What is this? ?mystery?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nanunanu

Reaction score
What is this? I saw it as I was looking at tamas it says it's by bandai and it has an angel on it like the one that is on the angel gotchi book?!?! What is it? 
s-l400.jpg

I used a reverse image search on google to find out that it is the Tamagotchi Pikalot, based on the fuller title given by another ebay listing. Here's a brief video overview! It's basically a gaming device that offer three basic games: whack-a-mole, slots, and rock-paper-scissors. Bandai's made a whole bunch of spinoff products throughout the various Tamagotchi eras so this kind of device isn't that unusual.

There's one on Ebay that you can find by just googling "Tamagotchi Pikalot". Based on the video, it looks like a device for those people with great reflexes, ha ha. Stuff like this make me want to create a thread for Tamagotchi merchandise (I'll add that to my document of potential forum posts).

I'll probably put it in my September monthly tasks in my bullet journal then :^) Y'know, alongside the bits and bobs I should probably be doing during the month. I'll probably borrow some of the formatting from your generic fakes database with some little extra touches like grouping things by subject (like toys, clothing, housewares, etc.). I've actually got quite a few things that fit in there like my ID/IDL era puffy stickers, my vintage band aid case, and the Tamagotchi Party On game (which is terrible by the way; don't buy it). I also saw someone selling a whole slew of vintage era toothbrushes so there, why not tell the world those existed XD

...and the Tamagotchi Party On game (which is terrible by the way; don't buy it).
just coming in to say that 1. how dare you and 2. you're absolutely correct

i have a constant love-hate relationship with this game, even without its gameplay (you don't select the board, you set the amount of 'elections' ((rounds)) you'll play for, and then you start at the same board every time and it's random which board it'll switch to next, there's so many more problems but the mini-games were fun  :ichigotchi: ), as it's also the thing that got me to remember about Tamagotchi years after i stopped playing with them! I owned this game when Tamagotchi was in its prime over here and never got rid of it, so it's constantly a question of whether or not i should thank it for getting me into tamas again or curse it for the exact same reason.  :p

either way I'd love to see a thread on obscure Tamagotchi merch/spin-offs that don't follow the typical formula! I love this kind of stuff and it makes me sad that it's rarely documented. The only other piece of merchandise I have (using the word extremely loosely) is a copy of the film, which I lost a few years ago anyway. Oops.  :(

just coming in to say that 1. how dare you and 2. you're absolutely correct
Okay, Greta Thunberg XD Yeah, I like the mini games too and it was such a cute touch with them being played on a literal Tamagotchi. The art is cute too but what really stinks is how there is barely any interaction between players and CPUs have such long turns that you waste so much time just waiting for your turn. In fact, I found it more convenient to take care of my tamas during the gap and no game should be that easy to drop. For Pete's sake, playing a bored game would be way faster! The last time I played it was with my brother and I quickly employed the strategy of trying to get some sort of crown thingy which gave some advantage. I then realized how I had such a low probability of actually getting it and even though I did get it super fast, I got fed up with the game and didn't want to play it anymore. Literally like someone handed me a winning lottery ticket and I threw it away say it's a waste of time.

I'm glad to hear someone has a special connection to that game. My interest in tamas was renewed by a blog post on video games of all things. If the blogger hadn't been so positive about tamas, I would have never thought of them again (although I didn't throw away the three I had).

I'll definitely remember to make the merch thread. Although I intend it to be more about any kind of Tamagotchi stuff that isn't a strict virtual pet (so the Dekas and the Mame game would count), most of the stuff is probably going to be on the obscure side. I went back to get pics of the tooth brushes and then I found an angelgotchi Polaroid camera, an angelgotchi pocket watch, some vintage figures, and a 30-pack of connection era figures. I know there's some more exotic things out there so I might get a little crazy, my documenting perfectionism and all.

Latest posts

Back