Tacoburritotchi

Where can you get Tamagotchis in YOUR country?

I just created this because I read the OG one here.

I'll start first.

Well, I've been searching everywhere and couldn't find a single one.

People still sell some Tamagotchis on our local e-shopping sites, but they mostly sell the Meets versions, and sometimes M!Xes. I also happened to find an OG one.

• Like 2

On 7/20/2020 at 3:21 AM, Tacoburritotchi said:

People still sell some Tamagotchis on our local e-shopping sites, but they mostly sell the Meets versions, and sometimes M!Xes. I also happened to find an OG one.

You should check out the Facebook groups Tamagotchi Traders and Tamagotchi Buy & Sell. I've seen users from Malaysia selling tamas, so you'd get much cheaper shipping if you bought them that way! Etsy, eBay, and JapanYouWant are also great.

Here in France it seems like toy shops sell the modern versions, but I'm interested in checking out some vintage toy shops / thrift stores to see if I stumble across any OGs! Otherwise I find them online at the aforementioned websites.

Back home in Hawai'i I also bought them online, but I did have many friends and former classmates that would sell me their old tamas on occasion.

• Like 2

Sorry, but I don't use Facebook. 😅 Thanks anyway! :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tacoburritotchi said:

Sorry, but I don't use Facebook. 😅 Thanks anyway! :)

Fair enough! The other sources are still worth checking out, especially since finding OG tamas in-person is extremely rare.

• Like 1

In Canada you'll find the ONs (and other releases like the P1/2) at a game store chain, EB Games. You can also find older models on a selling website Kijiji, or at second hand stores. I've gotten Tamas from all these places. Then of course there's online like eBay, JYW, Amazon, etc.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Excluding outlets where you can obtain second-hand units, in the UK right now you can get the current Tamagotchi releases (either the 20th Anniversary Tamagotchi Mini, or the Tamagotchi Original Gen 1 and Gen 2 remakes) from Amazon UK, The Entertainer, and Mad-4-Toys.

The Entertainer had a restock of both the 20th Anniversary Minis and the older Tamagotchi Original colourways (which, in the UK, are exclusive to that store) earlier this week, but they've all sold out already - hopefully they'll get more at some point.

Edited by Penguin-keeper
  • Like 2

On 7/20/2020 at 11:21 AM, Tacoburritotchi said:

I just created this because I read the OG one here.

I'll start first.

I always get mad jelly at the cool listings on carousell.

In Australia, we have EB Games and Big W for P1/P2 re-releases and digivices. People list vintages, connections and modern tamas on our local equivalent of craigslist, Gumtree, and of course, there's always Ebay.

• Like 3

I live in the United States and I get most of my Tamagotchi merchandise from Ebay, However, I was able to find the Tamagotchi-On and the Pac-Man Tamagotchi at Target. I also found some Tamagotchi plushies with squeakers at Gamestop for 2.97 each. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Here in the Netherlands there's only like 1 toy store chain (Intertoys) and 1 game store chain (Game Mania). Supermarkets don't sell electronics. Game Mania doesn't sell Tamagotchi. Intertoys sold the Connexion v3 and Friends but other than that only knockoffs. For the most part you have to buy Tamagotchi's from other countries. I was shocked when I got a Connexion v5 from France because the manual and Tamagotchi Earth Expo site were also in Dutch! Bandai Namco localised it but no one wanted to sell it here, only knockoffs!

But Amazon has expanded to the Netherlands recently (amazon.nl) and they're selling the Tamagotchi Gen. 1 rerelease as well as the French version of Tamagotchi the Movie: Happiest Story in the Universe on DVD!

Edited by Joc
  • Like 1

Country is Brazil

As Described in a Old Topic 

My Mom Tried To Buy Tamagotchi (She Was buying a P1/P2) On a Flower Shop. But The Woman said That The Tama She selled On there Was Out Of stock :( So I Made the Old Topic on it. :)

I Still Im Sorry for That Thing. It Was before ON Was Released.

I'm from New Zealand, and I have not seen a Tamagotchi in stores since. 2010-2011 maybe. It's definitely been a long time, we don't even get the anniversary minis or the G1/G2 remakes. So whenever I want to buy another Tamagotchi I just look on eBay or something

