Anyone knows how to open up a Tamagotchi P’s Pocket Designer?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TMGCH

Reaction score
I have a Pocket Designer that has problems with the touchscreen, and I noticed today that a strange oily liquid has been leaking from the device. Something similar has happened to a Princess Spacey iDL I bought before, too, so I know that there’s probably some corrosion damage inside. Anyway, I have another working Pocket Designer which shell isn’t looking very good, and I thought of re-shelling it with the shell of the broken one. 

90FE0A83-6306-4377-A0A7-658A11F7B7D6.jpeg

I removed the 4 screws around the battery compartment, but I am unable to open up the device no matter how hard I attempt to pry it open. I believe that there must be 2 more hidden screws under the 2 round things at the back that I have circled. There seems to be no way to remove them, and I can’t open up the device any more that what you see in this photo: 

C5D7616C-CAA6-46C7-A4FB-B2D1065EC36F.jpeg

It seems like Bandai really doesn’t want people to open up the Pocket Designer. Assuming that the round parts are some kind of stoppers and that there really are screws under it, there’d be no way to open it up unless I drilled into it or something. I’ve tried using a needle to see if I can lift it up, to no avail - it just broke the needle. 

Anyone has any ideas, or experiences with opening it up?

Latest posts

Back