So I recently got the pacman tamagotchi, didnt realize it was a tamagotchi nano since its been a while since ive ever touched another tamagotchi ever since i was a kid, but i dont mind.

The only thing thats got me confused is the "death" of my tamagotchi much? the pacman tamagotchi death only explains, death, departure, and running away. When i checked my tamagotchi, it seemed as if it was completely normal, however i wasnt looking much at the screen tbh and just pressed the A button. But after i pressed the A button, it made me reset to the time screen to put in the time again to hatch a new egg? I dont know what happened?

Doesn't it reset when you press A and the C button? Is there more "deaths" to a tamagotchi that i didnt know of? I did leave it for a few hours, so im guessing my neglect killed it, but what im confused is that it doesnt match up to the deaths mentioned in the wiki.. cause it didnt have a gravestone as far as i saw, didnt have gusts of wind, and the one idling on the screen was my tamagotchi instead of pacman? what happened?

This has happened twice in a row, but the first time i only saw the time screen, so i mustve clicked a button somehow while i was walking around. 

I cant find anything on this since it seems the pacman tamagotchi is fairly new..

If anything happens to my third tamagotchi and i find more new information, ill update this. i just want to know what happened to my tamagotchi..

That does sound strange - I've never had a tamagotchi reset with a click of a single button. And you're right, it should be A and C that brings a new egg after death/departure/running away. 
I hope you solve this mystery soon!

• Like 4

Hrm, i see, yikes. Thanks for your answer though! I'll definitely be looking into this a little more ^^

• Like 1

Yeah, this definitely doesn't sound normal! I'm quite fond of this version (though it's recent it's quickly become one of my all-time favourites), and it's definitely not supposed to do that.

Your description sounds like there's something faulty or loose that's causing unwanted resets - it might be worth taking it up with the retailer that you purchased it from.

• Like 4

Oh ok! Yeah, that sounds like that might be the case.. I'll talk to them about it, thank you ^^!!

• Like 2

So just an update on this, after it reset yet another time, I decided to open it up to check the batteries to see if anythings loose. The batteries seems dependent on how tightened the back panel is since it can't stay in place without it, and when it does get loose, it resets. So i tightened up the back panel and i'm gonna hope for the best for this tamagotchi.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, CookieNomie said:

So just an update on this, after it reset yet another time, I decided to open it up to check the batteries to see if anythings loose. The batteries seems dependent on how tightened the back panel is since it can't stay in place without it, and when it does get loose, it resets. So i tightened up the back panel and i'm gonna hope for the best for this tamagotchi.

Good call! That tends to be the case with tamas that use LR44 batteries. Unlike the CR2032 there is no little tab to snap the battery in place. For my Osu/Mesu pair it's definitely important to have the back panel tightened up so I imagine it would apply to yours as well!

• Like 4

On 7/23/2020 at 12:43 AM, Decotchi said:

Good call! That tends to be the case with tamas that use LR44 batteries. Unlike the CR2032 there is no little tab to snap the battery in place. For my Osu/Mesu pair it's definitely important to have the back panel tightened up so I imagine it would apply to yours as well!

Thank you ^^!! So far going good, but I just wanna see if it can live its full life before saying anything more haha

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

My Pac-Man ✖️ Tamagotchi had an issue that might be related to this. More than a week before the (factory) battery actually ran out, the low battery screen started sporadically appearing for a few seconds before disappearing again. Later these seconds turned to minutes and it started appearing so frequently it became impossible to chase the ghosts away because the low battery screen kept interrupting (the game only registers you did it after the entire animation is finished).

Has this happened to anyone else? I got expensive new SR44 batteries but haven't used them yet. Will this not happen again if I make sure the back cover is properly tightened up?

At least don't make the low battery screen so soulless if you're gonna show it to me that often! What did Kandentchi do to deserve this?!

Edited by Joc
  • Like 3

Yeah.. sometimes the vintage/Nano low battery screens make me cringe.

I'd definitely prefer Kandentchi, then that wouldn't be as soulless as that. 

It would actually be quite cute!

