The Lucid Log

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LucidLyes

Reaction score
So this morning my Hashizoutchi died at 18 years old.

Tamagotchi (USA, Europe) (SGB Enhanced)_1601716014745.png

It was the longest that I've managed to keep a Tamagotchi ever as far as I can remember. It was on the Tamagotchi Game Boy game, on which I'm playing what I decided to label the "PoorBoy's Tamagotchi". The rules are that you can only take care of your Tamagotchi if the in-game clock matches your real-life clock. I've made a post about it here:

https://www.tamatalk.com/IB/topic/199133-how-to-make-tamagotchi-for-game-boy-more-like-a-real-tamagotchi/

Upon its death I was labeled a genius by some stranger aliens who took Venus to their home planet.

Tamagotchi (USA, Europe) (SGB Enhanced)_1601716036963.pngTamagotchi (USA, Europe) (SGB Enhanced)_1601716052063.png

Apparently they have the ability to revive dead Tamagotchi so Venus was revived and made an Honorary Member of... something lol. They dressed him up weidly and that's last time I saw him.

Tamagotchi (USA, Europe) (SGB Enhanced)_1601716075952.png

So as promised, here is my log (@Penguin-keeper) . I'll be covering mostly the 3 Tamagotchi games on Game Boy. I'll be trying to get every character in every game, which I'm sure will keep me occupied for a long time. I'll also mix in some Android virtual pet apps so that the log will hopefully remain fresh and interesting.

I'm starting with Tamagotchi 1 on GB, since for the time being it's my favourite of the 3 Game Boy games.

Tamagotchi (USA, Europe) (SGB Enhanced)_1601716167273.png

As you can see I've already picked 4 of the eggs, with Venus being the 4th. It's time to hatch that green one which I'll be naming Gaia (I'm uninspiringly naming them after planets, before Venus was Mercury). I wonder what happens when you hatch all the eggs and the last one dies, there has to be a cinematic or something, we'll see.

Tamagotchi (USA, Europe) (SGB Enhanced)_1601716402223.png

So here is Gaia. Since I've been raising Tamagotchis since a very long time and know all the rules, I'm adding myself a new rule to spice things up: for this run, I'm not allowed to check Gaia's stats apart from its age and weight. In real life, your pet or kid doesn't have a hungry and happy meter, you have to guess how it's feeling.

I've also decided thar Gaia will be a nerd, I'm only going to give it Math training. The only exercise it will be doing will be to maintain its weight. We'll see how it'll grow up and how long it'll live with this education.

I think that's all for today, I'll try to post everyday if my schedule allows.

Last edited by a moderator:
So as promised, here is my log (@Penguin-keeper) .
Yay! :D I've been looking forward to this!

I wonder what happens when you hatch all the eggs and the last one dies, there has to be a cinematic or something, we'll see.
I've been wondering this too - you're a lot closer to finding this out than I am! :eek:

Is that the Super Game Boy palette that I spy? ;) I don't get to see that on my Game Boy Colours or clones thereof. Looks lovely!

Is that the Super Game Boy palette that I spy? ;) I don't get to see that on my Game Boy Colours or clones thereof. Looks lovely!
Yup, I'm using "MyOldBoy!". The GBC didn't support coloring GB games, only the SGB did. I'm never sure whether I prefer the colored GB games or the black and green original look they had. I'm mostly keeping it that way out of laziness so far. (I don't really like the fake SGB colors to be honest).

The GBC didn't support coloring GB games, only the SGB did.
It does, just in a very different way to the Super Game Boy. :lol: The background and sprite layers get two separate palettes applied to them on a Game Boy Colour - you can choose from the pre-sets during the boot-splash. :)

I'm never sure whether I prefer the colored GB games or the black and green original look they had. I'm mostly keeping it that way out of laziness so far. (I don't really like the fake SGB colors to be honest).
For me, it depends on my mood. :D Sometimes I'll pick a palette (usually the Game Boy Colour's blue offering for Tamagotchi GB, since I like how it looks), but other times I'll just go with pure monochome - though the Game Boy Colour only offers this in Game Boy Pocket greys, rather than original Game Boy greens.

I thought today would be a pretty uneventful day, Gaia was pretty calm during the whole day, but then it evolved into Tamatchi (aka Kirbytchi lol) at 7 PM. It surprised me because I always thought the Marutchi stage lasted 3 days.

Tamagotchi (USA, Europe) (SGB Enhanced)_1601836545001.png

I like how it feels embarrassed when it gets answers correct

Tamagotchi (USA, Europe) (SGB Enhanced)_1601836624307.png

Also, this is its "computing" face. Imagine a whole class doing weird faces such as this one when the teacher asks a question:

Tamagotchi (USA, Europe) (SGB Enhanced)_1601836659938.png

Anyway, with the level of care I'm giving, I'm pretty sure I'm going to end up with Mametchi or Mimitchi. It's interesting how it kinda feels like getting the best characters seems easier than getting the bad or mediocre ones.

