Tamagotchi CD-ROM (1998) Questions

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mizutamatchiman

Reaction score
First time poster, so please correct me if I get anything wrong!

I'm currently running a P2, but on the side I've been messing around with the old CD-ROM game.
There's a surprising lack of information online about it. I'm not sure how time passes, or how long evolutions take. Speaking of evolutions, are there growth charts anywhere?

I'm thinking that I might take it upon myself to log it and figure it out. Anyone else wanna get in on that?

the manual pdf which you can find online (I think I got it from archive.org).
Oh, duh! Why didn't I think to look for that? Answered all my questions.

It seems it runs on a real-time clock, and approx 24 hrs = a year as usual.

Capture.PNG

I was able to find a growth chart on the last page. Looks like you get the baby from either generation at random.

Capture-min.PNG

I'll just drop the link here for anyone that comes in the thread looking for it: https://archive.org/details/manual-tamagotchi-win95/mode/1up

you're welcome

you should check out if your save file remains when you close the app and reboot your computer before putting too much effort and heart into it. On my computer the game would save alright but the save file would be gone if I shut off my laptop

you should check out if your save file remains when you close the app and reboot your computer before putting too much effort and heart into it. On my computer the game would save alright but the save file would be gone if I shut off my laptop
Dang. I probably don't reboot my laptop as often as I should. But my computer updated tonight and rebooted itself.
I thought to check if it kept my save file and... nope. I wonder what the issue is? And if it would happen on a Win95/98 VM? :huh:

probably not obviously, but I didn't try to check out why it does that. maybe you'll find something out. I just remember looking up the problem on google and seeing that most people were complaining about it with no solution, so I just figured it wouldn't just be an easy fix.

Latest posts

Back