Help - Rakuraku Dinokun Dinkie Dino

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jon_p

Reaction score
Hey, been reading the forums for a while but this is my first post. I've found my old dead Dinkie Dino when I moved and I would love to make it work again. Don't know the batteries model, also, I've opened and found some loose stuff in there... 

Any help it's appreciated. Pic in the link. 

The open dude

Cheers!! 

It seems the loose parts and cables are the speaker (realized opening other dead old Tama) now need to realize how to put the wires and get some batteries,  lr44 probably. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello and welcome to TamaTalk! :)

Yep, two LR44 batteries are what you'll need for a Dinkie pet!

lNWCVwp.jpg

This should be the right orientation for the batteries. It comes from my Dinkie Penguin's battery-cover, and though I don't have a Dinkie Dino, I think it's a fair bet that the polarity would be the same. Of course, I could be completely wrong here - though these things are usually the same within virtual pet families, I can't verify it. :p

As for the wires, I'd imagine that you'll need to solder them back to where they should be. If you want to test it in spite of this, the most likely outcome is that everything else will work but there'll be no sound.

Both seems permadeath :( 

Any ideas/links/tutorials on how to revive 'em? Will try anything, i've some Bandai tamas working but i miss my good old Dinkie Dino 😅

The red one had batteries exploded inside, Dinkie dino has the lose cables at sights, but looks clean besides that.

The battery orientations may not be exactly the same as Penguin keeper's. Try swapping them around, make sure you're not missing any metal contacts. Then try cleaning the corrosion off with alcohol or vinegar.

tryed everything, they're dead and i don't know why; the red one has some wear from battery drain on the motherboard, i'm not an electronics guy but it doesn't seems good. The Dinokun looks fine but won't work :(

F. Maybe you could use them for parts or chuck them up on ebay as needing repair? :huh:

F. Maybe you could use them for parts or chuck them up on ebay as needing repair? :huh:
I live far away, i'm afraid ebay won't be such a business, once i've sold an small drone to the US and the shipping cost on carriers as ups or fedex was twice the cost of the drone 🤪

I'll probably let them rest in peace, or do a keychain with some leds haha

Latest posts

Back