So this morning my Birokutchi died in Tamagotchi 3 on GB (I was - and still am- running multiple tamagotchis at once, in fact I still have a 19-yo Tentotchi alive in Tamagotchi 2 and a 15-yo Mametchi on the Android "Tamagotchi Classic" app).

Game de Hakken!! Tamagotchi - Osutchi to Mesutchi (Japan) (SGB Enhanced)-201005-090448.png

The Tamagotchi 3 death screen is as disturbing as the others. The music that plays almost seems to have out-of-tune notes. I think this game is of a somwhat lesser quality than the other 2. It feels like it was made by another less experimented team. I'll delve into the details of what I don't like about it when I get to it. For the time being, I'm not hatching a new egg on this game. (I'm letting my tamas die without renewing them until I only keep one at a time).

Birokutchi was only 8 or 9 years old, I'm pretty sure her death was due to her sleeping all night right next to her poop and with the lights on. Since she sleeps at midnight and wakes up at 7 AM, I couldn't take care of her since yesterday evening at around 10 PM. Oh well!

Birukotchi isn't even buried, it's just a dead carcass lying upon a grave in a cemetary at night.

Rated E for Everybody? 😄
Indeed, even with X_X eyes, looks like a dead penguin, this should ruin @Penguin-keeper's day when she sees it! :p  

That is quite gruesome considering it's something mostly targeted for kids as their major demographic.

Indeed, even with X_X eyes, looks like a dead penguin, this should ruin @Penguin-keeper's day when she sees it! :p  
It's the Circle of Life, and it kills us all. :p

Poor Birokutchi. I'm sure that she had a good life, though - y'know, except for the poop thing. ;)

That is quite gruesome considering it's something mostly targeted for kids as their major demographic.
It's even more "intense" than the Japanese version of the death scene in the first game. And that one's striking enough!

I think this game is of a somwhat lesser quality than the other 2. It feels like it was made by another less experimented team. I'll delve into the details of what I don't like about it when I get to it.
I'll be looking forward to reading your thoughts on it - it wouldn't surprise me if it was indeed a "B team" who worked on the third game, due to how late it came along in both the Game Boy's life and the lifetime of the original Tamagotchi craze.

Poor Birokutchi. I'm sure that she had a good life, though - y'know, except for the poop thing. ;)
I've walked a total of 5 miles yesterday which I hadn't done in months (COVID and all). I was so tired it wasn't even funny. But Birokutchi was happy most of her life. In fact, her name was ははははは which I think means "hahahahaha" in japanese. I was surprised that it took so little for her to pass away, her meters weren't even empty!

Well, apart from Birokutchi's death this morning, today was pretty calm. I introduced Gaia to Math tournaments. Of course, she failed. (I've read that they're bound to fail on their first trial - and yeah, she's a female all of a sudden, don't ask). She felt terrible about it!

Tamagotchi_(USA,_Europe)_(SGB_Enhanced)_1601899745075[1].png

... so I gave her her first cake ever since she was born to console her.

Tamagotchi_(USA,_Europe)_(SGB_Enhanced)_1601899767263[1].png

And that's pretty much all that happened today.

------------

I'm also wondering whether I should log about this:

image.png

I'm not constantly using my PC, but I've been raising this poor thing for about a month (yet it's only 5 days old lol). Reading others' logs made me interested in the latest Tamagotchi releases and I've realized how accurate this unofficial PC version was. I wish I could play this on my smartphone but there doesn't seem to be a simple way to do so. (I also wish I could make the screen bigger).

Yes, I named her PoorGirl because I find it difficult to raise her correctly due to me often being AFK. Besides, I know nothing about how the more recent Tamagotchi releases operate and the game doesn't come with instructions. (I especially didn't understand how to use codes).

Please let me know if you think I shoud cover this.

My Tentotchi's on the brink of death. Its 4 hearts are depleting in less than an hour, yet it's still hanging tight!

Game de Hakken!! Tamagotchi 2 (Japan) (SGB Enhanced)_1601982893962.png

He's 20-yo today which is the longest I've ever managed to keep a Tamagotchi. If I can avoid care mistakes for just 5 more days then I don't think it's impossible that I'll be able to reach the 25 yo limit... though I wonder how long a Tamagotchi can live on the GB games. Well, maybe I'll be able to find out!

Well, today's been quite a slow news day. With only 3 tamagotchis to take care of, (I'm still not counting Tamagotchi PC because it's not active most of the time), the storm has passed. Besides, I'm raising a Mametchi on the Android "Tamagotchi Classic" app and a Tamatchi on Tamagotchi GB, both of which require very little care at all. Only Tentotchi on Tamagotchi 2 on GB is giving me trouble.

