How to clean the screen of a tamagotchi friends

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChimeraP

Reaction score
HI! i found my pink tamagotchi today and tested it and it works fine but the screen seems to be dirty (doesnt seem like dust/dirt just grime) is there a safe way to clean the screen without ruining it (such as bubles appearing or something of that sort. Thanks ^^

The instructions for devices like these always suggest simply using a soft, dry cloth to clean the screen. Unless it's in a particularly bad way, that's probably the best thing to use. :)

Don't make the same mistake I did and use isopropyl alcohol to clean the screen, it fogs the plastic. If you do, a bit of displex/polywatch will clear it up.
Your comment worried me. I use a PC screen cleaner from Antec. Here is a link to the one I use: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Antec-Spray-240-Cleaning-Solution/dp/B0061FUD78

I don't see any issues like the one you are stating, but I do have a screen protector on, but I did clean the screen with it once before applying the protector on it.

EDIT: Running through the ingredients of the Antec cleaner, it doesn't seem that there is alcohol in it, so it should be safe. But clarification or if anyone else uses this would be very much appreciated :)  

Last edited by a moderator:
PC Screen cleaner like this should be safe, isopropyl alcohol is more like something you'd find labelled as "contact cleaner" or just IPA. It's 99% alcohol with no additives. Overall it's best not to use it undiluted on plastic screens, better to dilute it with some water.

PC Screen cleaner like this should be safe, isopropyl alcohol is more like something you'd find labelled as "contact cleaner" or just IPA. It's 99% alcohol with no additives. Overall it's best not to use it undiluted on plastic screens, better to dilute it with some water.
Awesome, thanks so much for the peace of mind!  :D  

Latest posts

Back