Pacman Tamagotchi Death?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CookieNomie

Reaction score
So I recently got the pacman tamagotchi, didnt realize it was a tamagotchi nano since its been a while since ive ever touched another tamagotchi ever since i was a kid, but i dont mind.

The only thing thats got me confused is the "death" of my tamagotchi much? the pacman tamagotchi death only explains, death, departure, and running away. When i checked my tamagotchi, it seemed as if it was completely normal, however i wasnt looking much at the screen tbh and just pressed the A button. But after i pressed the A button, it made me reset to the time screen to put in the time again to hatch a new egg? I dont know what happened?

Doesn't it reset when you press A and the C button? Is there more "deaths" to a tamagotchi that i didnt know of? I did leave it for a few hours, so im guessing my neglect killed it, but what im confused is that it doesnt match up to the deaths mentioned in the wiki.. cause it didnt have a gravestone as far as i saw, didnt have gusts of wind, and the one idling on the screen was my tamagotchi instead of pacman? what happened?

This has happened twice in a row, but the first time i only saw the time screen, so i mustve clicked a button somehow while i was walking around. 

I cant find anything on this since it seems the pacman tamagotchi is fairly new..

If anything happens to my third tamagotchi and i find more new information, ill update this. i just want to know what happened to my tamagotchi..

Yeah, this definitely doesn't sound normal! I'm quite fond of this version (though it's recent it's quickly become one of my all-time favourites), and it's definitely not supposed to do that.

Your description sounds like there's something faulty or loose that's causing unwanted resets - it might be worth taking it up with the retailer that you purchased it from.

So just an update on this, after it reset yet another time, I decided to open it up to check the batteries to see if anythings loose. The batteries seems dependent on how tightened the back panel is since it can't stay in place without it, and when it does get loose, it resets. So i tightened up the back panel and i'm gonna hope for the best for this tamagotchi.

So just an update on this, after it reset yet another time, I decided to open it up to check the batteries to see if anythings loose. The batteries seems dependent on how tightened the back panel is since it can't stay in place without it, and when it does get loose, it resets. So i tightened up the back panel and i'm gonna hope for the best for this tamagotchi.
Good call! That tends to be the case with tamas that use LR44 batteries. Unlike the CR2032 there is no little tab to snap the battery in place. For my Osu/Mesu pair it's definitely important to have the back panel tightened up so I imagine it would apply to yours as well!

Good call! That tends to be the case with tamas that use LR44 batteries. Unlike the CR2032 there is no little tab to snap the battery in place. For my Osu/Mesu pair it's definitely important to have the back panel tightened up so I imagine it would apply to yours as well!
Thank you ^^!! So far going good, but I just wanna see if it can live its full life before saying anything more haha

My Pac-Man ✖️ Tamagotchi had an issue that might be related to this. More than a week before the (factory) battery actually ran out, the low battery screen started sporadically appearing for a few seconds before disappearing again. Later these seconds turned to minutes and it started appearing so frequently it became impossible to chase the ghosts away because the low battery screen kept interrupting (the game only registers you did it after the entire animation is finished).

Has this happened to anyone else? I got expensive new SR44 batteries but haven't used them yet. Will this not happen again if I make sure the back cover is properly tightened up?

At least don't make the low battery screen so soulless if you're gonna show it to me that often! What did Kandentchi do to deserve this?!

Last edited by a moderator:
My Pac-Man ✖️ Tamagotchi had an issue that might be related to this. More than a week before the (factory) battery actually ran out, the low battery screen started sporadically appearing for a few seconds before disappearing again. Later these seconds turned to minutes and it started appearing so frequently it became impossible to chase the ghosts away because the low battery screen kept interrupting (the game only registers you did it after the entire animation is finished).

Has this happened to anyone else? I got expensive new SR44 batteries but haven't used them yet. Will this not happen again if I make sure the back cover is properly tightened up?
The part with the ghosts becoming impossible to chase away happened to me when I ran down the included batteries in mine.

I haven't yet exhausted a set of fresh good-brand batteries in it, but I'm going to hazard a guess that what happened here is down to the way the voltage of cheaper batteries (which are often used as factory-installed "demo" batteries in products like this) drops off, as opposed to it being an actual issue with the hardware.

Thank you ^^!! So far going good, but I just wanna see if it can live its full life before saying anything more haha
My tamagotchi has actually left, without being reset, and it has lasted WAYY longer than the times when it reset, so Im gonna say that tightening the back panel was a success!!

At least don't make the low battery screen so soulless if you're gonna show it to me that often! What did Kandentchi do to deserve this?!
Wuh oh, this seems like an entirely different problem than what im experiencing.. I have not had a low battery screen that made it impossible to chase away the ghosts.. but it cant hurt to try to tighten up the back panel of your tamagotchi like i did if it seems like the battery didnt last more a month? im still going on the same factory battery for my current tamagotchi nano and havent gotten a problem like that

My tamagotchi has actually left, without being reset, and it has lasted WAYY longer than the times when it reset, so Im gonna say that tightening the back panel was a success!!
Glad to hear it! :D

This sounds like the same resetting problem that @DraconicDetective described in another thread recently, so I'm glad that there's now a known solution here in this thread. :)

This sounds like the same resetting problem that @DraconicDetective described in another thread recently, so I'm glad that there's now a known solution here in this thread. :)
yes!! when i opened up my pacman i couldnt get the panels off because my screwdrivers werent the right size but i put it back on and it hasnt reset yet?? so it's been working really well since i messed w it!!

Latest posts

Back