Do I need a second Tamagotchi On?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TamaLey

Reaction score
First off I just want to say hi guys. This is the first topic I've made in like 5 years lol. So I'm going to be getting a Tamagotchi On and I've been doing a lot of research so I don't ask so many common questions. I couldn't find anything about whether I actually need second device a lot. I did see someone mention a location would be unlocked but I was wondering if you unlock everything in the Tamagotchi On you get something special? Because if not then I will probably skip on buying a second one If I'm just missing out on one location. Is there anything else that I'm missing out if I only have one? Also do I have to use the app?

Last edited by a moderator:
Other than the location, you won't miss out on anything. You can use the app to marry other characters (this way you don't need a second device). You can also use a program called MyMeets to create your own custom characters to marry.

https://tamatown.com/downloads/

Someone also released a separate application that can unlock all locations on your device and can switch the twins feature on/off.

www.etsy.com/shop/BoltersLaboratory

Other than the location, you won't miss out on anything. You can use the app to marry other characters (this way you don't need a second device). You can also use a program called MyMeets to create your own custom characters to marry.

https://tamatown.com/downloads/

Someone also released a separate application that can unlock all locations on your device and can switch the twins feature on/off.

Thank you so much for the info!

Wow! Thanks so much for this! I could finally unlock the Sports Plaza, and have twins all the time! :D  Just need to get a BLE dongle FAST! 

Can we use Bluetooth on phones? I should have researched this more. XD
You can use bluetooth on your phone for the official Tamagotchi ON app.

For the Magic Hut listed here (www.etsy.com/shop/BoltersLaboratory), you need to use it through MyMeets which is an unofficial app, which only works on Windows 10 as far as I know.

You can use bluetooth on your phone for the official Tamagotchi ON app.

For the Magic Hut listed here (www.etsy.com/shop/BoltersLaboratory), you need to use it through MyMeets which is an unofficial app, which only works on Windows 10 as far as I know.
So if you don't use mymeets you need the dongle? 

So if you don't use mymeets you need the dongle? 
Just to clarify things a bit more. There are 2 different apps:

-The official Tamagotchi ON app for your phone, which you get from Google Play Store (Android) or App Store (Apple). This is used for meeting other peoples' Tamas online and getting married to them. You have to use your phone's Bluetooth for this one.

-The unofficial MyMeets for Windows 10. This is where you install that Magic Hut we were talking about and send it to your Tama ON with the MyMeets program. This is the one you need the Bluetooth dongle for.

-The official Tamagotchi ON app for your phone, which you get from Google Play Store (Android) or App Store (Apple). This is used for meeting other peoples' Tamas online and getting married to them. You have to use your phone's Bluetooth for this one.

-The unofficial MyMeets for Windows 10. This is where you install that Magic Hut we were talking about and send it to your Tama ON with the MyMeets program. This is the one you need the Bluetooth dongle for.
I see, thanks I get it now!

Is this a good one to use?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/143729474750

In theory it should be good because it states it is BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy), same as what the Tama ON uses. If someone else could confirm this it would be great though cause I've never used one myself (but really plan to with this new Magic Hut inclusion).

In theory it should be good because it states it is BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy), same as what the Tama ON uses. If someone else could confirm this it would be great though cause I've never used one myself (but really plan to with this new Magic Hut inclusion).
That's so weird, I commented you but it didn't post. So let me try again. So I bought it but then panicked because I realized it says it's compatible with the 4.0. So I cancel the order and I'm waiting on that to order the other one. It's much cheaper as well so I won't feel so bad if it doesn't work. That is if the seller refunds me the other one. 😅😅

That's so weird, I commented you but it didn't post. So let me try again. So I bought it but then panicked because I realized it says it's compatible with the 4.0. So I cancel the order and I'm waiting on that to order the other one. It's much cheaper as well so I won't feel so bad if it doesn't work. That is if the seller refunds me the other one. 😅😅
No worries about the post not showing up. Why did you cancel the order? It's good that it's compatible with 4.0 also. Well, as long as you found one for cheaper, it worked out well in the end. Just make sure the new one is Bluetooth Low Energy and 4.0 or more. From Tamatown's MyMeets download page:

'**Requirements: Bluetooth Low Energy Support OR a Bluetooth 4.0 USB Dongle that supports BLE and Windows 10 FULLY UPDATED'

No worries about the post not showing up. Why did you cancel the order? It's good that it's compatible with 4.0 also. Well, as long as you found one for cheaper, it worked out well in the end. Just make sure the new one is Bluetooth Low Energy and 4.0 or more. From Tamatown's MyMeets download page:

'**Requirements: Bluetooth Low Energy Support OR a Bluetooth 4.0 USB Dongle that supports BLE and Windows 10 FULLY UPDATED'
I got worried that the 5.0 wouldn't work but the seller informed me that it is backwards compatible so it should work with 4.0. He wasn't able to give me a refund in time so I'll let you know how it works. I'm so impatient I want it right away LOL. I want Autumn and holiday themes for my Tama.

I got worried that the 5.0 wouldn't work but the seller informed me that it is backwards compatible so it should work with 4.0. He wasn't able to give me a refund in time so I'll let you know how it works. I'm so impatient I want it right away LOL. I want Autumn and holiday themes for my Tama.
Yep, it should work since it's backwards compatible don't worry  :)  Haha, you'll be able to transfer custom themes to your Tama with MyMeets don't worry  ;)  You can even draw your own if you're willing to invest some time into it!

Latest posts

Back