The Adventures of Dumdum & Tamas (but mostly tamas)

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dumdum

Reaction score
Welp, I'm back. It's been many years since I joined Tamatalk (under a different name) and several since I last visited. Aside from a brief stint with a Tamagotchi Gudetama, I haven't been a tama mama in quite some time, but I recently received a Magic Tamagotchi On as a gift and I've been having a lot of fun with it. I especially love the large variety of tamas and the excitement of waiting to see what they look like as they grow. Evolution happens so quickly with the Tamagotchi On,  I thought keeping a log would be a great way to remember all of my babies.

I got my Tama-On June 25th and I'm now on generation 3. I have just a few photos from the first two generations so as soon as I remember how to post photos properly, I'll do a single post for each generation and go from there. Yay!

June 25
HA! Finally got a Tamagotchi On! I couldn't justify the $60 before now but I wanted something fun and unnecessary for my birthday and I noticed they were getting harder to find at my local stores.

Luckily, a Target in a town not too far away had the one I wanted:
YGEQHqb.jpg

I started it up and got a girl:
390Rata.jpg

June 26
I woke up to a nice surprise:
1CErz4M.jpg

Since it was my birthday, I was a bit busy and didn't interact with her too much other than making sure she had everything she needed. I can't remember if she evolved again later that day or the next...

June 27-28
A couple evolutions, first:
gy5yYKC.jpg

Her final form was Lovelitchi and I wasted no time getting her onto the app to find a husband. The first guy she proposed to said yes! 
FWMagEJ.jpg

iqRLNqo.jpg

Also, somewhere along the way (and before I even looked it up to figure it all out) she ended up with a pet Doyakentchi. That was cool.

Last edited by a moderator:
Second Generation

Lovelitchi and her octo-hubby had a boy. I wasn't sure if it was a boy or a girl at first and I wasn't sure how naming worked (I didn't know it would add -tchi to the end of the name) so I went with the first name that popped into my head and ended up with Soratchi. 

I looked up a tama pet guide and lured a Chapitchi to the yard:
D3sslbL.jpg

At some point, a Doyakentchi wandered into the yard, married the Chapitchi, and I ended up with this monstrosity:
4hYexbC.jpg

I only have one picture of Soratchi as a teenager and it makes me laugh:
R0zgVaw.jpg

Soratchi became an adult and I accidentally changed his color from pink to orange while trying to unlock a new location, but I was happy with the change. I decided to have him hang out in the app a bit to see if anyone was interested in proposing, but not before putting on his best accessory. He got two proposals:
5M75fIA.jpg

It's a longshot, I'm sure, but if either of these happens to be your tama, I'd love to see their babies!

I thought about keeping Soratchi a while longer, but I found a cute octo-girl and had to propose. Luckily, she said yes!
dFN4JlL.jpg

43KZKHa.jpg

Third Generation

That brings us to today! Soratchi and his octo-wifey had a boy, and his name is Marintchi. I was hoping he would get his mother's head rather than his father's, but so far he looks exactly like a young Soratchi, except he's a pale yellow instead of white. Maybe there's still a chance it'll change as he evolves?

Here he is an hour or so ago with his pet Makimotchi:
tukdfsW.jpg

Right now, we're in the app playing Catching Fruit. I was going to get the trumpet and stop, but the next prize is a fun room and we must have it!

So, I did three dumdum things. In order from least dum to most dum: I made an instagram specifically for my tamagotchis and considering I am in my 30s it feels a little weird but also I kind of love it? I ordered a Fairy Tamagotchi On from Amazon even though I had to talk myself into paying $50 for the Magical On in the first place. Lastly, and on that same note but even more extreme, I ordered a Sanrio Meets from Japan You Want. So it only took a week for me to go from "The Tamagotchi On looks cool but is too expensive" to "GIMME ALL THE TAMAS AND ALSO LET ME MAKE A GOTCHIGRAM". I got sucked into Tamagotchi collecting back in the mid 2000s, so I'm not entirely surprised, but it's all happening so fast. I've never imported a Japanese tama though so I'm pretty excited about my first one!

Anyway, back to Marintchi. Today (or, technically yesterday now), he became a teenager. 
jiZZQSJ.jpg

CkBNDaa.jpg

While I think he is stupid adorable, I'm a little bummed because he looks just like a teenage Soratchi (his dad), except a different color (light pink instead of light blue). Since I'm still very new to the Tama-On, I'm not sure if I should continue to hold out hope that he'll look more like his mother when he becomes an adult. Probably not!

Immediately after his evolution, I decided to check on Makimotchi and sure enough, there was a creepy Doyakentchi lurking in the shadows, waiting to have a creep-faced baby with an adorable pet. I'm not one to stand in the way of true love, no matter how nightmare-inducing it may be, but... 
ldx7DoZ.jpg

36buW6J.jpg

Why, Doyakentchi? Whyyyyyyyy?!?!?!?!

While I think he is stupid adorable, I'm a little bummed because he looks just like a teenage Soratchi (his dad), except a different color (light pink instead of light blue). Since I'm still very new to the Tama-On, I'm not sure if I should continue to hold out hope that he'll look more like his mother when he becomes an adult. Probably not!
You can still hold out hope hahah. The teenage tamas can do complete 180s. I've seen the adult come out with a different color, different head and even lose things like wings or a cape. 

You can still hold out hope hahah. The teenage tamas can do complete 180s. I've seen the adult come out with a different color, different head and even lose things like wings or a cape. 
Oooh, that is excellent news, thank you! The Lovelitchi ears are cute but everyone so far has had them and I want to see something else. My hope is still alive!

