Sign in to follow this  
Decotchi

Marrying Distantly Related Tamas?

During today's log I had a question about tama marriages, so I thought I'd make it a topic in case anyone else has thoughts on it.

What is your approach with marrying tamas via connection after they've been connected once? This applies to any virtual pet really, both vintage and modern.

For example, my Akai twin boys are now brothers. Their marriages will be via Matchmaker, and if their respective children are boy & girl, I'm definitely NOT marrying them. But how long does one wait before it's not weird? Should I just get a third Akai to mix things up genetically? Maybe I'm overthinking it, but I would feel a bit strange having cousin-tamas marry, no matter how distant they are. 

How do you all handle this? 

•  
  • Like 1

I've never thought about this to be honest, maybe just take the battery out of one and run the other until you forget they're related.

I just keep marrying them if I feel like it tbh. I don't really see it that way.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Eggiweg said:

I've never thought about this to be honest, maybe just take the battery out of one and run the other until you forget they're related.

Hm, could do that. I do like running them simultaneously though! I guess I'll just use the matchmaker until I forget about it :lol:

3 hours ago, Shulk said:

I just keep marrying them if I feel like it tbh. I don't really see it that way.

I think I just overthink it! 

• Like 1

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By evanotchi98
      Hi guys! I am actually trying to find someone to marry my LOVELITCHI. I haven't had any luck yet! Also, I'm open to making new friends <3 ADD ME! 
      NNM673422
      😫
    • By udawnc
      hi guys

i know where to marry and all that stuff, but i was wondering if it matters who your character marries, like does it affect what child you get etc.? Or do people just marry their tamas off to others of their liking?

Also, i see people say that they have 5 year old adult tamagotchis on their p's, is that from not marrying their adult character ever? Because i thought when u get a new baby you only take care of that generation not the adults

I only ever played the familitchi for 2 months, and tried looking for the answer to this q for ages but i cant seem to find one :< sorry if there ARE answers to this though

Thank you so much!
    • By Doggie Biscuit
      So, should I let Egg marry, and have him die with his wife, or keep him forever?

pros:
      new baby
      he may be happier
      I might get to raise a girl
      new generation
      fun

cons:
      he'll die
      I might end up raising an exact same baby
    • By Tamawhaa?
      I'm new to this. It's just me and Jeanistkuchipa (sometimes the sitter Poketchi). We are 6 days in, he has all the badges and clover pieces so what do we do now? He's earning bank with the skills he picked up at school but it seems like he wants more. If he gets married I will happily raise his egg but I will miss him. If I don't marry him off to one of those 3 cuties what happens?
    • By Princess Lovelitchi
      So, I have 2 questions! #1: at what age for your tama does the date place show up? #2: when you marry your tama, does the spouse stay with your tama and have a baby and just hang out for a while as a family before leaving you with the baby? If so, how long do they stay?

Thanks!
    • By peterov
      Today, Sunday 16th March, It was my Harptchi's (Spring) 6th birthday which meant, she could get married. So I took her to the date place/Matchmaker to get her married the tamas that were there where Spacytchi, Monakatchi and Mametchi so thinking that Mametchi was over rated I picked Monakatchi (not spacytchi because my friend got her tamagotchi married to Spacytchi) so they did the kissing animation and it cut straight to the egg so when it hatched there was a celebration,the parents stayed. The next morning i woke up to see Samantha (The baby) crying and the parents had disappeared...there was only one thing...Monakatchi had murdered Spring and ran off with the baby's shout of alarm.