Sign in to follow this  
Scrungo

Scrungo's Morino Tamagotchi Log!

Hello, and welcome to my Morino log!

Now, I REALLY like bugs, ESPECIALLY Stag Beetles, or really anything with a horn/pincer. I also just like most bugs in general.

After finding a Tamagotchi thats ALL about bugs, I knew I had to get it. The only thing that comes this close to my love of bugs is Fish.

In this log, I plan to:

Run the Polka Dot egg to get a feel for how this Tamagotchi plays.

Run the White egg several times after the Polka Dot egg, and see who I get.

Discuss how I got specific outcomes to the best of my ability.

Talk about new features the Morino has, and differences it has from other vintage Tamas the best I can.

With introductions out of the way, I hope you all enjoy this log of the Japan exclusive, Morino Tamagotch!

latest?cb=20181112032741

Edited by Scrungo
  • Like 6

Alright, so I put the batteries in and turned it on.

I decided to go with the Polka dot egg, which will always result in getting Kabutotchi.

unknown.png

After about 5 minutes or so, he hatched!

unknown.png

...Just to fall asleep.

I swiftly turned out the lights, and now he's just sleeping soundly.

unknown.png

It's 10:11 PM as I write this, and I'm contemplating changing the clock on my Tama so I can play with it some more tonight, although I'm not 100% sure I want to do so.

If I do, expect to see another post later tonight with my progress on Kabutotchi!

• Like 5

I ended up changing the time so that I could play with it all night, and good thing I did. 

I squeezed a good 7-8 hours out of this thing tonight alone, which just means less time I'll have to wait to get the the Cocoon stage!

unknown.png

(Heres a pic of him awake, since in the last post it was of him sleeping :P

At 3:00AM CST he got attacked by a Frog!

Unfortunately I was unable to get a picture of it due to me caring about my Tamas well being more than a picture.

When I can, I'll make sure to take a picture and post it, probably on another run most likely.

Other than that, not much happened tonight, and from what I know, it'll take about 72 hours to turn into a cocoon.

So, since there isn't much to report on, I'll take this time to talk about new features/differences I notice!

Starting with...

The Shell Game!

unknown.png

In this game, you must find a leaf randomly hidden under one of these 4 hats/jars/shells (I'm not entirely sure what they are, honestly).

Much like the P1's "Left or Right" game, this is both random, and has a "pattern" to it.

You must find 2 out of 4 leaves to fill in a leaf on the happy meter. If you manga to find all 4, it will fill in 2 leaves instead of 1 on the happy meter!

Personally, This game is alright. I like it a bit more than "left or Right", but can feel slow, and if you cant figure out the pattern to find the leaves, can lead into attempting the game several times which can be annoying.

Secondly, I'll talk about...

The Screen Saver!

unknown.png

A new mechanic to the Morino, after about 8ish seconds of innactivity, the screen goes from showing your Tama, to this cute background of two trees, and your Tama flying in between them!

At first I liked this, I thought it was really cool! but after a while, I found myself just wanting to watch my Tamas idle animation due to how cute they always are! So I found myself pushing a button just to view it.

If it had a bit more personality, like Babymotchi/Imotchi crawling on the ground (since they cant fly), and the Cocoon/Minotchi hanging from a tree branch, I'd like it a lot more! But regardless of whatever Tamagotchi you have at a given time, they'll always be shown flying around the screen, to my knowledge at least.

If your Tama gets attacked by a Predator and you don't stop it, on the screen saver it will be on the ground instead of flying. However I cant prove this since that has not happened to me yet, but I thought id mention it at least while I'm already talking about the screen saver.

Well, that's it from me for now. 

I'll see you guys later with any new discoveries/things I want to talk about when it comes to the Morino! 

Until next time! :D

• Like 5

As expected, not much happened today.

He got attacked once earlier in the day, but sadly I forgot to check the time.

And then he got attacked at around 11:14PM apparently, because next time I checked my Tama, he looked like this!

unknown.png

I've heard that if you don't react to a predator fast enough, your Tama will end up in bandages, and I'm 95% sure that's what happened here, sadly.

