2 hours ago, Tamacass said:

(I think the game automatically pulls from your clipboard when you left-click/do the last step? The thought never actually came to me as it usually worked for me. XD I'll see if I can get it up and do some testing myself! Copying the code using ctrl+c works just fine, so you're basically all set... I may be misremembering on whether or not you need to copy, you definitely don't need to write characters one by one to my knowledge hahaha!)

OKAY I JUST TESTED IT OUT - You are copying correctly! The first step is totally optional, as you do not need to right-click to copy your code!

All I had to do was make sure I had the program open, select the option 'NEW' on the connection menu (specifying an online friend), then copy the code listed as the 'Add code' from the provided web page using any method of copying, before clicking back into the game and left-clicking! You don't need to paste the code you've copied at all (no ctrl+v required). I hope this goes well!!! ;A; If you've already tried this exact method before then there may be something wrong with your copy, like a corrupted file? (that I'm not too sure of, so take my theory with a grain of salt XD)

Thanks for the detailed response, I'll test it out once I'm home. The most probable hypothesis is that I was copying the wrong codes lol

• Like 4

4 hours ago, LucidLyes said:

Thanks for the detailed response, I'll test it out once I'm home. The most probable hypothesis is that I was copying the wrong codes lol

It worked! Thanks @Tamacass ! ^_^

562342138_Sanstitre.png.627138a4549c570d67e15a31a90e63a9.png

Edited by LucidLyes
  • Like 5

LOG for day 10/10/2020

Not much has happened today. Gaia has won a Racing tournament (on its first try!). 

spacer.png

I forgot to take a screenshot, so I later took this one just to have something to show.

I hope the Beauty tournament will be just as easy.

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, LucidLyes said:

I hope the Beauty tournament will be just as easy.

For some reason, my Game Boy Tamagotchis always seem to get beaten by Ginjirotchis in the beauty-contests - the judges seem to be biased towards them! :lol: Hopefully that will go in your favour. ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Today's post should be long. (<-- Indeed it is 😅 )

Log for day 11/10/2020:

On 10/10/2020 at 11:59 PM, Penguin-keeper said:

Hopefully that will go in your favour. ;)

It shockingly did! It got a score of 90 by doing this weird pose:

spacer.png

I'll admit, I was a little scared when I saw this, but then...

spacer.png

Phew! That should do it!

Then came the competition...

spacer.png  spacer.png

Ok, I guess that's his idea of cute. Who are we to judge?

spacer.png   spacer.png

Uh oh... !

spacer.png

I was relieved as soon as I saw Tarakotchi arrive...

See that grade? Wanna know what pose it did to deserve that? 

spacer.png

...Well, whatever this was supposed to be

And thus, Gaia was the winner of its first ever Beauty tournament. You were definitely right @Penguin-keeper!!

spacer.png

And with that, Gaia is now a crowned Tamagotchi and will deserve its place as an "Honorary member of something" after being resurrected and taken back to its planet, just like my former Hashizoutchi

spacer.png

Check out that crown B) It's gold!  (what do you mean "no it's not" ?!)

From now on, there shouldn't be anything really interesting to say about Gaia. I'm gonna keep it having one tournament every day until it passes away, just to go for a "higher score". 

On to Eternitchi (A.K.A "Tamagotchi PC").

I thought I had to interact with Masktchi's friends 80 times before the "Marriage" option would light up, but then I found a Date Place by messing around in the menus, so I gave it a shot, and Masktchi found an immediate match:

spacer.png

Why yes of course!

The suitor was a certain "Rexitchi". I don't really like him but Masktchi does; that's all that matters right?

spacer.png

After a short while Masktchi lay an egg and it hatched

spacer.png

I named it Sanutchi because it reminded me of a small sesame seed, which in my country is called "Sanuj". Sanutchi is a small Petitchi.