Marintchi's creep-faced Makimotchi had a baby with a super cute Harapparatchi and of course it has a creep face too. 
vHEQXvt.jpg

8nXWfsV.jpg

Maybe someday I will have the patience to wait for a tama pet other than Doyakentchi to show up.

Much to my dismay, Marintchi's adult form is exactly the same as his father's, even down to the color (his dad was only orange because I changed his color myself). Ugh, he's still adorable though, dang it. I gave him a pan and he got super excited about it. Oh yeah, and I changed his room. I don't really like it and will definitely change it soon.
hTgsFLY.jpg

r31Bhor.jpg

Since I'm pretty much over his Marintchi's look, I had him put on his Sunday best and we headed straight to the app to see if any ladies wanted to get married. He got 5 proposals, it was quite the confidence booster. So he tried proposing to some ladies who were a bit out of his league and was rejected each time. Poor guy.
Gns6Xog.jpg
LqW8PqY.jpg

Just as I was about to exit the app and head to bed, Marintchi received a 6th proposal and I decided to go all the way. I had to stay up an extra hour but it was worth it. Probably.
vuWJUaB.jpg

S4GIz8o.jpg

Marintchi and his ninja wife had a girl. Will she look just like her dad and grandpa? If not, will the Lovelitchi ears finally drop off too? I'll introduce her in my next post and we'll soon find out!

Marintchi's creep-faced Makimotchi had a baby with a super cute Harapparatchi and of course it has a creep face too. 
vHEQXvt.jpg

8nXWfsV.jpg

Maybe someday I will have the patience to wait for a tama pet other than Doyakentchi to show up.
Oh man, these creep-faced pets crack me up every time! :lol:

Generation 4

I wasn't sure what to name this girl, so I asked Boyfriend for suggestions and he said I should name him after someone from Terrace House. The first girl that came to mind (perhaps unsurprisingly) was Hana Kimura. I really loved watching Hana on Terrace House and was extremely sad to hear of her death. So I went with Hanatchi. It'll also be the perfect name if she ends up with flowers on her head like her mother. I haven't had a girl since the first generation and forgot how cute they are as babies.
Nvl4pOZ.jpg

Of course, Marintchi hung around for a while. They played together a bit.
viEBGnO.jpg

When it was time for Marintchi to leave, Hanatchi was beyond shocked.
fLquOai.jpg

I cheered her up by buying her a new room.
wv9QeXd.jpg

I'm not feeling very well, so today has been fairly uneventful. Since she was born so late last night, I expect Hanatchi to become a teen tomorrow morning. I'm excited to see how it goes. Fingers crossed that those ears will go away!

Oh yeah! I forgot to mention I found the person who raised Hanatchi's grandma on Instagram last night! It happened completely by accident. I thought that was pretty cool.

Hanatchi's teen form is super cute. I love her wings.
V7M9Chm.jpg

IYtBhOq.jpg

Not a whole lot to report today. Hanatchi did check out the festival in Magic Land though. She had a great time on the roller coaster.
y9e582w.jpg

chixXyx.jpg

The music that plays during the coaster ride is amazing. While I was watching it happen, I totally expected her to make the face she made once the coaster dropped, but the music was quite the surprise. I made her ride the coaster twice more just so I could hear it.

I spent a lot of time with Hanatchi today. She woke me up this morning with her very loud evolution from teen to adult. Not long after that, a Doyakentchi tried to marry her pet Makimotchi. This time, I rejected him! Only Hanatchi is allowed to have a creep-face this time around.
HACm2ml.jpg

MPKurHY.jpg

The Makimotchi married a Shurikentchi instead. I am pleased with the result, it's a fitting pet for Hanatchi.
CU3gpT3.jpg

I messed around with the various games currently available to me and I think the sushi game is my favorite. I love the animations when you choose the plate. The face Hanatchi makes when I choose the incorrect plate cracks me up.
voEBiiJ.jpg

aMARUGS.jpg

She looks so annoyed haha I love it.

Later, Hanatchi learned that some super weird stuff goes on in tama-space.
K8sNkS2.jpg

K48pouL.jpg

FAId5St.jpg

Once more, it was time to try to get rid of the Lovelitchi ears. Off to the app, where Hanatchi was rejected 6 times...
krKuAAK.jpg

before finding her true love.
kt8SFYn.jpg

c6r5avZ.jpg

Generation 5

Hanatchi and the cat-eared ice cream had twin boys. It's my first set of twins and I love them ahhhh! I named them Bingtchi and Mooptchi. They're already teens, they grow up so fast.
BDKDTeR.jpg

FBiGgTi.jpg

B66g78L.jpg

Bingtchi changed from white to pink, Mooptchi has stayed gray. I feel bad for Mooptchi, he doesn't get to have his name on the photos. It looks like they're finally going to lose the Lovelitchi ears, but I'm not going to get my hopes up. Gotta see them as adults to believe it. 

My boyfriend's Fairy Tamagotchi On arrived yesterday and I babysat his tama boy today. While they were all still children, I had them meet up a few times. The twins gave him a present, they went to Magic Land together, and then they were all given a BFF item.
I2bkJDR.jpg

qeBJ2r0.jpg

That's it for today, I had a lot going on tonight and couldn't mess around in the app like I planned. Oooh, almost forgot to mention my Sanrio Meets is on its way! It was only just shipped from Japan and is apparently already in Ohio whaatttt I'm so stoked. It's supposed to be here by Monday, the 13th. I can't wait :D

Latest posts

Back