P0LYB1UZ

Tamagotchi On Screen Glitch?

Actually I've had it long enough to have gone through several generations with the occasional issue and then had it sit on my shelf for a while. It became less and less usable until that line died and i didn't want to fuss with it anymore. I tend to play with my tamas in spurts. If i bring one of em a new battery i will do it to all of them.

My Pac-Man is actually the newest one

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, P0LYB1UZ said:

Actually I've had it long enough to have gone through several generations with the occasional issue and then had it sit on my shelf for a while. It became less and less usable until that line died and i didn't want to fuss with it anymore.

Hmm, ok :( I reckon you've had it for less than a year though (since the ON got released in July 2019), so it really should still be covered by warranty I imagine? (unless you're gutsy enough to try Eggiweg's suggestion). I still would recommend getting a replacement if possible though (before opening it up yourself and voiding the warranty if it's still applicable), so this nasty annoyance doesn't pop up again in the future for you, and you could put your mind at ease knowing you have a new device, rather than worrying that this problem could pop up again :( 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 321Boom said:

I too agree with @Eggiweg on trying to send it back to Bandai if possible and hopefully get a new replacement, so you don't have any more problems like this with it in the future. It sounds like it's relatively new from your posts, so you shouldn't try fixing it yourself and should still be under warranty.

TL;DR yeet the cursed thing back to bandai before the warranty runs out and the contract is sealed

• Haha 4

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, 321Boom said:

Hmm, ok :( I reckon you've had it for less than a year though (since the ON got released in July 2019), so it really should still be covered by warranty I imagine? (unless you're gutsy enough to try Eggiweg's suggestion). I still would recommend getting a replacement if possible though (before opening it up yourself and voiding the warranty if it's still applicable), so this nasty annoyance doesn't pop up again in the future for you, and you could put your mind at ease knowing you have a new device, rather than worrying that this problem could pop up again :( 

I've already ordered a replacement! It's being delivered on Monday. I didn't actually contact bandai about it as i don't know where the recipt is. I do not plan to open this one as i don't trust myself with such small circuits

6 hours ago, Eggiweg said:

TL;DR yeet the cursed thing back to bandai before the warranty runs out and the contract is sealed

Lol i will if i can find the receipt but if not i don't mind the odd commodity being on my shelf. It sounds like ot isn't that common of an issue and despite being broken i do kind of like it. I certainly own MORE cursed objects

Edited by Penguin-keeper
Merged multi-posting.
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, P0LYB1UZ said:

I've already ordered a replacement! It's being delivered on Monday. I didn't actually contact bandai about it as i don't know where the recipt is. I do not plan to open this one as i don't trust myself with such small circuits

Awesome, just got the anticipation of the weekend then, and you'll have your new Tama ON in your hands once again :D Real shame about the receipt, hopefully you'll come across it soon and they could send you another device. Haha yeah agreed, I too would be mega worried to open it up, so I can relate, though saying that, if I know I have a replacement unit on the way and I know for sure that my current one isn't working I would give it shot, might learn something too and understand the inner-workings of the Tamagotchi more ^_^ Best of luck with your new device! :D

• Like 3

Welp! Good news and bad news!

The good news is that the replacement showed up a surprising 2 days early! The bad news is that the broken one has decided it never wants to be freed from the depths of the bone zone ever again.

So I'd like to lovingly dub the twins

A̡͔ͤͭ͑̆B͖̣̲̃Óͭͫ́̀M̤͇͎̺̰̔̎̀͝Ȉ̛̍̈́͗ͤ̊ͣN͈͇̦̒͊͐Â̲͖̗̼̭͉͍͒͐̑̓ͦ͡T̓̓ͮ̆̐̍͏̺̳͙͈I̱̞ͭ̇̇ͣ̐ͫ͐O̷N̕ and Baby

spacer.png

What an interesting pair

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

You can still keep the tama! Just gotta memorize the layout.

1 A press (if not in a menu already): settings/profile

2 A presses food, (if not in a menu already) starts at Fridge, press A to select, then press b to select seasoned rice. Second A press=gelatin (snack). In first food menu, press A to go down to restaurant option, then with another A press Restaurant (use this option for adult tamas, they don’t like seasoned rice) Then press A to select the top option, then A a second time to feed the tama (you could probably see the colors of the food, though, that’s how you’ll know you’ve hit the right place)

3 A presses= toilet, first option cleans up poop, second option bathes the tama

4 A presses= connection, if you have the app go to the third option and hit visit when prompted, second option is to download items, first option just play date, press A button three times then B button, have it visit the working tama so you can actually see the thing

There’s eventually going to be tamas you can use for parts, so hang in there. You can also use your second tama as reference for the menus if you need to. If it doesn’t respond to button presses, then idk what to tell you

• Like 2