He pulled out the old "I'm gonna poop riiiight before I get to bed so you can't clean it" and accordingly here he is:

image.png

I don't think he's going to survive that 😄. I mean, this is how Birokutchi died right? Plus, the Azaratchi ( 
latest
 ) that I had on this same game also died for the exact same reason... and neither of them were even 10-yo!

Anyway, Gaia has attempted her second Math tournament and failed at the very last question. This time she wasn't feeling too bad about it so... no cake this time!

image.png

I didn't expect Masktchi to remove her mask before sleeping:

image.png

I'll be taking your advice on how to raise this one because I know almost nothing about the new concepts of Marriage, reproduction, friends, etc. I don't really know what to do with her at the moment. Should I marry her to someone? and how?

------

While we're here, I want to take the opportunity to upload my progression in attempting to obtain every tamagotchi character on every game I'm playing. I'll regularly be updating this as I progress, but I think there has to be a starting point. Actually, I think this will be better as a separate post.

My progression so far

Not to pretend like I'm some sort of completionist of any kind, but I think it's always fun to go for some sort of record or achievement to keep oneself interested. So I recently decided to attempt to get every character on every support I have (except the 168-in-1 bunny ROM of course). I'm pretty sure this will keep me busy (and keep this log alive) for a few ... years or so.

OK so I wanted to do this as something visual and easy to track by uploading growth charts with marks next to tamagotchis I've gotten but due to the size limitation (and possible authorship issues) I don't think that's a great idea. For now I think a list will do. Characters I've gotten will have a sprite next to them. (I'm still not sure how to do this really xD ).

So here we go:

On Tamagotchi 1 (GB):

Babytchi:
latest
 ShiroBabytchi
latest
 Marutchi:
latest
  TonMarutchi
latest
 Tamatchi:
latest
 Kuchitamatchi, Tongaritchi
latest
, Hashitamatchi, Mametchi, Ginjirotchi
latest
 (7 and still alive), Masktchi, Kuchipatchi, Nyorotchi, Tarakotchi,  Mimitchi, Pochitchi, Zucchitchi, Hashizoutchi
latest
 (18), Takotchi, Kusatchi, Oyajitchi, Sekitoritchi, Bill

On Tamagotchi 2 (GB):

Mori characters:

Babymotchi 
latest
 Imotchi 
latest
 Chobitamatchi, Minotchi 
latest
, Mayutchi 
latest
, Kabutotchi, Koganetchi, Tentotchi
latest
(21 and still alive), Twinaritchi, Funkorogatchi, Gejitchi, Mushibatchi, Tengutchi

Umi characters:

Planktontchi 
latest
 , Kuragetchi 
latest
, Otototchi 
latest
, Kingyotchi, Penguintchi, Kametchi, Kujiratchi, Azaratchi 
latest
 (11), Keropyontchi, Ankotchi, Ashigyotchi, Kaitchi, Kaizokutchi

On Tamagotchi 3 (Osutchi to Mesutchi) (GB):

Kuritchi, Mohitamatchi, Obotchi, Hawainotchi, Pyonchitchi, Kiwitchi, Bunbuntchi, Megatchi, Ojyotchi, Hawaikotchi, Pyonkotchi, Kikotchi, Bunkotchi, Gankotchi, Tsubutchi, Teletchi, Kakutchi, Hyurutchi, Puchitchi, Currypantchi 
latest
, Hikotchi, Moritchi, Piroriroritchi, Hiratchi, Marumimitchi, Billotchi, UFOtchi, Morutchi, Pirorintchi
latest
, Piratchi, Mimikotchi, Billkotchi 
latest
(9?), PetitChocotchi 
latest
 , Mizutamatchi, Propellertchi, Kabutchi, Batabatchi, Pipotchi, PuchiTeletchi, Harutchi, Kuribotchi, ChoMametchi, Ojitchi, Pyukitchi, ChoHimetchi, Otokitchi, Debutchi, Sutebotchi, Tsuketchi.

Phew! That was a mouthful! As you can see, I'm going to be busy for a while!

I'm really fond of seeing the community's lesser-covered games getting logged, so I just wanted to second what Eggiweg said about Tamagotchi PC - I'll also be interested in seeing it whenever you have the time to add that into your log.

It kind of reminds me of a Japanese Tamagotchi-like program for Windows 95, which did the rounds online in 1997, including within the English online fandom of that time, which as far as I can remember was called "Nest". Although that one was, of course, a lot simpler, since it was based on the original Tamagotchi devices. :p I would imagine that Nest has been lost to time at this point, though!

EDIT: Hold the phone! Nest still exists!

Latest posts

Back