An exact hour later, Sanutchi evolved into a green Hyurutchi

spacer.png

And that's all that happened today. Honestly, trying to get every character for this Eternitchi iteration could take years, even if I raise multiple characters at a time (384 characters? Really?!)

I'll end today's log entry by mentioning that I've timidly started to prepare the programming for my own fan-made Tamagotchi. All I have by now is a few notes and 2 lines of code x) I'm going to start by making only a text-based simulation of a tamagotchi wherein I act as the time-keeper and all it does is eat to fill a Hunger meter. I'll try to include that in my schedule (probably with mediocre success, knowing myself pretty well by now). If the thing gets bigger, maybe I'll start a separate thread elsewhere in here.

Final thing: I'll be trying to upload a progression of my "get every tamagotchi character" quest once per page. I'll try to make it compact and easy to read.

Sorry for the small pictures ... and my long-windedness!

Edited by LucidLyes
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, LucidLyes said:

spacer.png

...Well, whatever this was supposed to be

Oh my. It's proudly showing off its stinky feet. :o

3 hours ago, LucidLyes said:

And thus, Gaia was the winner of its first ever Beauty tournament. You were definitely right @Penguin-keeper!!

Haha, nice to see! :D The game does suggest (in very broken English) that the contest outcomes are influenced by how you've raised the Tamagotchi, so I guess that it makes sense that a better-care character has better odds of winning. :)

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Log for day 12/10/2020:

It never occured to me that the tournaments might probably become tougher as your Tamagotchi wins a lot of them. Today, Gaia has attempted to win the Beauty tournament for a second time, and lost! A Pochitchi participated and won the day!

spacer.png

To be fair, this safari photographer look is a lot less "cute" than this:

spacer.png

This earned him 95 points. The others were like:

spacer.png and spacer.png

(I like the Takochi pose, he's like "I'm soooo beautiful")

And by the way, speaking of very broken english, I hadn't noticed this:

spacer.png

"Entry 2 is winner" lol. So laughter!

Of course Gaia's feelings were hurt

spacer.png

but that's the way of life I guess!

Not much has happened in Eternitchi since I was out all day.

However, I've made a lot of progress in my attempt to program my own Tamagotchi. I've managed to implement a very simplified text-based simulation of the game in Matlab wherein the user enters his/her commands such as "feed" or "play" and the Tamagotchi's meters change accordingly. (Actually only the "feed" option is implemented). They also decrease over time and the tamagotchi can die if it hasn't been fed for a while. It also beeps when it gets hungry. After a short while the tamagotchi evolves from Babytchi to... nothing since it was only a test so far. (Upon evolving the program just stops and you've won basically).

This is what it looks like:

spacer.png

The reason for using Matlab is only that I'm the most proficient at it and I'm aware that it's not a good programming language for creating games (or any standalone app in fact).

Then I made this:

spacer.png

and I stared at it for way longer than a sane mind should, thinking about the many directions of implementation that I could be taking.

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, LucidLyes said:

Of course Gaia's feelings were hurt

spacer.png

but that's the way of life I guess!

Poor Gaia! I definitely have a bias with Pochitchi over Ginjirotchi - but I loved the little safari pose. ;w; You're doing great Gaia!! ;A;

15 minutes ago, LucidLyes said:

This is what it looks like:

spacer.png

The reason for using Matlab is only that I'm the most proficient at it and I'm aware that it's not a good programming language for creating games (or any standalone app in fact).

Then I made this:

spacer.png

and I stared at it for way longer than a sane mind should, thinking about the many directions of implementation that I could be taking.

This looks so cool!!! I'm really excited to see where this goes! :D

Edited by Tamacass
formatting
  • Like 5

19 hours ago, Tamacass said:

This looks so cool!!! I'm really excited to see where this goes! :D

Agreed, A+++ for effort and the willingness to try your hand at something like this. You have a very unique and varied log with lots of variety and not so frequently explored Tamas. Well done! Always an interesting read :) 

• Like 4

On 10/13/2020 at 11:02 AM, Eggiweg said:

I saw this and thought you might be interested.

https://piersbishop.itch.io/pet-house

Hey! I do find this really interesting and will definitely give it a shot. It's crunch time at work currently which is why I haven't logged yesterday but I'll download it as soon as things start to settle down.

