Scrungo's Morino Tamagotchi Log!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scrungo

Reaction score
Hello, and welcome to my Morino log!​

Now, I REALLY like bugs, ESPECIALLY Stag Beetles, or really anything with a horn/pincer. I also just like most bugs in general.​

After finding a Tamagotchi thats ALL about bugs, I knew I had to get it. The only thing that comes this close to my love of bugs is Fish.​

​

In this log, I plan to:​

Run the Polka Dot egg to get a feel for how this Tamagotchi plays.​

Run the White egg several times after the Polka Dot egg, and see who I get.​

Discuss how I got specific outcomes to the best of my ability.​

Talk about new features the Morino has, and differences it has from other vintage Tamas the best I can.​

​

With introductions out of the way, I hope you all enjoy this log of the Japan exclusive, Morino Tamagotch!​

latest

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright, so I put the batteries in and turned it on.​

I decided to go with the Polka dot egg, which will always result in getting Kabutotchi.​

unknown.png

​

After about 5 minutes or so, he hatched!​

unknown.png

...Just to fall asleep.​

​

I swiftly turned out the lights, and now he's just sleeping soundly.​

unknown.png

​

​

It's 10:11 PM as I write this, and I'm contemplating changing the clock on my Tama so I can play with it some more tonight, although I'm not 100% sure I want to do so.​

If I do, expect to see another post later tonight with my progress on Kabutotchi!​

I ended up changing the time so that I could play with it all night, and good thing I did. ​

I squeezed a good 7-8 hours out of this thing tonight alone, which just means less time I'll have to wait to get the the Cocoon stage!​

unknown.png

(Heres a pic of him awake, since in the last post it was of him sleeping :p ) ​

​

At 3:00AM CST he got attacked by a Frog!​

Unfortunately I was unable to get a picture of it due to me caring about my Tamas well being more than a picture.​

When I can, I'll make sure to take a picture and post it, probably on another run most likely.​

​

Other than that, not much happened tonight, and from what I know, it'll take about 72 hours to turn into a cocoon.​

So, since there isn't much to report on, I'll take this time to talk about new features/differences I notice!​

​

Starting with...​

The Shell Game!

unknown.png

In this game, you must find a leaf randomly hidden under one of these 4 hats/jars/shells (I'm not entirely sure what they are, honestly).​

Much like the P1's "Left or Right" game, this is both random, and has a "pattern" to it.​

You must find 2 out of 4 leaves to fill in a leaf on the happy meter. If you manga to find all 4, it will fill in 2 leaves instead of 1 on the happy meter!​

Personally, This game is alright. I like it a bit more than "left or Right", but can feel slow, and if you cant figure out the pattern to find the leaves, can lead into attempting the game several times which can be annoying.​

​

Secondly, I'll talk about...​

The Screen Saver!

unknown.png

A new mechanic to the Morino, after about 8ish seconds of innactivity, the screen goes from showing your Tama, to this cute background of two trees, and your Tama flying in between them!​

At first I liked this, I thought it was really cool! but after a while, I found myself just wanting to watch my Tamas idle animation due to how cute they always are! So I found myself pushing a button just to view it.​

If it had a bit more personality, like Babymotchi/Imotchi crawling on the ground (since they cant fly), and the Cocoon/Minotchi hanging from a tree branch, I'd like it a lot more! But regardless of whatever Tamagotchi you have at a given time, they'll always be shown flying around the screen, to my knowledge at least.​

If your Tama gets attacked by a Predator and you don't stop it, on the screen saver it will be on the ground instead of flying. However I cant prove this since that has not happened to me yet, but I thought id mention it at least while I'm already talking about the screen saver.​

​

​

​

Well, that's it from me for now. ​

I'll see you guys later with any new discoveries/things I want to talk about when it comes to the Morino! ​

Until next time!  :D

As expected, not much happened today.​

He got attacked once earlier in the day, but sadly I forgot to check the time.​

And then he got attacked at around 11:14PM apparently, because next time I checked my Tama, he looked like this!​

unknown.png

I've heard that if you don't react to a predator fast enough, your Tama will end up in bandages, and I'm 95% sure that's what happened here, sadly.​

Funny thing is, I don't remember hearing him getting attacked. Perhaps the batteries in this Tama are getting so low that the volume is getting quiet, or my hearing is just bad, could go either way lol.  :lol:

If anything, at least I got to take a picture of what it looks like so that I can share it with this log!  :p  ​

​

Other than that, I never let his leaves drop below 1, and was just an uneventful day overall tbh.​

Oh, and it seems like hes been losing his hunger faster than before, it's been so slight that I think its just my brain playing tricks with me, but I swear his meter is going down faster and faster...  :eek:

​

Well, guess I could take this time to talk about another feature of this Tama...​

Multiple Food Choices!

unknown.png

Normally (and to my knowledge) Vintage Tamas only have 2 food choices: One that fills up hunger & weight, and one that fills happiness & a lot of weight.​

This one (albeit not shown in the picture provided) has up to 4 different food options, some of which change throughout the day, and others that are only accessible with certain outcomes!​

The leaf increases your food meter, as well as your weight by 1. But the other option (which changes throughout the day) raises your food hunger by 1, and weight by 2.

