What's your holy grail tama?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Decotchi

Reaction score
Which tama version do you daydream about finding? At the moment, mine is this plumeria V4:

Capture-decran-2020-07-07-a-21-54-59.png

My parents gifted it to me when I was a kid, and I'd love to find it again as part of my collection rebuild. Sadly it seems like everyone else has the same idea!

I also really like this V4.5
Capture-decran-2020-07-07-a-21-59-13.png

I've noticed the most sought-after tamas at the moment (based on Facebook groups, etc.) tend to be the V2-V4 that many of us grew up with.

What's your holy grail tama?

EDIT: Any non-Bandai virtual pets are welcome in this thread as well! So what's your holy grail virtual pet?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ooh, what an excellent thread! :)

I don't have a holy grail Tamagotchi right now, but I was recently able to purchase one, which is now on its way to me.

YAg0H91.jpg

That one is the Doraemontchi, a 1998 licensed Tamagotchi which is based on the long-running manga and anime series, Doraemon. It's one of those versions where you need to be a fan of the source-material to get the best out of it, and I've been wanting to pick one up for a while - I can't wait until it arrives. :D

Ooh, what an excellent thread! :)

I don't have a holy grail Tamagotchi right now, but I was recently able to purchase one, which is now on its way to me.

YAg0H91.jpg

That one is the Doraemontchi, a 1998 licensed Tamagotchi which is based on the long-running manga and anime series, Doraemon. It's one of those versions where you need to be a fan of the source-material to get the best out of it, and I've been wanting to pick one up for a while - I can't wait until it arrives. :D
Ooh that's so cute! I do know a bit about Doraemon - believe it or not I actually took an entire course on manga as part of my English degree and we focused on Doraemon for a few weeks haha  :lol:

Super excited for you to be united with your holy grail at last!

Umino. An Ocean would be even better, but I’ll be realistic, lol. But even those are getting expensive. 

An overall goal would be having one of each vintage. As I now have one for each American connection and one of each colour model. (My old goals)
Ooh good ones! I really would like an Ocean + Umino as well. I had an Umino in my old collection so I'm on the hunt to replace it. But you're right, Oceans are getting really pricey. 

Wow your collection sounds like the dream! I'm aiming to get there myself some day. What are your thoughts on the TamaOtch? I've always taken it for granted as a necessary addition to any vintage collection, but I've never experienced it myself and don't know too many people who have.

Ooh that's so cute! I do know a bit about Doraemon - believe it or not I actually took an entire course on manga as part of my English degree and we focused on Doraemon for a few weeks haha  :lol:

Super excited for you to be united with your holy grail at last!

Ooh good ones! I really would like an Ocean + Umino as well. I had an Umino in my old collection so I'm on the hunt to replace it. But you're right, Oceans are getting really pricey. 

Wow your collection sounds like the dream! I'm aiming to get there myself some day. What are your thoughts on the TamaOtch? I've always taken it for granted as a necessary addition to any vintage collection, but I've never experienced it myself and don't know too many people who have.
I dont have on yet, I heard they’re annoying though. Currently I have a P1, 2 Angelgotch, 1 angel gotchi, and the morino and mothra.

I dont have on yet, I heard they’re annoying though.
I'm intrigued! Whenever someone says a tama is annoying/needy I hear a challenge  :lol:

I'm mainly attracted to the shell design, and just the idea of completing a vintage collection.

Currently I have a P1, 2 Angelgotch, 1 angel gotchi, and the morino and mothra.
Nice! The English Angel is so elusive

I'm intrigued! Whenever someone says a tama is annoying/needy I hear a challenge  :lol:

I'm mainly attracted to the shell design, and just the idea of completing a vintage collection.

Nice! The English Angel is so elusive
It is! I think it's American cause it comes in the cardboard box, bot the plastic.

Hm, after seeing everyone's answers I think I might have to change mine  :lol:  While the V4 and V4.5 are definitely on my wish-list, I think my ultimate holy grail tama is either a Devilgotchi or a Santaclautchi. I'm not picky when it comes to shell color, though I really do like the black and white shells, respectively.

I've wanted these two ever since I first read about them on an old Geocities tama site (and since Geocities is dead now, you can tell how long ago that was!)

I used to really want the special golden tamagotchis (V3 in particular) but I think there are other shells more worth pursuing, so my desire for the golden tama has dwindled.

Definitely! I'll edit the original post for the reference of anyone else who wants to add some non-Bandai favorites  ^_^
Awesome!

Well then, for me, this other non-Bandai grail isn't even out yet- it's the GigaPetsAR Penguin, which was teased a couple of years ago, but which still hasn't been made or released. I'm really hoping that this one sees completion, because one of my collecting goals when I restarted my collection was to get all of the known dedicated penguin virtual pets (all four of them :p ), and now that I have those I'd certainly like to add another one to that number. :)

Awesome!

Well then, for me, this other non-Bandai grail isn't even out yet- it's the GigaPetsAR Penguin, which was teased a couple of years ago, but which still hasn't been made or released. I'm really hoping that this one sees completion, because one of my collecting goals when I restarted my collection was to get all of the known dedicated penguin virtual pets (all four of them :p ), and now that I have those I'd certainly like to add another one to that number. :)
Ooh fingers crossed that it does get released, I hope your collection is completed soon  ^_^

ive been browsing tamashell.com today to amass a wish list of sorts, and its getting a LOT longer than i thought it would... 😅 

an excerpt from my private twitter for example
image.png

this is probably still my ULTIMATE want, though:
Edj1mARXsAET6qg

ive been browsing tamashell.com today to amass a wish list of sorts, and its getting a LOT longer than i thought it would... 😅 

an excerpt from my private twitter for example
View attachment 593

this is probably still my ULTIMATE want, though:
Edj1mARXsAET6qg
Yes, I try to avoid scrolling through there for too long otherwise it gets overwhelming  :lol:

It's also a struggle when I find out that there are shells that AREN'T listen on tamashell.com or the wiki!

That V4.5 is the dream! I recently came across a V4.5 that actually looks like a V4 (it was part of the first wave of European V4.5s). Somehow I stumbled across TWO ebay listings for the same shell that I had never seen before, so now I'm going through the usual turmoil over it. But I might pass because I feel like the star antenna is really important for the V4.5 experience - it makes it unique!

I have a pretty long wishlist:

1. A UFO tamawalkie

2. A Purple Tubes V4.5

3. A Blue Arukotchi (I really like pedometer tamas :p)

4. A Green ID L

5. An Orange Akai

6. A Melon Soda Keitai

7. A Pink Uratama

(Sorry for not providing images, I don't have enough time at the moment to publish them)

Latest posts

Back