13 hours ago, 321Boom said:

Agreed, A+++ for effort and the willingness to try your hand at something like this. You have a very unique and varied log with lots of variety and not so frequently explored Tamas. Well done! Always an interesting read :) 

Thank you very much for the compliment! I hope I'll be able to keep it that way!

LOG FOR DAY 13/10/2020:

So today I decided to go for a Beauty contest once again. I think they're the most interesting because of the goofy faces the contestants do; and they're a way to see something else than your own Tamagotchi for a bit

I thought Gaia had learnt from its mistakes about the weird safari pose...

spacer.png

... but it ended up earning it only 79 points! So the safari pose was actually better than this one in the jury's view!

The next 2 contestants have also learned from their mistakes:

spacer.png  spacer.png

This earned them a really high amount of points (Takotchi Kusatchi managed to earn 59 points!)

Then came Gaia's arch nemesis Pochitchi...

spacer.png

... and thankfully it made the stupidest face one could do at a beauty contest. It only got 33 points. Handsome, pretentiously adorable Pochitchi just got beaten by 3 lower tier tamagotchis... Good!

spacer.png

And so Gaia was happy again.

That's all that happened yesterday. Even this contest I had to squeeze in within a few minutes of rest. I'm really giving Gaia average care since it's become the only tamagotchi I'm raising. Also, part of me is kind of eager for it to die so I can start something else (I'm of the opinion that Tamagotchis become boring when they reach adulthood. As a kid I used to draw these incredibly complex growth charts where the characters evolved something like 7 times and more, and each stage had even more possible characters than the previous one lol).

I have not worked on my "Maturabutchi" (Matlabtchi :p ) project at all. Today's log should be a little longer since I had an evolution on Eternitchi. I'm also obviously going to give the PetHouse suggested by @Eggiweg a try. How can I possibly resist!

That's all for now I think.

• Like 4

Here's a Growth Chart I made for Tamagotchi GB. I didn't find any Tamagotchi GB growth chart on the net that really satisfied me so I decided to make my own. First on Tamatalk.com!

spacer.png

And here are the characters I've obtained so far:

spacer.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Oooh, I love that growth chart! Helps me out a ton because...

Tamagotchi-UE-S-0.png

I've been doing my own run of the game in my spare time! It's been quite fun getting to know this game personally - years and years ago I had it on an emulator but I had no idea what I was doing with it, so to return to it again after years of simply admiring it is something else. I forgot Takotchi was a low-level care character - I love them so much that I didn't even mind!

I was thinking about adding the game to my own log, but I'm the dirty kind of emulation freak - I toggle speed-up and rewind like it's no tomorrow. If I ever get a real cart of the game I might, as I'd actually be taking my time there. XD It's no wonder I got Takotchi!

9 hours ago, LucidLyes said:

spacer.png

And so Gaia was happy again.

GAIA RECLAIMS THEIR GLORY THIS IS ALL I'VE EVER WANTED

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

13 hours ago, LucidLyes said:

Here's a Growth Chart I made for Tamagotchi GB. I didn't find any Tamagotchi GB growth chart on the net that really satisfied me so I decided to make my own. First on Tamatalk.com!

spacer.png

And here are the characters I've obtained so far:

spacer.png

From one Tamagotchi GB fan to another: This is absolutely fantastic work! :D

I'm just curious if this is for the English version or the Japanese version, though? The conditions for obtaining Bill differ between the two.