Fatter Tamas are considered healthier in this version, so its best to go with the second option rather than the leaf since the game lowers your weight by 1, essentially making the leaf useless.  :p

Once I learn more about the food, I'll go more in depth about it and how it works, but for now I figured I'd go ahead and mention it since today has been slow, and it gives me something to write about  :lol:

​

​

Tomorrow will most likely be as slow as today, and since I don't think he'll go into a cocoon by tomorrows end, and I don't think there's any other features I can talk about about at the moment, there may or may not be a post tomorrow.​

If anything happens with my Tama, I'll see you guys tomorrow.​

And if nothing happens tomorrow, I'll see you whenever something does happen :lol:  ​

At around 10:15PM, something finally happened!​

My Tama turned into a cocoon!​

unknown.png

So, I kept him with me all day, but I never heard the music that plays when a Tama evolves.​

The sound on this has been pretty low as well, and it's really bugging me.  :lol:

I don't know if its a battery problem, a problem with my unit, or some other third thing.​

In my next run I'll replace the batteries just to be safe, and hopefully that fixes it.​

​

When your Tama turns into a cocoon, the status screen shows this instead of the usual meters, age, and weight:​

The Temperature Screen!

unknown.png

Pushing the A button changes which way the arrow is facing, and the other 2 buttons just take you back to your cocoon.​

My theory is that over time, it slowly gets hotter or colder (depending on where the arrow is facing), and you have to check in every few hours to make sure it doesnt get TOO hot or cold.​

I always thought you'd push the B button and it would change instantly, but I guess I was wrong :lol:

​

Since this is the polka dot egg, we're destined to get Kabutotchi within the next 24 hours.​

I wont spend too much time with Kabutotchi, as much as I love Rhino Beetles, I really want to see the other Tamas in this version!​

I'll stick with Kabutotchi for a bit to document what hes like and stuff, but after a few days, I'll either get more lax when it comes to taking care of him, or just reset, idk yet.​

​

​

Welp, I'll see you guys when Kabutotchi emerges from his cocoon! :D

Hey! Sorry I haven't done an update in a while, I've been pretty busy with things haha.​

Enough about me though, because a few days ago on Monday at 8:33PM, Kabutotchi emerged from the cocoon!​

unknown.png

He looks so COOOOOOOL!!!!!!!! :D

Like I've stated several times before, I LOVE Rhino Beetles/Stag Beetles, so Kabutotchi is immediately my FAVORITE outcome on the Morino due to that.  :wub:

Ok, enough about me gushing over my favorite bugs, lets move onto another feature of the Morino...​

​

The Length Screen!

unknown.png

This screen shows up as the 4th page on the status menu once you get Kabutotchi, and is exclusive to him! (As far as I know, at least)​

I'm not sure on how you make it go up. My guess is that it's tied to both how much he eats, and how old he gets, but I could be wrong.​

I don't think there's any incentive to increase his length either, I think its more of a "High Score" thing to compete with your friends, and to have bragging rights if you get yours to be really long or something.​

​

Also, have this picture of Kabutotchi sleeping!​

unknown.png

Look at him, hes using a LEAF as a blanket! its so CUTE! ​

​

Well, aside from that, not much as happened, especially since I've had him paused due to me being busy. However I shouldn't be as busy for a while, so he shouldn't have to be paused much anymore!​

It might be a few days until the next update, it sucks to leave you guys again for a few days, but oh well, there's not much I can talk about when hes an adult lol  :lol:

So, I'll see you guys in a few days if anything happens! Expect the White Egg soon as well! :D

That is actually one of the cutest things I've ever seen in a tamagotchi! 😍
Yeah! The Mori looks like a really charming version.

Incidentally, @Scrungo, maybe your log has contributed to the sudden run on these at Japan You Want? I was browsing a bit over the last few days and every single one that they had was quickly gone! :lol:

Incidentally, @Scrungo, maybe your log has contributed to the sudden run on these at Japan You Want? I was browsing a bit over the last few days and every single one that they had was quickly gone! :lol:
Oh my god, you really think so?? :eek:

If it is the case, that'd be really cool knowing that I influenced people to buy this Tama, especially since it's one of my favorites!  :lol:

Oh my god, you really think so?? :eek:

If it is the case, that'd be really cool knowing that I influenced people to buy this Tama, especially since it's one of my favorites!  :lol:
It's just a guess, since this is the only remaining active Tamagotchi fan-site as far as I know and therefore people from here (be they members or simply readers) are some of the most-likely customers of Japan You Want, and, like @Berks says, I've never seen all of their Mori no Tamagotchi stock sold out either. :lol:

Fun fact:

Before the English Ocean was released, Bandai America was planning to do a Mori in English. 

But after the release of the Ocean, Bandai suddenly decided to cease production of Tamagotchis.

At that time, it was like the ending of the Tamagotchi era, until the Connection series.

I am glad, though, that Bandai decided to start making Tamas again!  :D

Hey! Long time no see!​

I'm sorry I haven't been able to update this in FOREVER, things have been busy now that I'm finally graduated from high school, so I haven't been able to post much, or play with my Tama much...​

Which means that, sadly, our Kabutotchi has sadly passed away...  :(

(Sorry for the not so good image, I got a new phone and I'm still trying to figure out the camera)​

unknown.png

Life got decently busy after my last post on this thread, which means I had to pause him a lot, and his schedule was really weird regardless.​

I don't remember how many years he lived, somewhere around 12-16, which honestly isn't that good from what I've done before...​

But that doesn't matter, Kabutotchi was really just for getting used to the Morino as a whole, now that I understand it's mechanics, getting a specific outcome with the white egg should be easy!​

But sadly, that'll have to wait as I've been really busy for the past few weeks.​

When I gain some free time to be able to care and look over a Tama, I'll return with a run of the white egg for sure!​

​

​

So, with all that said and done, Rest in Peace Kabuto (which is the nickname I just now decided to give him), You'll be dearly missed. :(

And hopefully I'll see you guys sometime soon with my run of the white egg! ^_^​

See ya then!  :D

Latest posts

Back