Funny thing is, I don't remember hearing him getting attacked. Perhaps the batteries in this Tama are getting so low that the volume is getting quiet, or my hearing is just bad, could go either way lol. :lol:

If anything, at least I got to take a picture of what it looks like so that I can share it with this log! :P 

Other than that, I never let his leaves drop below 1, and was just an uneventful day overall tbh.

Oh, and it seems like hes been losing his hunger faster than before, it's been so slight that I think its just my brain playing tricks with me, but I swear his meter is going down faster and faster... :o

Well, guess I could take this time to talk about another feature of this Tama...

Multiple Food Choices!

unknown.png

Normally (and to my knowledge) Vintage Tamas only have 2 food choices: One that fills up hunger & weight, and one that fills happiness & a lot of weight.

This one (albeit not shown in the picture provided) has up to 4 different food options, some of which change throughout the day, and others that are only accessible with certain outcomes!

The leaf increases your food meter, as well as your weight by 1. But the other option (which changes throughout the day) raises your food hunger by 1, and weight by 2.

Fatter Tamas are considered healthier in this version, so its best to go with the second option rather than the leaf since the game lowers your weight by 1, essentially making the leaf useless. :P

Once I learn more about the food, I'll go more in depth about it and how it works, but for now I figured I'd go ahead and mention it since today has been slow, and it gives me something to write about :lol:

Tomorrow will most likely be as slow as today, and since I don't think he'll go into a cocoon by tomorrows end, and I don't think there's any other features I can talk about about at the moment, there may or may not be a post tomorrow.

If anything happens with my Tama, I'll see you guys tomorrow.

And if nothing happens tomorrow, I'll see you whenever something does happen :lol: 

Edited by Scrungo
  • Like 6

At around 10:15PM, something finally happened!

My Tama turned into a cocoon!

unknown.png

So, I kept him with me all day, but I never heard the music that plays when a Tama evolves.

The sound on this has been pretty low as well, and it's really bugging me. :lol:

I don't know if its a battery problem, a problem with my unit, or some other third thing.

In my next run I'll replace the batteries just to be safe, and hopefully that fixes it.

When your Tama turns into a cocoon, the status screen shows this instead of the usual meters, age, and weight:

The Temperature Screen!

unknown.png

Pushing the A button changes which way the arrow is facing, and the other 2 buttons just take you back to your cocoon.

My theory is that over time, it slowly gets hotter or colder (depending on where the arrow is facing), and you have to check in every few hours to make sure it doesnt get TOO hot or cold.

I always thought you'd push the B button and it would change instantly, but I guess I was wrong :lol:

Since this is the polka dot egg, we're destined to get Kabutotchi within the next 24 hours.

I wont spend too much time with Kabutotchi, as much as I love Rhino Beetles, I really want to see the other Tamas in this version!

I'll stick with Kabutotchi for a bit to document what hes like and stuff, but after a few days, I'll either get more lax when it comes to taking care of him, or just reset, idk yet.

Welp, I'll see you guys when Kabutotchi emerges from his cocoon! :D

• Like 6

Hey! Sorry I haven't done an update in a while, I've been pretty busy with things haha.

Enough about me though, because a few days ago on Monday at 8:33PM, Kabutotchi emerged from the cocoon!

unknown.png

He looks so COOOOOOOL!!!!!!!! :D

Like I've stated several times before, I LOVE Rhino Beetles/Stag Beetles, so Kabutotchi is immediately my FAVORITE outcome on the Morino due to that. :wub:

Ok, enough about me gushing over my favorite bugs, lets move onto another feature of the Morino...

The Length Screen!

unknown.png

This screen shows up as the 4th page on the status menu once you get Kabutotchi, and is exclusive to him! (As far as I know, at least)

I'm not sure on how you make it go up. My guess is that it's tied to both how much he eats, and how old he gets, but I could be wrong.

I don't think there's any incentive to increase his length either, I think its more of a "High Score" thing to compete with your friends, and to have bragging rights if you get yours to be really long or something.

Also, have this picture of Kabutotchi sleeping!

unknown.png

Look at him, hes using a LEAF as a blanket! its so CUTE! 

Well, aside from that, not much as happened, especially since I've had him paused due to me being busy. However I shouldn't be as busy for a while, so he shouldn't have to be paused much anymore!