• Like 4

LOG FOR DAY 14/10/2020:

Today started off with an evolution on the Eternitchi

spacer.png

Hyurutchi evolved into a Hawainotchi. From what I understand, based on Osutchi/Mesutchi explanations, this evolution was a TMP downgrade, meaning I took rather poor care of the Hyurutchi. That's not surprising, I'm often always from my PC and tend to completely forget about Eternitchi.

I sent Sanutchi to see its mom and dad

spacer.png

Look mommy! I grew up!

When you go there the Tamagotchi will play cards with its parents, although I really didn't understand the rules of the game.

I've decided to try and give better care to Sanutchi. I even sent it at school.

spacer.png

The game that increases Logic basically requires you to do mental calculations. I'm good at that, but I think sometimes the operations are a little hard

spacer.png

Dividing by 7 is not fun! (although I then realized this one was relatively easy since it's just (700-7)/7 which gives 100-1=99). I know a lot of tricks to do mental calculations quickly but some of these still take me more than 10 seconds.

Also, the "Logic" meter rises very slowly as you play the games. You'd have to dedicate about 1 or 2 hours to fill it up competely, especially the Logic one (I haven't checked the others so far) since as I've said, the calculations are already pretty challenging.

Not much else has happened. I can't put my finger on why exactly I'm having trouble doing anything interesting with Eternitchi. It's obviously a combination of it requiring to stay in front of the computer for long hours, the fact that I feel lost in all the options and everything to do with it (I only ever had a Classic P2 as a kid!), and the fact that I wasn't able to enlarge the window (I know it's F11 but it doesn't seem to work for me).

------

Today I decided to have Gaia win another Knowledge tournament, which it easily did

spacer.png

So if I remember correctly, that's 3 Math tournament prizes, 2 Beauty tournament prizes, and 1 Race tournament prize. I feel worthless next to Gaia x) 

------

And finally I gave this a try:

spacer.png

There's not much to say about it really. The game boots up with the above screen, then upon pressing A immediately takes you to this screen:

spacer.png

You watch this for a few seconds, and then it hatches into this

spacer.png

And that's when you realise the developer really hasn't completed the game yet because there's no animation for anything, the meters (that you can't see) seem to decrease extremely fast, the pet doesn't move anywhere, and it evolved within 2 minutes of me starting the game. I kept pressing A to feed it/play with it/ hug it (that's the heart icon), and all that happened was a sound effect, and then it evolved. Then I wondered how much time it would take for it to die. I hit the turbo switch on MyOldBoy (it's set at 16x) and within 3 or 4 seconds, it died, so the answer is it would've died within about a minute without the turbo mode.

spacer.png

That was quick!

Still, that's a lot more than I've ever done on the Game Boy (I did do a very little amount of development for it at one point), so kudos to the developer for that.

About my "Matlab de Hakken", I've mostly been arranging the code a bit, so there's not a lot to show except this

spacer.png

It's animated but I'm too lazy to convert the video into a GIF again.

That's all for today! Good day/night!

Edited by LucidLyes
I wasn't done writing!
  • Like 4

39 minutes ago, Penguin-keeper said:

I'm just curious if this is for the English version or the Japanese version, though? The conditions for obtaining Bill differ between the two.

It's for Both. The US version goes directly from Masktchi/Zucchitchi to Bill, but the Japanese version require first getting the oldies. I was too lazy to mention it on the image. (yes I'm that type of person lol).

4 hours ago, Tamacass said:

I was thinking about adding the game to my own log, but I'm the dirty kind of emulation freak - I toggle speed-up and rewind like it's no tomorrow.

HAHAH! I used to be like that. But I realised that playing games this way and playing them legit was 2 completely different experiences.

I do speed-up my Tamagotchi GB run though, to have the in-game clock match up with the current real-life hour.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, LucidLyes said:

spacer.png

It's animated but I'm too lazy to convert the video into a GIF again.

That's all for today! Good day/night!

I am so excited so see what you do with this.

• Like 3