Which tama do you think I should get as a first-time tama collector?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aside from the Meets/On, there’s another rerelease of the original Tamagotchi in new colours coming out soon.
I second both of my fellow regulars, here - the Meets/On or the Tamagotchi Original/The Original Tamagotchi are both excellent starting points, as both have all of the hallmarks of the Tamagotchi experience, without anything over-complicating that.

If you want the "tougher" aesthetic from the Tamagotchi's sibling line, then there's currently also the Digimon Original/The Original Digimon, as well.

By the by, @Joc, the new Tamagotchi Original colours are already out over here! I've got the Sunset shell on its way to me at the moment - it looks great enough that I had to make an exception to my usual policy of not picking up multiple shell-designs for the same device. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
By the by, @Joc, the new Tamagotchi Original colours are already out over here! I've got the Sunset shell on its way to me at the moment - it looks great enough that I had to make an exception to my usual policy of not picking up multiple shell-designs for the same device. :D
I was referring to the third wave of colours, which is coming out soon. But yes, I noticed the second wave is available in Europe now! I’m planning to order the Sunset one too! I wonder how Tamagotchi Gen. 1 will compare with Tamagotchi Friends in terms of polish.

I was referring to the third wave of colours, which is coming out soon. But yes, I noticed the second wave is available in Europe now! I’m planning to order the Sunset one too! I wonder how Tamagotchi Gen. 1 will compare with Tamagotchi Friends in terms of polish.
Oh wow, I totally missed those - thanks for the heads-up! The doughnut and clouds ones are amazing! :lol:

I would reccomend the original Tamagotchi as it is only around $20 and it would be a good one to get started with to get you used to the gameplay and to see if you like it or not.
Nah, I’d start with the highest fidelity experience, which is the On/Meets. I suggested the Gen. 1 rerelease as an easy collectible.

personally i collect connections specifically and i recommend those! v2 and v3s are my favorites, theyre super duper fun. it's all up to you and what you think you'd end up liking! everyone's talking about meets/on though and i can't say i disagree. i only have one on from release, but it's one of the tamas i keep turned on pretty consistently! 

Meets/ON in my opinion. The genetics mechanic is so much fun searching for a suitable partner in the App and waiting to see what genetics you'll inherit! Having a colour screen makes the Tama world feel so vibrant as well which is a greatly added bonus.
I second the meets/on. it's so much fun and there's so much variety in genetics, plus the randomness of it all: you might end up getting a genetic trait from a grandparent that has been dormant for a couple generations. I would recommend a meets over the On in terms of variety, but I would only recommend the Meets after you try the On. The On will help you learn all of the menus in English and if you like it enough, then you can go for the meets. 

Plus the meets is fully compatible with the On for marrying/playdates (everything except for trading items/accessories/food), so you can have both to marry with each other. 

Also twins are hilarious, please see my profile picture as a reference for these shenanigans LOL

Latest posts

Back