A little help in purchasing a purple Some?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eozeda

Reaction score
Hello, I'm new here at the forums but I would love some insight from anyone interested in helping out, and I hope to get more involved soon. Right now I'm looking to "complete" my current collection and it's the one I can't seem to find anywhere anymore. šŸ˜° I realize it's asking a lot but is anyone in the community able to point me in the right direction, or is in the market to sell to another heartbroken collector? My collection will never be complete of course, but it's at the top of my current wishlist, and it would make me so happy to find one. I live in the United States which makes it a bit more difficult too. Thank you to all who read and respond! šŸ˜Š

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello there and welcome to TamaTalk! :) Ā 

I found this on eBay:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bandai-Tamagotchi-SOME-TMGC-Korean-Meets-Magical-Purple-White-Fairy-Pink-Blue-/392604748152?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292

Unfortunately the purple version is not available but if you keep searching on eBay you might find it. Thereā€™s also Facebook group for tamagotchi collectors they could also help you finding what you want.
Thanks and hello! That's actually the listing I bought my fairy blue and strap from that's still on its way!Ā šŸ˜ƒĀ I'm so excited about it. But yes, unfortunately the seller told me they won't be restocking because they can't anymore. I'm so very sad about it. I'm one of those weirdos that doesn't have a facebook actually, or I might have checked there, because it's a good idea. Lol.

That gave me the thought toĀ peek around the marketplace side. Although some things interested me, I didn't have any luck with the Korean magic version. I'm still at the stage of collecting theĀ newer models,Ā where I convince myself that "if I just find this one the collection is perfect" but it's a hard lesson it teaches.Ā šŸ˜†Ā 

That gave me the thought toĀ peek around the marketplace side. Although some things interested me, I didn't have any luck with the Korean magic version. I'm still at the stage of collecting theĀ newer models,Ā where I convince myself that "if I just find this one the collection is perfect" but it's a hard lesson it teaches.Ā šŸ˜†Ā 
They are indeed hard to find unlike the Meets and ON. Facebook groupsĀ could help you especially that some people can get it for you and then send it to you. I actually made a Facebook accountĀ so I can get the tamasĀ I want! :) Ā 

They are indeed hard to find unlike the Meets and ON. Facebook groupsĀ could help you especially that some people can get it for you and then send it to you. I actually made a Facebook accountĀ so I can get the tamasĀ I want! :) Ā 
That would be amazing if someone was able to help and it gives me some encouragement, so I appreciate that! It looks it might be possible for someone with an address in Asia that Shoppee can ship to, because one of the sellers on that site has the purple Some listed. They don't ship out for US addresses to my great disappointment. šŸ˜­ I love the idea of making a Facebook account to get obscure tamas. Lol!

It looks it might be possible for someone with an address in Asia that Shoppee can ship to, because one of the sellers on that site has the purple Some listed. They don't ship out for US addresses to my great disappointment.
You could use a proxy service. You ship your items to them, and they ship it to you:Ā https://www.expatkidskorea.com/listing/buying-services-korea

I do this all the time with stuff from Japan from sellers/online shopsĀ that don't ship internationally :) Ā 

You could use a proxy service. You ship your items to them, and they ship it to you:Ā https://www.expatkidskorea.com/listing/buying-services-korea

I do this all the time with stuff from Japan from sellers/online shopsĀ that don't ship internationally :) Ā 
Thanks for the link and it's helpful to see that it has plenty of options. If there's some chance you are familiar with Shopee, do you have any advice on how to validate my phone number? It rejects my US number in addition to the address, so if I'd use a proxy address, I still appear to be stuck in the checkout.

