Tamagotchi ON

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrumpyPoney

Reaction score
Hi,

Since I'm from france, I've hear that we can't get the app and I wonders if I use Bluestack if it work by example or without the app it's still good ? I didn't get a color tamagotchi yet and I hesitate to get one actually. I also hear that a new tamagotchi on was released what do you suggest me to wait and buy the new one or take the old ON ? thanks

Hello,

the App opens up many more possibilities for breeding various different genetics from people you meet online, and also exclusive items in the App which you can send to your Tama On device. You can still download the App although you're in France, I'm in the EU and I have been using it with no problems :)

If you're on Android, just download it from APK Pure:

https://apkpure.com/tamagotchi-on/com.bandai.tamagotchion

Just visit that link from your phone, grant APK Pure the necessary permissions to install on your phone, and download it from there  :) You will need to update the Tamagotchi ON App through APK Pure when it requires updates, not the official Play Store.

You might need to download APK Pure before downloading the above mentioned link/APK. Sorry, I forgot the exact steps how I did it, it's been around 2 months since I did. Here's the link to APK Pure in case: https://apkpure.com/ I am definite that I didn't use anything else apart from these 2 links, so you should be able to pull it off  :)  The installer/APK should go in your phone's downloads folder, which you can access through a File Manager app (my phone had one built in by default).

If you're on iPhone, just create a US account and you should find it in the list of apps. Hope this helps  :)  

As for recommendations, I have no experience with the new Tamagotchi ON Wondergarden, I have the Magic version and it's brilliant though :)  I highly recommend one of these new colour Tamas (Meets/ON), nothing to be hesitant about ;)  

You can use MyMeets for app items if your Windows 10 computer has low energy bluetooth (not every computer does) but barring that, you still have various items and locations for your Tama to visit, no app needed. Though I do recommend it, you’ll get items, genes not found on your Tama version, and more. Simply use the instructions above.

Hi,

Since I'm from france, I've hear that we can't get the app and I wonders if I use Bluestack if it work by example or without the app it's still good ? I didn't get a color tamagotchi yet and I hesitate to get one actually. I also hear that a new tamagotchi on was released what do you suggest me to wait and buy the new one or take the old ON ? thanks
For your first colour tama, I recommend getting the original On.

I also hear that a new tamagotchi on was released what do you suggest me to wait and buy the new one or take the old ON ? thanks
The only difference is what locations and marriageable characters (and therefore genes) are available on the device, so whether you pick the Fairy, Magic, or Wonder Garden version is just a matter of personal taste.

The only difference is what locations and marriageable characters (and therefore genes) are available on the device, so whether you pick the Fairy, Magic, or Wonder Garden version is just a matter of personal taste.
The Wonder Garden version is newer and thus might have some bugfixes that the Fairy and Magic versions don’t have. So if you have no preference, I’d get the Wonder Garden.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Wonder Garden version is newer and thus might have some bugfixes that the Fairy and Magic versions don’t have. So if you have no preference, I’d get the Wonder Garden.
Very true and very good point. I honestly didn't think of that, since we know that the Fairy and Magic versions didn't fix some of the pre-existing bugs from the Japanese releases themselves - at this point, I just kind of expect that Bandai won't bother. :lol:

The On didn't fix the glitches on the Meets?
Unfortunately no, they're still there from other people's reports both here and also on Reddit, despite Bandai saying they fixed them  :(  The Peter Pan glitch where your Tama doesn't evolve into an adult (i.e. stays stuck in baby/child/teen stage) seems more common than the reset glitch (thankfully it's not the other way round). Saying that though, I've been using my Tama ON for almost 3 months now and haven't encountered a glitch of any sort :)  

Saying that though, I've been using my Tama ON for almost 3 months now and haven't encountered a glitch of any sort :)  
Likewise, I've been using my Meets for many months, on and off, and I've had no problems either. :)

It's a good practise to use batteries from a good brand - this is the one thing that I stick to for all of my devices, and I've yet to encounter any issues with any of them. There's a reason that they tend to suggest this in the instructions for most electronics, after all.

That’s disappointing! :(  I really thought they fixed that.
I was very worried initially too (more so about the reset glitch, losing everything would be horrible), but after using it for almost 3 months without any glitches whatsoever, it put my mind at ease and I don't worry about it anymore. I definitely would not let the fear of glitches deter someone from getting an ON/Meets.

I definitely would not let the fear of glitches deter someone from getting an ON/Meets.
I second this.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if at least some of the reports of glitches involved cheap knock-off batteries from China, where the voltage is dropping off way too early and triggering unwanted behaviour - an awful lot of people do just buy the cheapest batteries that they can, and we can't rule that out, given that manufacturers usually recommend using good-quality batteries in their devices.

I second this.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if at least some of the reports of glitches involved cheap knock-off batteries from China, where the voltage is dropping off way too early and triggering unwanted behaviour - an awful lot of people do just buy the cheapest batteries that they can, and we can't rule that out, given that manufacturers usually recommend using good-quality batteries in their devices.
Definitely agreed on using a good brand of batteries. I had read that before the Low Battery screen appears, the device makes a save point so you can resume your progress from there. It definitely could be the case that cheap batteries will drop off quickly before the device has time to make this save point, which results in the reset glitch. I use Eneloop rechargeables (the white ones), make sure to get them from a reputable seller like Amazon, not eBay (there are fakes around). I get around 8 -14 days from them on a single charge (depends how much I use my Tama and how many connections I do with the official App).

Edit: I found where I had read the information about the final save point before the Low Battery screen appears! :D  

From what I was able to find, it appears that it might increase the chance of the known glitches occurring (in particular there's a good theory about the "Peter Pan Glitch" possibly having a higher chance of occurring due to the faster voltage drop-off of rechargeables, since it's believed that this glitch hinges on the device doing a final save and then failing to notify users that new batteries are needed).

Latest posts

Back