It might be a few days until the next update, it sucks to leave you guys again for a few days, but oh well, there's not much I can talk about when hes an adult lol :lol:

So, I'll see you guys in a few days if anything happens! Expect the White Egg soon as well! :D

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Scrungo said:

Look at him, hes using a LEAF as a blanket! its so CUTE! 

That is actually one of the cutest things I've ever seen in a tamagotchi! 😍

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Berks said:

That is actually one of the cutest things I've ever seen in a tamagotchi! 😍

Yeah! The Mori looks like a really charming version.

Incidentally, @Scrungo, maybe your log has contributed to the sudden run on these at Japan You Want? I was browsing a bit over the last few days and every single one that they had was quickly gone! :lol:

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Penguin-keeper said:

Incidentally, @Scrungo, maybe your log has contributed to the sudden run on these at Japan You Want? I was browsing a bit over the last few days and every single one that they had was quickly gone! :lol:

Oh my god, you really think so?? :o

If it is the case, that'd be really cool knowing that I influenced people to buy this Tama, especially since it's one of my favorites! :lol:

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, Scrungo said:

If it is the case, that'd be really cool knowing that I influenced people to buy this Tama, especially since it's one of my favorites! :lol:

I have actually never seen the Morinos all sold out on JYW before now lol

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Scrungo said:

It's just a guess, since this is the only remaining active Tamagotchi fan-site as far as I know and therefore people from here (be they members or simply readers) are some of the most-likely customers of Japan You Want, and, like @Berks says, I've never seen all of their Mori no Tamagotchi stock sold out either. :lol:

Edited by Penguin-keeper
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Penguin-keeper said:

Yeah! The Mori looks like a really charming version.

True dat! :D

Fun fact:

Before the English Ocean was released, Bandai America was planning to do a Mori in English. 

But after the release of the Ocean, Bandai suddenly decided to cease production of Tamagotchis.

At that time, it was like the ending of the Tamagotchi era, until the Connection series.

I am glad, though, that Bandai decided to start making Tamas again! :D

• Like 3

Hey! Long time no see!

I'm sorry I haven't been able to update this in FOREVER, things have been busy now that I'm finally graduated from high school, so I haven't been able to post much, or play with my Tama much...

Which means that, sadly, our Kabutotchi has sadly passed away... :(

(Sorry for the not so good image, I got a new phone and I'm still trying to figure out the camera)

unknown.png

Life got decently busy after my last post on this thread, which means I had to pause him a lot, and his schedule was really weird regardless.

I don't remember how many years he lived, somewhere around 12-16, which honestly isn't that good from what I've done before...

But that doesn't matter, Kabutotchi was really just for getting used to the Morino as a whole, now that I understand it's mechanics, getting a specific outcome with the white egg should be easy!

But sadly, that'll have to wait as I've been really busy for the past few weeks.

When I gain some free time to be able to care and look over a Tama, I'll return with a run of the white egg for sure!

So, with all that said and done, Rest in Peace Kabuto (which is the nickname I just now decided to give him), You'll be dearly missed.:(

And hopefully I'll see you guys sometime soon with my run of the white egg! ^_^

See ya then! :D

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Tacoburritotchi said:

Fun fact:
Kabuto is a Pokemon!

Fun fact: The Pokemon is named after the kabutogani (the Japanese name for the horseshoe crab that it's based on), and the name is also shared with a type of samurai helmet. ;)

@Scrungo picked a great name. :)