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
On 7/30/2020 at 9:59 AM, Joc said:

My Pac-Man ✖️ Tamagotchi had an issue that might be related to this. More than a week before the (factory) battery actually ran out, the low battery screen started sporadically appearing for a few seconds before disappearing again. Later these seconds turned to minutes and it started appearing so frequently it became impossible to chase the ghosts away because the low battery screen kept interrupting (the game only registers you did it after the entire animation is finished).

Has this happened to anyone else? I got expensive new SR44 batteries but haven't used them yet. Will this not happen again if I make sure the back cover is properly tightened up?

The part with the ghosts becoming impossible to chase away happened to me when I ran down the included batteries in mine.

I haven't yet exhausted a set of fresh good-brand batteries in it, but I'm going to hazard a guess that what happened here is down to the way the voltage of cheaper batteries (which are often used as factory-installed "demo" batteries in products like this) drops off, as opposed to it being an actual issue with the hardware.

Edited by Penguin-keeper
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
On 7/25/2020 at 6:46 PM, CookieNomie said:

Thank you ^^!! So far going good, but I just wanna see if it can live its full life before saying anything more haha

My tamagotchi has actually left, without being reset, and it has lasted WAYY longer than the times when it reset, so Im gonna say that tightening the back panel was a success!!

On 7/30/2020 at 9:59 AM, Joc said:

At least don't make the low battery screen so soulless if you're gonna show it to me that often! What did Kandentchi do to deserve this?!

Wuh oh, this seems like an entirely different problem than what im experiencing.. I have not had a low battery screen that made it impossible to chase away the ghosts.. but it cant hurt to try to tighten up the back panel of your tamagotchi like i did if it seems like the battery didnt last more a month? im still going on the same factory battery for my current tamagotchi nano and havent gotten a problem like that

Edited by Penguin-keeper
Merged multi-posting.
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, CookieNomie said:

My tamagotchi has actually left, without being reset, and it has lasted WAYY longer than the times when it reset, so Im gonna say that tightening the back panel was a success!!

Glad to hear it! :D

This sounds like the same resetting problem that @DraconicDetective described in another thread recently, so I'm glad that there's now a known solution here in this thread. :)

Edited by Penguin-keeper
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

17 hours ago, Penguin-keeper said:

This sounds like the same resetting problem that @DraconicDetective described in another thread recently, so I'm glad that there's now a known solution here in this thread. :)

yes!! when i opened up my pacman i couldnt get the panels off because my screwdrivers werent the right size but i put it back on and it hasnt reset yet?? so it's been working really well since i messed w it!!

• Like 3

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By BoredRabbit
      Hi there! I'm BoredRabbit who has a passion on character design on Twitter and DeviantArt. Now I was introduced to Tamagotchi in the early 2010s by my cousins. I know it's a virtual pet toy, but I did knew there was an anime when I was on the internet watching videos on YouTube. But yes, I'm one of the few who doesn't own a Tamagotchi, but was introduced to the franchise since the early 2010s.
      But I have some Tamagotchi Crossovers if anyone is interested. 
      Let's start with Mario & Luigi: Future Dream Town

Mario & Luigi: Future DreamTown was another of my Mario & Luigi Box Art Crossovers where I wanted to gimmick the Mario & Luigi box art like where Nintendo and AlphaDream would unexpectedly announce a new Mario & Luigi game but with crossovers with partners. 
      My pitch was to have Nintendo and Bandai Namco collaborate to bring recognition to the Tamagotchi franchise starting the Mario & Luigi RPG series to break down 4 buttons or pull the Partners in Time concept. 
      For Story: The Mario Bros. has face new faces in their world and now they've jumped into the Tamagotchi universe. The twist is that Mario & Luigi went into DreamTown but in the Future. Clulutchi and Miraitchi were flying around and discovers the Mario Bros running around knowing what this place is. Together, the Pocket Designer Twins and the Mario Bros team up to fend off foes of Robots and Bowser's Minions who are plotting to takeover Tamagotchi Planet (plot twist: It's Spacytchi and Bowser Jr. plotting this).
      Oh, but here's Mametchi and Ludwig rivaling with:

