What's the highest you'd go for an exclusive tama shell design?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Decotchi

Reaction score
So I've been on the hunt for a V5, and frankly I'm not that in love with most of the shell designs. Luckily I stumbled across a listing for the UK Argos exclusive pink glitter V5 (with the Violetchi charm attached) which I absolutely LOVE, and the seller offered me a 15% discount - which would still come out to about $176 USD. A part of me wants to snatch it up, as it's in great condition and I've only ever seen one other listed (and in that case it was only for trade). But I also just placed several Tama orders over the course of a week and I don't want to go on a binge haha. I'm torn!

Here's the shell I'm referring to:

redsparkles.jpg

So what do you all think? Is $176 a decent price for a like-new exclusive shell design? 

I'm not even the kind of person who'd shell out over $100 for a tama, but it really does depend on whether or not you're in a good financial position (considering you went on a binge hehe) + really really want a glittery shiny exclusive shell of a version 5 (I don't blame you either way, I'd kill for it as well ;w;). $176 is, when rounded up to the big numbers, closer to $200 - at least that's how I look at it. It's USD as well, which, when converted to my own currency, is quite expensive! But it is a very pretty shell, and I've seen listings for it that go muuuuch higher, so you're either taking the risk or leaving it for someone else.

The V5 is very rare nowadays, I don't see many listings for it in general, so it's up to you. Depends on how much you'd spend for a shell as well, because I wouldn't think twice about skipping this one on my end. I'm a cheapskate. XD Good luck either way!

These days, even if the on is not sold in france, the recent revival of the brand in Occident since one year seems to increase the price a lot. Back to last summer, the average price for a connection in good condition was around 25-40 euros. Now it s nearly impossible to find one under 40. Or you must check second hand website every hour...

These days, even if the on is not sold in france, the recent revival of the brand in Occident since one year seems to increase the price a lot. Back to last summer, the average price for a connection in good condition was around 25-40 euros. Now it s nearly impossible to find one under 40. Or you must check second hand website every hour...
Are there any secondhand websites you recommend for France/Europe? It seems like a lot of people in the tama groups on Facebook get theirs from Mercari but sadly they don't ship to France. 

Congratulations! :) Will you be sharing some pictures once you get it?
Definitely! It's shipping from the UK here to France so it should be arriving sometime next week  :ichigotchi:

On my opinion, if it was the best/only/cheapest option, then I'd snatch it.

If I was on a Tama-buying binge, I'd probably get it sometime after.
Yeah I was initially torn because it is the best option I've seen (and I've only ever seen one available for trade once), but I did go on a minor binge. I decided to get it in the end though, because I knew I would regret it if someone else snagged it before me!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back