Edited by Penguin-keeper
  • Like 5

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By DonValleyParkway
      =================================================================
      Sorry about this, I almost immediately found the answer, I just needed to use the care option, I didn't realise that the term morino was used more widely that mori de hakken until i was filling in the tags on this post and I didn't think to check again before posting, my bad, I'll check more thoroughly in the future!
      =================================================================
      Hi
      I recently bought a morino and yesterday I started it up, everything was fine. When they woke up this morning they seemed the same as the night before but around ten o'clock (approximately 24 hours after i turned it on) it became this strange cocoon, I copied the design out and attached it to this post.
      On the overhead view they're not moving which initially made me think it was just a cocoon animation between stages but they've been in this form for a while now and their hunger and happiness meters aren't frozen like I assume a cocoon's would be.
      When I try to feed them the leaf just sits next to them, eventually it takes me back to the food select screen and looking at the stats screen shows that their hunger meter hasn't changed.
      When I try to play a game nothing visually changes but it will ignore the next button input I press.
      All the other functions like menu navigation, the clock, and muting the tamagotchi are working so it seems like it's just the tamagotchi that's not working.
      I looked around for what it could be but i can't find any documentation of this form.
      My only thought is that this is some sort of emaciated form from keeping my tamagotchi's weight too low since I read that weight affects growth on this tamagotchi and the pixels in the lower right of the sprite resemble a cane but I'd think someone would've doccumented that if that were the case.
      Any help or information would be appreciated!

• By KuchipatchiPod
      Hello everyone  My name is KuchipatchiPod or you can say Pod for short. I am new here but saw the log forum and decided to give it a try
      I've mentioned in other threads, but recently my father delivered to me my original 97 P1 Tamagotchi that I played with as a young tween. I decided to get some batteries for it, and while I was at it, grab a Japanese OG P1 so I could try to get Oyajitchi. I'd always been interested in collecting Tamagotchis, and my friend sent me a link to where you can buy the new Digimon ver20th vpets. I had to grab one. Then you know how online shopping goes... you get a little carried away sometimes. I had just received a Twitch payout and decided to blow it all on Tamas and Digis. I grabbed up six Digimon total (one of each variation, and then a sixth so I could ge thte "connect to 5 unique devices" mons... )
      After playing with my new Tamas and Digis for a bit, I decided I wanted some "fresh" Tamas, as my OG ones have seen better days. So I ordered a rerelease P1 and P2... Definitely going to stop for now because I'm quickly depleting the little bit I have in my bank account...
      At first it was just the two Tamas and a yellow Digivice. But then my purple one came in (for some reason the other 5 got shipped in two different packages despite buying them all together) early in the morning, so I decided to open it and play with it, even though it's the same "variation" as the yellow one. But I was eager to start another Digimon. Then the others came in later in the day. I was feeling obsessive and wanted to try out some of the other ones, too. Since the black and white ones have forms that can Jogress with each other, I decided to open BOTH of those. Bringing me to a whopping total of 6 active pets. 
      So let's meet the crew...