Toad + Tamagotchi Friends: Bowser Jr. was looking for Mario & Luigi until he steps into a portal which leads to TamaTown. He found Spacytchi and his brothers as Spacytchi plots to takeover Tamagotchi Planet. Toad follows Bowser Jr. but he encounters Mametchi and Kutchipatchi, which results the trio to find Bowser Jr.
      It's a side-story staring Toad which hasn't been a playable character in Mario RPGs before. Instead of the typical Bowser's Minions/Bowser Jr's Journey, I wanted this side story to be like Paper Jam but having the ability to change characters and give Toad a main roll with Mametchi and Kutchipatchi.
      With that, this topic is gonna be long so here's another Crossover I wanted to see ever since:

The description I put together on DeviantArt:
      "Sackboy and friends enters a completely different world filled with a different cast of characters that are said to be called Tamagotchi. It’s up to to the Heroes to enter Tamagotchi Planet to stop Spacytchi’s plans to takeover the entire planet."
      This is another crossover concept when LBP had DLC crossovers like Muppets and Spongebob (oh and I'm not forgetting Marvel and DC Comics.) LBP is a charming game and I get nostalgic on LBP alot when I see Sackboy in my timeline. Heck, DLC costumes maybe interesting when sometimes a DLC level can be packaged with massive content LBP had back then.
      Here's my pitch for this LBP x Tamagotchi DLC concpet:
      11 costumes for Sackboy & Friends (DLC Costume Pack) Sackboy: Mametchi, Spacytchi Sackgirl: Memetchi, Lovelitchi, Himespetchi  Oddsock: Pochtchi  Swoop: Hinatchi Small Toggle: Kutchipaitchi, Pipospetchi, Akaspetchi Big Toggle: Gotchi King The DLC Level Kit pitch:
      TamaTown being the hub world to explore (like MangleWood and Bunkum Lagoon.) The Level kit tells a story of Sackboy and Friends going in the Tamagotchi universe. Levels contains 10 levels regarding the story (+6 challenge levels + 4 racing levels) Can contain costume exclusives in specific levels (Clulutchi, Miraitchi, Kuromametchi, Gozarutchi, Masktchi, etc.) Over 250 stickers and 100 decorations based on the Tamagotchi franchise.) Over 200 materials and 150 objects) Gives Sackboy a brand new Power Up that has the ability to break through walls. I've been knowing LBP in my life and every time I see Sackboy, he gives me flashbacks playing all the LBP series (and yes I have all 3 games + PS Vita), so here's some Tamagotchi + LBP crossovers:

Now for the last crossover which some of you may or may not be familiar with but...

I'm a COD Zombies geek and yes, I know what the Aether story and placyed the COD just for the Zombies mode, is but it's confusing to know the storyline when there's too much in the multiverse. Anyways we have Mametchi and friends dress up as the Tranzit crew (aka Victis crew). I know Victis are the weakest crew in-terms of Characters, but my thoughts: they're just survivors trying to fight undead freaks when the rockets nuked earth in the Ultimis Timeline.
      Now it's time for the Tamagotchi fathers as Primis Crew:

So here are the Tamagotchi fathers except Ikaritchi (as he's not Kutchipatchi's father but his beard and stash caught my attention to fit the Primis Nikolai role), I'd thought it'd be funny to see them star a role by cosplaying as Primis.
      And here's the last one which may contain spoilers for those wondering how Treyarch ended Aether as it's been going for 11 years (however, I suggest if you didn't seen the ending of Aether, be warn! But if some don't mind or seen it, okay):

This was where I wanted to redraw the Tag der Toten scene, where Victis gets banished in the Dark Aether. I put the Tamagotchi characters there just to redraw this and it almost took 6 hours to complete. But holy shoot, this one was sad considering that Primis and Ultimis had to erase themselves in-order to break the cycle, resulting Samantha and Eddie being the only two to go on this one sigular universe with no Zombies, no 115, and no Apothicons. The only thing that makes sad redrawing this is Victis treated like puns. It's a shame that they got banished, which caught my interest redrawing this scene.
      I've wanted to post this and yes I'm joined this site just today. So hopefully I read your replies on your thoughts on these crossovers. I'd been posting positive and wholesome art  just to make people happy as 2020 was getting rough. So stay stay everyone!