Hmm, I really wish I could try that because it's a very good idea, and I might check out that option in the future. This is the one I managed to come across and I hope it's allowed to share the link. I'd just like to know if others think the site is working or if it's not worth pursuing.

https://shopee.sg/Toy-Bandai-Tamagotchi-Some-4-Colors-(Korean-Version)-Game-Toy-Gift-i.68855171.5334572241

Thanks for the link and it's helpful to see that it has plenty of options. If there's some chance you are familiar with Shopee, do you have any advice on how to validate my phone number? It rejects my US number in addition to the address, so if I'd use a proxy address, I still appear to be stuck in the checkout.
Unfortunately I do not have any experience with Shopee and validating the phone number. Certain proxy services I used in the past, you just give them the link and they do the whole checkout themselves, that's a way of getting around having to validate your own numberĀ  ;)

Unfortunately I do not have any experience with Shopee and validating the phone number. Certain proxy services I used in the past, you just give them the link and they do the whole checkout themselves, that's a way of getting around having to validate your own numberĀ  ;)
I believe I found one service just like that, and it's Singapore based! Hopefully the Shopee Singapore site accepts their info and it's an accurate listing, because it's almost too good to be true. I'm sure anyone here can understand that anxious feeling. šŸ˜„ The service I'm probably going to go through is ForwardBuy. Apparently, they have a photo request added service when it arrives at their warehouse, so I can be 100% certain it's real. I'm such a worry wart. Lol..

I believe I found one service just like that, and it's Singapore based! Hopefully the Shopee Singapore site accepts their info and it's an accurate listing, because it's almost too good to be true. I'm sure anyone here can understand that anxious feeling. šŸ˜„ The service I'm probably going to go through is ForwardBuy. Apparently, they have a photo request added service when it arrives at their warehouse, so I can be 100% certain it's real. I'm such a worry wart. Lol..
Awesome! Fingers crossed that it will all work out in the end :) Ā Haha yeah, I know that feeling, I'm quite a worry wart too, especially when trying something new, but these services are quite professional :) Ā (they want to make money at the end of the day). That's really neat of them to also provide a photo service, eases your mind a bit more till the actual item arrives to your place.

Good luck! Hope you get your Tama soon! :D Ā 

Awesome! Fingers crossed that it will all work out in the end :) Ā Haha yeah, I know that feeling, I'm quite a worry wart too, especially when trying something new, but these services are quite professional :) Ā (they want to make money at the end of the day). That's really neat of them to also provide a photo service, eases your mind a bit more till the actual item arrives to your place.

Good luck! Hope you get your Tama soon! :D Ā 
Oh bummer!! It was out of stock when the service contacted them. I suppose all I can do now is keep asking around and stay hopeful. I just really hate to pester people, and your guys support has been so sweet to a newbie like me, so hopefully I can share good news with everyone here someday. If one crops up somewhere or in a Facebook group I hope you'll keep me in mind. You would be my hero. šŸ˜ŒšŸ˜‡

Oh bummer!! It was out of stock when the service contacted them. I suppose all I can do now is keep asking around and stay hopeful.
Awww man!! That really is a shameĀ  :( Ā Sucks looking forward to something so much and not getting it fulfilledĀ šŸ˜¢Ā Hopefully you'll find another site that will have one up for sale soon! :) Ā Persistence and constant checking is key!

I just really hate to pester people, and your guys support has been so sweet to a newbie like me, so hopefully I can share good news with everyone here someday.
You're not pestering anyone, we're all like-minded people here who share the same hobby. We love talking about our Tamas and helping others with them ^_^ Ā Really hoping you get your hands on one soon. I know what that anticipation is like (especially when I was hunting for and ordered my ON, and finding a new and sealed Music Star), I was so nervous till I know for a fact that my order was 100% confirmed x_X (and shipping delays due to COVID don't make the process any easier)

I genuinely found one!!!! It's in Singapore but on a site where people sell secondhand and can arrange meetups. The seller only wants to do a meetup though... I'm checking to see if Forwardbuy will arrange this but I doubt it. *sob*

They actually gave two public locations they're willing to deliver in person at, but I have no idea what to do from here. I wish I could pay a proxy shopper or service to help me, but they would have to be local, so there's my major dilemma again. Jeez, the great lengths we will go through to find the tama of our dreams. Lol..... Like myĀ heart is literally fluttering at the possibility?

