Tama ON - 'I want to play' and 'I need a new look'

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

321Boom

TamaTalk Supporter
TamaTalk Angelgotchi
Reaction score
Hello,

has anyone figured out what you need to do when your Tama says 'I want to play' and 'I need a new look'? Regarding 'I want to play', I try taking them to the Sushi Bar in Food Town, and also giving them their favourite toys, but to no avail. For 'I need a new look' I try giving them accessories to wear, even their favourite ones, yet they still keep on saying the same thing 😢 It's not a photo moment like when they're watching TV or painting ducks. Only thing that makes the attention sign go away is taking them to the yard and back in.

Anyone else figure this out?

Thanks in advance as always to anyone that pitches in :D  

I think it's just a thing they say, it doesn't affect their stats in any way, and you can get it with full happiness.
Thank you for pitching in, but I really think there's something we're missing here. Why would the attention icon light up if we're not meant to do anything?

I agree with you that it doesn't affect their stats in anyway though, and yes it also happens at full happiness.

Thank you for pitching in, but I really think there's something we're missing here. Why would the attention icon light up if we're not meant to do anything?

I agree with you that it doesn't affect their stats in anyway though, and yes it also happens at full happiness.
In the older models, some times the attention icon would light up and your tama would say something to you. It disappeared after the message though, so maybe you're onto something.

Thinking more about it, there may be more things we could try:

'I want to play' - maybe the Tama wants to play with other Tamas at the Park or other locations (instead of games or alone with their own toys)

'I want a new look' - maybe the makeover at the Salon?

I'll definitely give these a shot the next time I get these messages from my Tama :)  

The weird thing is that the attention icon doesn’t show up when they call because of a dream or nightmare. Yet it shows up for this, and when they’re doing things like watching TV, which they don’t need you for...

I tried changing the room decor, but that didn’t make him stop saying it either. Only going into the yard.

But it’s not necessary to go into the yard to make the icon go away? You can just let the icon stay? I thought the whole point of the icon was “do something”...

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I really am stumped on this also 😕

Update: I just got the 'I want to play' message 20 mins ago, I tried taking them to the Park, nothing. I took them to a location with a toy so they play with another Tama twice, and still, nothing 😥 I really have no idea what to do for these 2 messages.

I find that only going to the yard, or pressing C removes the message and the attention icon.

The weird thing is that the attention icon doesn’t show up when they call because of a dream or nightmare. Yet it shows up for this, and when they’re doing things like watching TV, which they don’t need you for...
For a dream or nightmare I'd understand no icon popping up, since it's just something extra which you can't really do anything about since they're asleep (although I would like to comfort them when they're having a nightmare).

Regarding watching TV or painting ducks, they don't really need you, but if you take a photo of them doing that you will get a different caption in the Diary than when you take a normal photo. I guess the attention icon pops up here just to show you that something 'could' be done, doesn't necessarily have to be done, you know, just serving as an indicator. Which is what keeps me guessing that the 'I want to play' and 'I need a new look' messages are also indicators that something 'could' be done.

I believe when they ask you to play with them that means you choose a toy so they can play with and preferably the one that they like. 

Regarding the new look, try and purchase a new clothes and see if the attention icon will and the massage will disappear afterwards! Because it seems like you tried so many things but hopefully this will help you :)  

I believe when they ask you to play with them that means you choose a toy so they can play with and preferably the one that they like.
I tried that, even with the favourite toys that come with the hearts circling around when you give it to them, still to no avail 😕

Regarding the new look, try and purchase a new clothes and see if the attention icon will and the massage will disappear afterwards! Because it seems like you tried so many things but hopefully this will help you :)  
That's a good idea to try! Thanks! I'll give that a shot next time they bring up the new look message!  :)

I don't even own an On, but I remember the P's showing messages similar to this! Even then I have a few theories from what I've observed:

• I want to play: I didn't see the arcade mentioned in here! You've probably already tried this - I saw the Sushi Bar mentioned -, but maybe take them to a few different locales and try all the games out, see which one makes the attention icon disappear?  :ichigotchi:
  • I want a new look: What @iTamannadi said (and is exactly what you're doing)! Maybe it's there as an incentive for players to spend more Gotchi points out of guilt or something XD

I'd get an On, but it's not exactly cheap from where I live ;w; I hope this helps you out either way (even if it's more or less regurgitating what we already know, haha)!

I don't even own an On, but I remember the P's showing messages similar to this! Even then I have a few theories from what I've observed:

• I want to play: I didn't see the arcade mentioned in here! You've probably already tried this - I saw the Sushi Bar mentioned -, but maybe take them to a few different locales and try all the games out, see which one makes the attention icon disappear?  :ichigotchi:
  • I want a new look: What @iTamannadi said (and is exactly what you're doing)! Maybe it's there as an incentive for players to spend more Gotchi points out of guilt or something XD

I'd get an On, but it's not exactly cheap from where I live ;w; I hope this helps you out either way (even if it's more or less regurgitating what we already know, haha)!
Thanks, that's definitely a good point about the Arcade! I'll also give this a shot next time they show the 'I want to play' message  :)

Agreed about the ON not exactly being cheap (especially if you need to add in shipping and customs/duty on top of it too), but it definitely is a worthwhile purchase which you won't regret  ;)

EDIT: Just got the 'I want to play' message and tried taking them to the Arcade and also the Gym, nothing 😥

If none of the obvious things are working, I wonder if there's a programming oversight in play, here?
I did think of that to be honest, like how the favourite quote always says 'Hello' (I'm sure more was meant to come from that, rather than all Tamas saying the same thing). I really have no idea what else to try. I still need to try buying them a new accessory when they say 'I need a new look', but I haven't gotten that message yet from the time @iTamannadi suggested it. Other than that, I really have no clue, and I guess I'm just going to have to keep taking them out to the yard or C-click when they give me these messages  :(

If none of the obvious things are working, I wonder if there's a programming oversight in play, here?
Definitely possible that they implemented these requests with the plan to actually program an objective to fulfill later, and then just didn’t.

I did think of that to be honest, like how the favourite quote always says 'Hello' (I'm sure more was meant to come from that, rather than all Tamas saying the same thing).
Characters have their own favorite quotes in Meets. Did they really just replace them all with “HELLO!” in the English translation?

In that case, my guess is that the character limit was too short to translate the existing quotes into English, and instead of making up shorter quotes, they just removed them in the easiest way possible. 💩

Characters have their own favorite quotes in Meets. Did they really just replace them all with “HELLO!” in the English translation?

In that case, my guess is that the character limit was too short to translate the existing quotes into English, and instead of making up shorter quotes, they just removed them in the easiest way possible. 💩
Yep, in 12 generations I've had, so far each one just says 'Hello'. Shame they left those out, would give some more personality to the Tama 😥

Your guess makes lots of sense though.

EDIT: Just got the 'I want to play' message and tried taking them to the Arcade and also the Gym, nothing 😥
Aww :( That sucks! Though @Joc's answer about a possibly unfufilled end goal does sound probable. If we can't even understand a Tamagotchi's requests, how are we expected to raise it?! Who thought this was a good idea?!  :p

Sucks about the quotes as well! It's such a common problem with dialogue when translating things into English in any format - mostly in RPGs as far as I can tell due to their heavy amounts of text - when you're trying to fit in long sentences into short (and limited) spaces originally reserved for a much shorter language (in terms of characters, anyway). :(

Does anyone know if the Meets has the same issue concerning the requests? Or is it different in that aspect?

Latest posts

Back