• By SpagheTea
      Hey
      I was wondering if anyone knows where I could buy a DVD copy of Tamagotchi: The Movie online in Canada. The only place I can find it is on the Australian version of eBay.
      Thanks 
    • By Penguin-keeper
      Back in the 1990s, I collected LCD game-watches and character-themed digital watches, and I always dreamed of buying a watch-format Tamagotchi to go with them. Though other competing brands offered watch virtual pets, Bandai did not - they only licensed out the Tamagotchi livery for use on themed versions of standard analogue and digital watches. So, 23 years later, I've decided to make my own;

Presenting the "Tamawatchi"!
      Though the name "Tamawatchi" was officially used for a line of Tamagotchi-themed non-virtual pet watches in, I believe, the Connection era, back in 1997 I always imagined it as the name that they would use for a watch version of the iconic virtual pet.
      Since this was based on an imagined product from my childhood, I specifically wanted a very 1990s look for this project, so that it would fit in with the watches that I have from that era. So, I purchased the newly-released bright-green Neon Tamagotchi Original Gen 1 and a dark-green fabric watch-strap on Amazon UK, since the two combined gave me exactly the look that I wanted.

As with my "Tamagotchi Pinny" custom project, I attached brooch-bars to the back of the device using Gorilla Super Glue. Since I've got past experience now, the back of this one looks a lot tidier - not that it matters too much, since it won't be seen when it's in use. I used three brooch-bars so as to evenly distribute the weight of the device when it's attached to its strap (two are on the battery-door, and one is at the top of the device itself), although unlike the Tamagotchi Pinny, the Tamawatchi is a bit too heavy to wear as a pin. Also, unfortunately, for this project, I had to remove the iconic ball-chain, because on a watch it would just get in the way!
      There are better ways of making a Tamagotchi into a watch, but since I handle my things carefully, this quick-and-easy method will hold up just fine for my use-case.

Here's the Tamawatchi with a 1990s Tamagotchi Fantasy Dome bubble-watch. The Tamawatchi doesn't look especially out-of-place, which I'm happy about.
      If Bandai ever makes an official watch-format Tamagotchi, I'll be right there pre-ordering one at the earliest opportunity, but for now, at least I finally have some semblance of the "Tamawatchi" that I always wanted to own.
    • By GlennMorales
      I couldn't find a solution to this problem so i hope to find it here.
      When i had 4 gen i wanted to view family history but i couldn't i thought that i maybe need higher generation to view it.
      But now im on 7 gen and it's still unavailable...
      I remember that when I played this tamagotchi last year i had another family and i could view family history on 4 gen.
      Help me please!!

• By Noxumbra
      I really love the way my Tama evolved! It inspired me to draw a piece with them and their dog(?), Frost.
    • By Timogotchi19
      Initially, nothing existed, nothing but microscopic atoms the size rivaling that of ants and pieces of rice, but in a matter of moments, our Lord brought everything we know into existence. Delving into the universe, the various galaxies, our galaxy, the Milky Way, is a beautiful blue and green planet that we call home; Earth.
      Earth is a beautiful, luscious planet, unlike any of its eight fellow planets. It has thirst-quenching water, gorgeous scenery, and most importantly, the presence of life. Life began with a bunch of animals, a man named Adam, and a woman named Eve, and as the centuries and millenniums kept going, regardless of their differing events, all moments of history have one thing in common; life slowly but surely grew swifter, stronger, and most prominently, smarter, and and all associated capabilities of speed, strength, and knowledge lie within a special element of our bodies called the brain.
      The brain is a sacred treasure guarded by the thick layers of our skulls. It processes every sight our eyes visualize, every scent our noses get lured to, everything our hands feel, every sound our ears hear, and every bite of food our mouths and taste buds consume, and above all this can provide the answers to some of life's biggest questions. Where do babies come from? What's the highest SAT/ACT score? Will we get a spouse or be single until death? Will we succeed in getting our dream job?
      But later today, at any time, Bandai America is going to answer life's most frequently-asked question, a question that was passed from vocal cord to vocal cord generation after generation, a question that not even the lord himself knows the answer to, a question that humanity has been plaguing since the beginning of time as we know it.

WHEN WILL THE TAMAGOTCHI ANIME EVER GET AN ENGLISH DUB?!