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Tamacass
      At this point for me, it's less of a tradition to keep a log than it is to start one. Half of the posts on Tamatalk are just going to be all my unfinished logs! ;A; But not this time, my dear readers. For I have dug out a Tamagotchi version that is very special to me, and with... a lot of hesitation, actually, have started it up for the first time in what feels like forever!
      As the title may give away, I am running (and logging!) my pink iD L! Back when I first joined Tamatalk, these were very popular, and also everywhere unlike the listings you see today. I got both my iD Ls - the aforementioned pink version and my now-rare Princess Spacey ver - back in 2013 for less than $100 each, and I'm glad I did because nowadays, oh boy do you have to sell your own soul to get your hands on one mint in box.
      Of course, this comes with its own issues - being that I've had these for seven years now, they've accumulated a ton of scratches, which is where most of my hesitation comes from. For those who aren't in the know, colour Tamagotchis - particularly their screens - are highly prone to scratches if you're not careful, and they can show up real easily on the screen as these annoying rainbow-like textures. My 4U and m!xs have managed to stay safe, luckily, but my iD Ls and my precious little P's have not had the same luck nor fortune. And don't even get me started on their front faceplates - I'd be able to actually afford a mint iD L with the amount of scratches they have.
      However, it is all cosmetic in the end. And it's not like I'm ever getting a new iD L unless I risk it for a used version, so I may as well take you all down with me. I've got a Pac-Man Anniversary Mini/Nano in the mail right now as we speak, so with a little patience I'll hopefully be able to log it soon!  Let's begin!
      ~*~*~*~*~*~
      iD L
      I put some new batteries in a few days ago, and was welcomed by a little Kingyobotchi! For those not in the know, they are the best-care female toddler character on the iD L. I also discovered that my iD L was on its 3rd generation last time I played it - I had previously raised a Kikitchi and an Agetchi, respectively, both of which are bad-care adult characters.
      Determined to take good care of my next Tamagotchi, I proceeded to get the next highest-care teenager, Painaputchi - and didn't look at a growth chart, which is extremely rare for me! I ended up raising an adorable little Chamametchi:

I forgot how photogenic the iD L was. You can't even see any of the scratches on it's screen!
      (While writing this, I realized I hadn't given Chamametchi a name yet! I searched up the nearest random name generator, and blessed her with the title of London.)
      While Chamametchi isn't the... highest care character out there, she's still very cute (and not a teen, strangely). I decided to go for her Tamatomo Stamps - for those who don't have an iD L, every adult 'gotchi has three special likes that cause them to do a cute little animation + give you what's dubbed a Tamatomo Stamp. You earn the last Tamatomo stamp by having your adult-stage Tamagotchi for 72 hours (or, at least 5 years old, if I recall correctly). You can earn any Tamatomo Stamp in any order, and they're a fun little incentive to spend more time with your tama! Plus, it also gets them stamped in the memory book (which is how I discovered the previous tamas I raised), as well as a bonus cutscene when they get married. 
      Anyway, I decided to go for London's Tamatomo Stamps straight away! We decided to head to the park, as the market was currently being held:

It's Kuchipatchi's mum! What she's doing here, I have no idea.
      Items at the market are usually marked down by 30%, so I wanted to get a good deal. I accidentally ended up leaving by way of the C button with London in tow.

It was raining outside when I took this photo! Who knew Tamagotchi Planet had the same weather cycles... and timezone... wait a second.
      We decided to visit again later - for now, it was off to the TamaDepa to get something I thought London would like. The hunt for her Tamatomo stamps was on! I rarely search for these without consulting a guide, so there was an exciting factor to our adventure.
      I quickly swept into the accessories aisle, and bought London a pair of cat ears! It was time for the moment of truth...

...I mean, she's still happy at least?
      Unfortunately, it was not meant to be. If your Tamagotchi's latest item/accessory/food is Tamatomo-worthy, they'd usually start jumping high in the air with hearts everywhere! But London was quite mellow. She still defied gravity in her celebration, though.
      I didn't want to stop there, however - maybe an outfit was what London was looking for! We went back to the market again, as outfits can be super expensive:

It's Makiko's mum! ...I just remembered that Makiko's name doesn't end in 'tchi'.
      I was running low on money, so we sold off the Tamamori Tree item I got out of the toy seed I planted in London's backyard yesterday. Don't ask.
      Anyway, we had enough money to buy London a lovely red kimono:

I forgot how fun it was to dress up your tamas on the iD L...
      And thus the moment of truth began once again!

Guess what happened next.
      ...And yet it also was not meant to be! Not only had I spent a ton of gotchi points on two outfits that weren't Tamatomo-worthy, now London looked like a weird anime character. She didn't seem to mind though.