I genuinely found one!!!! It's in Singapore but on a site where people sell secondhand and can arrange meetups. The seller only wants to do a meetup though... I'm checking to see if Forwardbuy will arrange this but I doubt it. *sob*
I've heard of proxy services going in person to shops which are close by for them to obtain the item that the customer requests, but never heard of them meeting sellers for pickups. Only way to know is to contact them by email and explain your situation. Try with more than one forwarder, hopefully you will find one that will be lenient in doing this for you! (some offer more dedicated service than others). You've put a lot of effort into this, so fingers crossed that it all works out!Ā  :D

They actually gave two public locations they're willing to deliver in person at, but I have no idea what to do from here. I wish I could pay a proxy shopper or service to help me, but they would have to be local, so there's my major dilemma again. Jeez, the great lengths we will go through to find the tama of our dreams. Lol..... Like myĀ heart is literally fluttering at the possibility?
Yep, that's understandable, we will go to great lengths to get anything that we really deem precious. Haha ohhh yeah, I get that fluttering all the time when I'm hunting for something, especially when I know that I could be close to obtaining it!

I've heard of proxy services going in person to shops which are close by for them to obtain the item that the customer requests, but never heard of them meeting sellers for pickups. Only way to know is to contact them by email and explain your situation. Try with more than one forwarder, hopefully you will find one that will be lenient in doing this for you! (some offer more dedicated service than others). You've put a lot of effort into this, so fingers crossed that it all works out!Ā  :D
Omg I won't believe it until it's safely here, but I got an email from the forwarder this morning!!! Apparently they were able to contact the seller and arrange a meet on the 26th, and since they'reĀ ahead of me by nearly a day,Ā it feels even closer to reality. The seller has even removed the listing or it's been paid for (however the siteĀ works) so I feel even more reassured.Ā šŸ„³šŸ˜­Ā I literally can't believe this is happening. I'm grateful to everyone here gaveĀ such good ideas and encouragement to keep up the search. Thank you all and I can't wait to give the update when it hopefullyĀ arrives. Lol I sound like a pessimist but I can't jinx it now!

In the meantime I plan to lurk the forums and daze post a bit. I've been so consumed with the search and the sad twingesĀ that I've not let myself enjoy browsing around. I'm so very happy to meet you all!!Ā  :tarakotchi:

Omg I won't believe it until it's safely here, but I got an email from the forwarder this morning!!! Apparently they were able to contact the seller and arrange a meet on the 26th, and since they'reĀ ahead of me by nearly a day,Ā it feels even closer to reality. The seller has even removed the listing or it's been paid for (however the siteĀ works) so I feel even more reassured.Ā šŸ„³šŸ˜­Ā I literally can't believe this is happening. I'm grateful to everyone here gaveĀ such good ideas and encouragement to keep up the search. Thank you all and I can't wait to give the update when it hopefullyĀ arrives. Lol I sound like a pessimist but I can't jinx it now!

In the meantime I plan to lurk the forums and daze post a bit. I've been so consumed with the search and the sad twingesĀ that I've not let myself enjoy browsing around. I'm so very happy to meet you all!!Ā  :tarakotchi:
YAY that's AWESOME!!!Ā  :D :lol: Ā Really hope you receive it soon then!!Ā  :D Ā Everything looks like it's going well since the listing has also been removed by the seller!Ā  :D Ā 

Enjoy your stay here at TamaTalk! It's a lovely place here with lots of nice people, you should feel right at home!Ā  ^_^

Congratulations on the acquisition, and I hope that receiving it all goes smoothly!

Please do enjoy your time here. It looks like you've had a most excellent introduction to the community, already! :)

Congratulations on the acquisition, and I hope that receiving it all goes smoothly!

Please do enjoy your time here. It looks like you've had a most excellent introduction to the community, already! :)
Thank you so much!!! It is a wonderful feeling to be able to share. If someone else comes along desperate for a Some again, I'm happy to join their hunt as well.Ā  :lol:

Hey guys just a quick update, ā€“ everything went smoothly at the meetup with the seller, and ForwardBuy (hope it's okay to mention as they've proven trustworthy so far) have provided tracking that shows it shipped on the 27th. Looks like it's already departing CA right now and is scheduled to arrive on the 30th!!! Gosh so fast, and I'm bursting with excitement about it. I suppose this means next update will be arrival!!Ā šŸ„³ļæ¼ļæ¼ļæ¼ļæ¼ļæ¼ļæ¼

Latest posts

Back