I named each device (I'm not going to name each individual monster/creature). In the Digimon, you actually get to type in the names, so I was limited to 4 characters, but with the Tamagotchis you don't enter a name, so I just refer to them by the names I gave them.
      Tyson is the translucent blue Tamagotchi shell. He's my OG P1 from when I was a kid. I started him on the 19th after learning I could take him apart and clean him out (thanks to the members here!) Takao is the all-white Tamagotchi shell. He's the OG JP P1 that I ordered from eBay. I started him on the 20th when I got him in the mail. Kudos to you if you get the naming theme of the two Tamas. THAO is the translucent yellow Digivice. It's the first one I received when I thought I was only buying one of them. I started it on the 19th when I first got it in the mail after trying to get Tyson to hatch before learning I could clean him out, so THAO has been the longest-running pet so far. META is the translucent purple Digivice. It's the second one I received and started early in the morning of the 21st because I was eager to start another Digivice. POD is the black Digivice with white buttons. It was the third Digimon to get started, after I got my shipment of the rest of the Digivices that I had ordered on the 21st. TRAN is the white Digivice with black buttons. It is the most recently started one; I waited til the Baby stage of POD was finished before starting it so I wouldn't get too overwhelmed. I decided to take a photo of each evolution I get in the P1s, so I can have photographic evidence that I got each 'gotchi. My goal is to see all twelve forms!
      My memory is kind of bad so I think the timeline here is a bit off, but I'm trying to make it as accurate as possible as to the last three days.
      MAY 19th - THE BEGINNING
      The 19th was easy as I was only caring for the THAO for the first part of the day, enjoying my first little Koromon. Later in the evening, after learning I could clean out my Tama, I started raising the newly-revived Tyson. Babytchi is so needy! Koromon hardly needed any care, so I was focused completely on Babytchi. It was getting pretty late, so when Babytchi went to sleep, I thought it was done for the night. I sat it aside and got online to watch some Twitch. Then a bit later I heard him crying out! To my surprise, there were four poops and a sick Babytchi waiting for me. I nursed the poor little guy back to health, and that's how I re-learned that Babychi takes a nap shortly after hatching instead of going to sleep for the night.
      Finally, Tyson evolved into Marutchi! Then I was wondering why it was not falling asleep for the night, as it was after 10PM. I checked his clock and realized I had mixed up the AM/PM. Oops! I fixed it and Tyson fell right to sleep.
      MAY 20th - TAMAGOTCHI DAY
      The 20th was an exciting day because my Japanese Tama was set to arrive in the mail! I anxious awaited its arrival while keeping an eye on THAO and Tyson. It was pretty easy as Marutchi is not nearly as needy as Babytchi, and I was having fun checking on THAO every now and then because I was still feeling quite obsessive and not wanting to do much else.
      Takao finally came in the mail in the early afternoon. Sadly, I was not able to get his battery compartment open because the screws are stuck! But the existing batteries, despite being 25 years old, seemed to work when I pulled the tab out, so I gave him a reset and started to care for him. Another needy Babytchi... The screen would fade in and out sometimes shortly after pulling the tab, but since then it seems to be running fine. Eventually, Takao evolved to Marutchi as well and it was easier to keep track of them.
      I decided to try an experiment, since Tyson's buttons are particularly hard to press. I would raise Tyson's happiness only by feeding candy, and Takao's happiness only by playing games. Let's see how they evolve!
      THAO's Koromon evolved to Agumon and I was able to start another egg! I picked the horizontal stripey one because I knew it could evolve into Kunemon eventually, which is my favorite Digimon. I had to be careful to neglect Tokomon just the right amount to get three care mistakes. I didn't want to hurt the poor thing any more than that. Once I got the mistakes, I took good care of him well.
      MAY 21st - DIGIMON DAY
      Normally I wake up around 10-11AM, but on this day, Tokomon decided to cry at 730AM! I can't believe the Digimon wake up so early! Thankfully, the cry did not wake up my husband, who is a pretty deep sleeper. I waited 10 minutes to get my final care mistake I needed, and then started taking good care of Tokomon. Later in the day, he evolved into a beautiful Kunemon.
      Earlier in the afternoon, my package arrived with META, my purple Digivice. I was originally going to put this one away and just play with one of the Black or White ones when they came in, for a total of two Digimon. But while waiting for my package to come with the rest of my Digimon, I got so anxious to play that I ended up opening up the purple one anyway. I neglected Koromon just enough to get him to evolve into Betamon (so I could have two different mons).
      Later in the afternoon, my other package came in with the rest of my Digimon. I still wanted to have a type A or B digivice running, so I decided to open POD. Hubs was taking a nap, so I decided to stay in the guest bedroom and take care of my pets while playing phone games. This way the sound wouldn't bother him while he slept. Without much else to do, I was checking my pets constantly, and felt like there wasn't enough to do with the pets. So I decided to open TRAN. Maybe I was making a big mistake, running so many pets at once...
      I was having so much fun with my pets, but the buttons on Tyson and Takao were kind of hard to press, making me have to exert my thumb more than I would like. So I decided... why not get even more pets? So I ordered a P1 and P2 rerelease to be delivered on the 23rd...
      MAY 22nd - THE FIRST FULL DAY OF 6 PETS
      And that catches us up to today  Outside of getting the Child/Rookie stages of the Digimon I wanted (since I really wanted Betamon and Kunemon), I'm trying not to use any guides or help. I did look at a P1 growth chart to make a checklist of all the forms you can possibly get on the P1. I'll try to update if anything major happens from here on out.
      CAPTURE PROGRESS
      Babytchi - Tyson 5/19/21 Marutchi - Tyson 5/19/21 Tamatchi - Not Found Kutchitamatchi - Not Found Mametchi - Not Found Ginjirotchi - Not Found Masktchi - Not Found Kuchipatchi - Not Found Nyorochi - Not Found Tarakotchi - Not Found Oyajitchi - Not Found Bill - Not Found
    • By orangeslushieplushie
      Hello everyone! I decided to share with you about this game I just recently installed on my phone like a few weeks ago (or maybe a month ago? I’m not sure), it’s called Dunpets! As you can see, I’m crazy about virtual pets and any kind of them! I’m pretty sure I’m not the only one here. I hope it's okay to post about a virtual pet that's not a Tamagotchi... I'll be logging about them soon too!
      After watching Jaiden Animation’s videos about virtual pets and the Pokemon Nuzlocke run, I kinda wanted to play Pokemon too. But seemingly I was getting buried in a pile of assignments, I didn’t think getting into Pokemon again was a good idea. Then I thought about looking for a game that isn't actually Pokemon but is similar… Thus, I stumbled upon Dunpets! It was the combination of what I wanted and needed: taking care of a virtual pet and BATTLING. I was very excited.
      But in the game itself there wasn’t really much to do. I hadn’t really explored all options yet. And as my assignments were piling up and the semester was getting difficult, I paused the game (which only told me I can do so once in my entire life). And now, it’s semester break and I felt like wanting to explore the game again so I finally resumed the game. 
    • By orangeslushieplushie
      Hello everyone! I finally figured out how to upload pictures (this thread was originally asking about that-) I'm new here and the first thing I want to do is to create a tama log! Upon seeing other people's log, I enjoy them very much and feel so inspired to do my own! 
      I made this little journal noting the progress of the bootleg 168 in 1 virtual pet that I have accidentally adopted and dearly named Tom! Of course, this was an old log. I previously posted these on Reddit and on the Tamagotchi FB group (he’s quite well-loved by a lot of people there too!). So I decided to post about Tom on Tamatalk because I think people here might like to read about Tom and his saga
      This log first started as a joke but later on (and even till this day) I had actually grown a deep attachment to this special bootleg virtual pet named Tom.
      Anyway, enough of the intro- Now I present to you, The Tom Saga: The Misadventures of a 168 in 1 Virtual Pet!

