Sign in to follow this  
Decotchi

What's your holy grail tama?

On 7/21/2020 at 2:42 PM, Penguin-keeper said:

Ooh, what an excellent thread! :)

I don't have a holy grail Tamagotchi right now, but I was recently able to purchase one, which is now on its way to me.

YAg0H91.jpg

That one is the Doraemontchi, a 1998 licensed Tamagotchi which is based on the long-running manga and anime series, Doraemon. It's one of those versions where you need to be a fan of the source-material to get the best out of it, and I've been wanting to pick one up for a while - I can't wait until it arrives. :D

OHHH THATS SO COOL!! thats literally one of my dream tamas right now, same with the dorami version. i love doraemon so much and this version is so cool, though its way out of my budget at the moment. cool that you were able to get it!! 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, PurplePyonkotchi00! said:

OHHH THATS SO COOL!! thats literally one of my dream tamas right now, same with the dorami version. i love doraemon so much and this version is so cool, though its way out of my budget at the moment. cool that you were able to get it!! 

Thankyou! :D

It just took some patience - I was able to get a loose one with some very minor scuffs to the case and a battery problem that was an easy fix (the contacts were bent down and the unit wouldn't work correctly as a result - it was a two-minute fix to bend them back upwards), and I got it for no more than any other vintage-era Tamagotchi typically goes for. (I don't care whether these things are mint-in-box or not - I use them, so I'll always lean towards loose units first.)

If you're willing to wait around for one with minor issues, you'll be able to get a good deal. There are certainly plenty of them, at any rate, so don't fall for any claims that they're rare - as well as its original late-1990s run, it got a re-release in the early 2000s as well, and they're on eBay and the like all the time.

Edited by Penguin-keeper
  • Like 3

I'm very happy with my tama family right now, so I feel a bit guilty to admit a secret wishlist. ^_^ That said, I definitely wouldn't mind having any one of these...

1. P's (Melody Land & Dream Coffret)

2. An English iD L

3. Black Devilgotchi

4. An Ocean

5. All three 10th anniv. Uratama

spacer.png

• Like 4

the 15th anni id l 

the id station

also the english vers of the id l would be a dream to have..

bandai-tamagotchi-id-15th-anniversary-version-1.jpg

%3F%3F%3FiD%3F%3F%3F%3Fde%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%2B.jpg

• Like 3

On 1/7/2021 at 12:54 PM, MelodytchiFan said:

the 15th anni id l 

the id station

also the english vers of the id l would be a dream to have..

bandai-tamagotchi-id-15th-anniversary-version-1.jpg

%3F%3F%3FiD%3F%3F%3F%3Fde%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%2B.jpg

I totally forgot about the 15th Anni. iD L! It's such a cutie. 🥰 I wish there was an English version of it out there. I'm afraid I may be too broke to justify buying an elusive English one atm, let alone a Japanese 15th Anni. Lol. Since when did these plastic kids toys become so luxe man?

• Like 1

My DREAM right now is to find a white Mr. Dino with green buttons. It was the first virtual pet I ever owned and it means so much to me, but I can’t seem to find one anywhere. As far as I know they’re not even rare or expensive! I just can’t find anyone selling one! 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, wraithrose said:

As far as I know they’re not even rare or expensive! I just can’t find anyone selling one! 

Maybe it's worth checking out listings for bundles of old virtual pets? :)

• Like 3

Can't go wrong with choosing pink or solid white Devilgotchi. I love the characters so much.

It used to include both Milky iDs and Touch Detective Tama Deco Pierce, but I was able to obtain all that last year!

• Like 2

With the exception of the tamagotchi nano and some releases such as TamaOchi (nanos are too small and TamaOchi is just kind of deeply to me) my goal is to get and raise every tamagotchi release to adulthood. 

Because I just finished raising an Ocean my brain would love it if I got a Garden. I really like the yellow leaf shell design too. 

• Like 1

My Holy Grail Tamagotchis would probably have to be

Santaclautchi

Debirutchi

Genjintchi

I don't really have any specifics in terms of the shell design, but I would like to expand my number of Tamagotchi Connections over time (since, as OP mentioned, I grew up with V1-V4 😁)

• Like 1

My holy grail is a blue Yasashii.  There was one on ebay very recently.  Its starting bid was 500, with no buy it now option.  Sigh.  I did get a former grail in 2004 though--a green Santaclautch at one of the weirdest places----a Goodwill in Phoenix, AZ.  I paid 25 dollars for it, brand new in box, and still tabbed.  I start it up every year on my birthday (Dec. 11), and run it for the 2 weeks up till Christmas. On Boxing Day I end the game, remove the batteries, rebox it, and put it back in the safe.

• Like 3