mizutamatchiman

Tamagotchi Manga

Recommended Posts

I know there have been quite a few manga series based on Tamagotchi. Were any officially released in English?
Do any of you read scans/scanlations of them online? I'd love to find a website that has them. I haven't looked extensively yet, but I'm sure they're out there.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/26/2020 at 5:16 PM, mizutamatchiman said:

I know there have been quite a few manga series based on Tamagotchi. Were any officially released in English?
Do any of you read scans/scanlations of them online? I'd love to find a website that has them. I haven't looked extensively yet, but I'm sure they're out there.

NoTHING,They Are not released OUTSIDE JAPAN! The anime are also the Same Reason why the Anime isn't released outside of Japan,If you look at my Status to @Timogotchi19 which says that He wants the English Version,you will see @Penguin-keeper saying that Its not outside of Japan because Young People outside of japan (especially the US Market) Is averse to Cute Anime.

 

https://www.tamatalk.com/IB/profile/215410-timogotchi19/?status=83920&type=status

Here is this Truth

Edited by leogames2012
Fixing due to Penguin-Keeper Fixing my Issue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, leogames2012 said:

you will see @Penguin-keeper saying that Its not outside of Japan because Young People outside of japan wont accept Cute Anime.

No, what I said was that the US market is averse to cute anime. There are plenty of people of all ages outside of Japan who do enjoy it, including in the US, but because most dubs of such content are made with attracting a broad US audience in mind, it often means that these things get skipped over, or otherwise altered very heavily*.

*See the animated series based on Aurora World's YooHoo & Friends plush toy line for an example of this - it got converted into a bizarre show about ugly evil corporate executives being transformed into cute animals, with a newly-created character voiced by Flava Flav driving the proceedings. This happened because it was deemed to be too cute and not action-focussed enough for US audiences.

Edited by Penguin-keeper
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Penguin-keeper said:

No, what I said was that the US market is averse to cute anime. There are plenty of people of all ages outside of Japan who do enjoy it, including in the US, but because most dubs of such content are made with attracting a broad US audience in mind, it often means that these things get skipped over, or otherwise altered very heavily*.

*See the animated series based on Aurora World's YooHoo & Friends plush toy line for an example of this - it got converted into a bizarre show about ugly evil corporate executives being transformed into cute animals, with a newly-created character voiced by Flava Flav driving the proceedings. This happened because it was deemed to be too cute and not action-focussed enough for US audiences.

Thanks! I Will edit it!

 

Done.

Edited by leogames2012
Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Similar Content

    • By NotBart
      Is it possible to unlock any of the games on the Tamagotchi Friends without connecting with any other TMGC:Friends? (It's an EU version)
      I'm getting bored of the 2 games I know how to play.
    • By PeteyPiranhasGF
      Hello! 
       
      Recently I've been debating on purchasing a AngelScope virtual pet. Whenever I look up any information on it though, there's very little on it. One being from this site many years ago stating that it's a fortune teller? So I was hoping to make a more recent post on it and see if anyone has anymore information on it! Any bit helps! 
      One of my own personal questions is, what is the purpose of the three holes on the side of it?
       
      Thank you!


    • By GotchiManic
      I’m receiving my entama possibly tomorrow or the next day and I was wondering how long do cr2032’s last in the tamagotchi entama?
    • By Pogostix
      My old purse died an honorable death, but when I tried to revive it as a duct-tape zombie my mother was not impressed and made me buy a new one. The old one closed with velcro, but the new one uses a magnet snap. I know that's safe for smartphones and such, but I didn't stop to think about how that might affect a Tamagotchi.
      I don't really want to experiment with my Tamas and magnets to find out, so I was wondering if anyone here might know? Thanks 
    • By Save_Tamagotchis
      I started out with 60kb, then it was 0.04mb and now its 0.02mb. With it going lower and lower will I just not be able to post pictures anymore?
      Is there a way to put pictures on my log or this site without worrying about file size besides posting the URL to the picture?
    • By charliemunchie
      I have a Magical Green Meets ver. and I just wanna to know how long take to grow up to the adult stage, since my Tamagotchi is in the child stage now. I'm a very impatient guy, so I can't wait too much anyway. 
      Also, I wanna to know if my Meets have an type of problem on it, and I'm afraid to pick the don't-grow problem on it.