• By deerboy
      INTRODUCTION
      hello, my name is deerboy and after a several decade-long break i have finally gotten back into tamagotchi.
      i no longer have my original tamagotchi (perhaps i'll make a new thread when/if i find it), but i recently - literally just today - got a turquoise tamagotchi on.  turquoise isn't my favorite color, but that was the color Target had on sale so thats the one i got.
      CHAPTER 001
      my daughter, a beautiful bouncing LOVEKOTCHI, hatched around 5:30PM my time (AM in her time, because I am somewhat nocturnal lol) today.  she immediately developed a case of discontented anime facial lines, and because i chose not to read the directions, i struggled for a while to figure out how to clear them up.  fortunately tamas are easy to please, so after enough feeding, playing and photography, they cleared up and i knew how to keep them at bay going forward.
      shortly after hatching she turned into a fluffy CUTEHEARTCHI.  it was a good thing i took baby pictures, since they grow up so fast... however, now that she presumably has legs somewhere underneath all that fluff, its time for her to use them.  after a trip to the in-device shop i realized that we didn't have very much GP and i figured it was time that she take responsibility and get a real job.  its a good thing there are ample employment opportunities for children in the tamagotchi world, and i'm happy to report that she's a natural when it comes to picking up flowers in the in-app park and flipping pancakes in the restaurant.
      as of this writing, she has obtained: 2300GP, 2x FRUITS, CREAM SODA, CHICK HAT, RIBBON, CAT EARS, WIG & GLASSES and BUNNY EARS.  not bad for someone whose 5 hours old!

• By Dame
      Hi! This is a first for me, doing any type of game log. My name is Dame, and I played Tamagotchis when they originally came out, but never that much. I now am busying myself with my Magic Blue Tamagotchi On.
      Currently:
      Hoshipontchi ♂ (First in run)
      Other things to note:
      I am nocturnal, so I have set my Tamagotchi time to be 13 hours ahead of my time. I am using the Tamagotchi On app everyday. I am looking up some information, but not much. I am not planning on getting any certain Tama or anything off the bat. I am fine with being offered tips or advice! I am looking for people to friend on the app who are active.