One last photo before the post gets too big...
      I decided to stop our Tamatomo hunting there for now. I took London to the different locations in the food menu, but none of the meals and snacks there seemed to activate a Tamatomo Stamp... not even the sweetest treats around! ...That, and it ended with me accidentally discovering Chamametchi's least favorite food. By then my pockets were totally empty. I'm sure I'm missing something here... maybe I should be more open to London's tastes and stop assuming that all she likes is pink stuff just by the colour of her ears? The irony is real.
      Next post: more stamp hunting! Meeting a Tama-pet at the park enough times to create a bond with them and take them home... I missed those guys on the 4U and m!x, they were useless but I loved them anyway! 
    • By Tacoburritotchi
      Hey guys!
      I've been thinking of getting a tama for a long time now, and one time I just felt like getting a knockoff. Just to see how vpets are like.
      But, speculations..
      I mean, why not just get a real one? They're much better than the knockoffs anyway!
      Can you guys please help me?
      Thanks~
    • By Twilightgotchi
      I should've started this log earlier, but whatever... But at least I have a name for it now! 
      Seeing as I'm still figuring this log out, the format might switch between a normal log and a roleplay sort of log (the tama and me talking to eachother).
      Anyways, I'm on my 23rd gen of tamas now. But meet our current tama, Jazz! 

Nothing much happened, mostly because Jazz is a little baby and you can't really do much with them.
      Jazz: Hey!
      That's not really an insult. Plus, your only a baby for, like, an hour. 
      Jazz: I guess.. But.. That doesn't mean I have to like it!
      I guess not. 
      Jazz ate a lot, and would occasionally play with his bear. Which makes me wonder, where does the toy bear go once your tama becomes a child? You can't see it in the items, but what happens to it?
      Jazz: What?
      Nothing!
      For a while, Jazz watched YouTube with me and hopped around his room until he was tired and took a lil nap.

• By Tacoburritotchi
      ( DISCLAIMER: This story is entirely fictional.)
      Once upon a time, in the year 2045... 
      Tamagotchis were starting to get boring in the world, and Bandai was starting to get desperate. They had to create a new Tamagotchi. One that would get everyone into the craze again.
      So, they created the UltraTama.
      A Tamagotchi that had all  of the previous Tamagotchi model features in one.
      When they released it, it was a megahit. People absolutely loved them.
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      There was a girl named Hana who was enjoying her new UltraTama very much. She brought it everywhere, and had fun connecting her device with other people's UltraTamas.
      ( To be continued!~)
    • By IgglyBuff
      Hello hello! I've been lurking on here for forever, but after receiving my wonder garden on, I decided to finally make a log of my own!

After doing a few resets to get the gym on my Magic on, I got this cute little boy! While you can't name your tama on the 1st generation, I've given this little guy the oh-so-creative name of Squishy.

Look how cute he is when he sleeps!!! 🥰

Then he evolved into clubutchi!

And then he just started playing a little concert, it was cute.

Also I got him a pet! I'm usually really forgetful about getting my tamas pets, but this time I really wanna play around with it if I can.

• By Penguin-keeper
      I had originally felt burned by the Tamagotchi Meets when I first imported it, and I put it aside in irritation without going beyond the first generation. Recently, after enjoying so many Tamagotchi Meets/On logs around here, I felt that it was worth giving it another chance, so I grabbed some good batteries and started over, and soon grew to enjoy the device for what it is. The colour Tamagotchis represent a separate evolutionary line - their structure and gameplay are clearly descended from the Tamagotchi Game Boy game from 1997 - and I find that it helps to keep this in mind. That said, I still prefer the simpler Tamagotchis like the vintage devices and their re-releases, and the more recent Mini and Nano-based releases, as they're less time-consuming.
      So here I am, starting a new log. I have previously found standard logging to be too time-consuming, so my focus here will be pictures of the parents and of their fully-grown offspring. For now, I'll be running my pink Fairy Version Meets, but I'm keeping an eye out to see if any more versions are localised, as I would like to support the English-language On releases, too. I have no interest in using the mobile app, so that won't be featured here, and I'll be skipping the baby, toddler, and teen stages, as I'm most interested in the final results of each pairing. I may also include pictures of new additions to my collection every now and then, such as the upcoming Pac-Man 40th Anniversary Tamagotchi, but I most likely won't be logging those.
      So, without further ado, here's why this log is titled as it is: My first generation Tamagotchi was a male Gozarutchi. I changed his colour to pale yellow by feeding him five lemon pies at the restaurant, and shortly after that I had him marry Lovelitchi. They made a very cute couple!
      I'm actually not the biggest fan of Lovelitchi (I find her to be a bit on the generic-cutesy side), but it was obvious that the two's offspring would grow up to look adorable, and sure enough, they did;

Here's a picture showing Gozarutchi and Lovelitchi, along with their twin daughters, Lemonitchi and Pietchi - so named because of how recent Gozarutchi's dessert-induced colour-change had been at the time. They both turned out exactly how I expected them to, which was fun. They also both inherited their father's pale yellow colour, even though, at birth, Lemonitchi was yellow and Pietchi was white. The only difference between them as adults is that Lemonitchi's bag is white, and Pietchi's is yellow.
      I'm planning to have Lemonitchi marry Kikitchi sometime tomorrow, so my next update will be once the next generation is fully grown. See you then!