"Petadachi" announced - new virtual pet/exploration game for the Nintendo Switch

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Penguin-keeper

Reaction score
A new Nintendo Switch game was announced today, and it's due out sometime next year. It's called Petadachi, and it combines a virtual pet with an exploration game.

This one's not for me because I'm not fond of exploration games, but it should be one to watch, since its developer, Atooi, has an excellent track-record. :)

If anyone here picks it up, please let us know what you think of it!

The sprite of the dog on the virtual pet device was so poorly done it looked more like some weirdo was staring at you. The complete lack of a nose and truncated anatomy makes it almost unrecognizable. The sprites in the overworld make more sense but I thought the boy with the dog at the start was actually some customize cat creature. Other than that, it looks cute and I wonder if it might have some overlapping traits with the Game De Hakken!! Tamagotchi 2, or the Gameboy adaption of the Morino and Umino. I don't have a switch yet but if I did, I might be tempted to try it out to see if I like the exploration gameplay. Although, I don't play video game as much as I like.

No comment about the borderline penguin abuse at the end of the video? :p Not exactly of the same caliber as the kid in my father's childhood who briefly "walked" his dog by looping the leash around his bike handles and speeding off.

Hey, this looks cool! I can get behind exploration games, and while the pets seem more animal-like then alien, they still look quite cute (though I'm not sure about the eyes on the humans, I think maybe beady eyes would've done just fine?). I might pick it up when it releases depending on the price, I'm always looking for new games to try out! :D

Latest posts

Back