V5 Guts Look Unusual?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Decotchi

Reaction score
So my Argos V5 just arrived in the mail, and when I took off the backing to insert the battery I noticed that the guts are blue and white. I'm used to the normal green color that the rest of my tamas have, so I wanted to make sure that this wasn't something iffy before I left a review on eBay.

IMG-5268.jpg

When the battery is insert the gameplay itself seems fine, I even hit Download and you can see here that the three toddlers are the usual. The distortion is just because they were jumping around on the screen when I was taking the photo:

IMG-5269.jpg

The background is a bit distracting, especially when it overlaps with the font but I remember that being the case with my old V5.

I don't have another V5 to compare it to so any insight is appreciated!

I'm no expert on Connection-era models by any means, but blue PCBs (Printed Circuit Boards - what makes up the innards of a device like this) are a real thing even though green ones are more common (as an aside, there are also red ones, too), and there's no reason that I know of that a company like Bandai wouldn't use them.

This V5 looks gorgeous, by the way - having seen your other thread about it, I'm really glad to see that you got it ok! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm no expert on Connection-era models by any means, but blue PCBs (Printed Circuit Boards - what makes up the innards of a device like this) are a real thing even though green ones are more common (as an aside, there are also red ones, too), and there's no reason that I know of that a company like Bandai wouldn't use them.

This V5 looks gorgeous, by the way - having seen your other thread about it, I'm really glad to see that you got it ok! :)
Good to know! I saw someone in the Tamagotchi Collectors Facebook group that just received the same one today, so I asked her if hers looked the same, just in case, since I'm a worrywart  <_< But since the gameplay seems fine I guess there's really no reason to worry.

Thank you, I love it! It's even prettier in person  ^_^

UPDATE: It is normal! The owner of the same V5 sent me photos to confirm that the circuit board is blue and white  :chohimetchi:

What are "Guts" by the way?

I've seen the words on vintage Tama packaging: GUTS! BY TMGC
In this case, "guts" is just being used as a synonym for "innards".

In the case of the Tamagotchis that have things like "GUTS!" written on them, or which have "guts points", that's a reference to this guy, who's basically an icon of showing that one is gutsy (i.e., that you've "got guts", as in, you have courage in the face of adversity). You can learn more about that here. :)

A few of the connections I own have blue backings! It could be region-specific, or maybe just what was available on the manufacturing line? A lot of my connections also have white backs where the battery is inserted - as I've gotten connections from varying locations (and currently don't have access to them right now ;w;), I can't remember them exactly. I'll see if I can open a few up and compare!

EDIT: I just noticed you already have an answer oops!! XD I'm genuinely interested now though, both my V5s are Australian/Oceania models so I'll have to check them out when I can.

The blue PCBs might look better in transparent shells so maybe it's a design choice?

A few of the connections I own have blue backings! It could be region-specific, or maybe just what was available on the manufacturing line? A lot of my connections also have white backs where the battery is inserted - as I've gotten connections from varying locations (and currently don't have access to them right now ;w;), I can't remember them exactly. I'll see if I can open a few up and compare!

EDIT: I just noticed you already have an answer oops!! XD I'm genuinely interested now though, both my V5s are Australian/Oceania models so I'll have to check them out when I can.
Just checked my oceania V3 has a green PCB, but my oceania V4 has a blue PCB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back