Which Tama Nano would you say is most interesting?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eozeda

Reaction score
I have a few I'm curious about, such as Jordy that has 6 games, but what other Nanos seem to be the most unique or featured in your opinion? I was able to collect the Eevee gotchis when they were cheaper, yet lately I've wanted to pick up one for casual play.

In general how's your Nano wishlist looking?  :hitodetchi:

I’m not a big fan of Nanos but I think the ones that look interesting the most based on people’s reactions are Pac-Man and Sanrio versions. These are the only two versions I’ve seen people enjoying and talk about them ever since they were released. I think it has a lot to do with the characters and the animation for each version.

Currently I’m not planning to get any Nano but if Bandai decided to do a collaboration with Disney one day and they particularly added Stitch into the game I will take it with no hesitation!  :D  

200.gif

I’m not a big fan of Nanos but I think the ones that look interesting the most based on people’s reactions are Pac-Man and Sanrio versions. These are the only two versions I’ve seen people enjoying and talk about them ever since they were released. I think it has a lot to do with the characters and the animation for each version.

Currently I’m not planning to get any Nano but if Bandai decided to do a collaboration with Disney one day and they particularly added Stitch into the game I will take it with no hesitation!  :D  

200.gif
Yes I agree... It's so hard for me to justify buying one, unless it's very affordable or somehow desirable enough.  :(  Oh no what have you done – I'd cry for a Stitch Tama, especially if they incorporated some of his cousins into it!! That would be just amazing. Idk how exactly given that he doesn't evolve into them.  :huh:

Granted it's my only Nano so far, but my favourite one has to be the Pac-Man one - I think that it works well because it makes use of an incredibly iconic character, and includes references and nods that hardcore long-time fans and those less familiar with Pac-Man will both get. It's got a lot of personality. :)

As for ones that don't exist, I'd love to see one based on HAL Laboratory and Nintendo's Kirby franchise (whose 30th anniversary is next year) - perhaps you could get different Copy Abilities, in place of the typical evolutions from Tamagotchi devices? :D

Granted it's my only Nano so far, but my favourite one has to be the Pac-Man one - I think that it works well because it makes use of an incredibly iconic character, and includes references and nods that hardcore long-time fans and those less familiar with Pac-Man will both get. It's got a lot of personality. :)

As for ones that don't exist, I'd love to see one based on HAL Laboratory and Nintendo's Kirby franchise (whose 30th anniversary is next year) - perhaps you could get different Copy Abilities, in place of the typical evolutions from Tamagotchi devices? :D
How in the world have they not done a Kirby?? That's genius. :eek:  It really gets me so excited and sad at the same time that it's not happened. They aren't strangers to Nintendo so we may actually see that one someday~

It would bring a huge new wave of fans from worldwide, wouldn't it? All my love for regular Tama, but I do love the idea of the franchise having another foreign market boost, if it promises new color types and nostalgic second releases. It sure seems to be the main tactic of Nanos.

How in the world have they not done a Kirby?? That's genius. :eek:  It really gets me so excited and sad at the same time that it's not happened. They aren't strangers to Nintendo so we may actually see that one someday~
Here's hoping, since the anniversary next year feels like a good time for it. :) (And thankyou! :) )

It sure seems to be the main tactic of Nanos.
I guess that's an advantage of the Nanos being the supplementary and simple side-releases - they can afford to be a bit more experimental with the content (though not necessarily always the actual gameplay - for example, the Pac-Man and Hello Kitty versions sound like they're just re-skins of the same thing), since they're not the front-and-centre main offerings.

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually haven't opened my Evatchi, since the US release is in a few months, but I think that one is really cool. For starters, I'm an Evangelion fan, and what I have seen based off pics and videos is that the animations are references from the series/movies. Those are really nice, especially because there are various animations and are pretty iconic, such as Shinji and Kaworu playing the piano. The creatures you raise are the angels, which are actually the antagonists of the series, so it gives a whole new spin to them. For a bad death screen, the Eva unit, who terminated that specific angel, will appear on the screen, and I think that's a really neat throwback to the series. I wish it could have let you raise the human cast like the demon slayer one, but it's okay since they appear in the animations. The device is just filled with references, the snack to feed are angels are watermelons, and one of the characters has a watermelon patch so I liked that. It's a must get if you are an Evangelion fan.

I actually haven't opened my Evatchi, since the US release is in a few months, but I think that one is really cool. For starters, I'm an Evangelion fan, and what I have seen based off pics and videos is that the animations are references from the series/movies. Those are really nice, especially because there are various animations and are pretty iconic, such as Shinji and Kaworu playing the piano. The creatures you raise are the angels, which are actually the antagonists of the series, so it gives a whole new spin to them. For a bad death screen, the Eva unit, who terminated that specific angel, will appear on the screen, and I think that's a really neat throwback to the series. I wish it could have let you raise the human cast like the demon slayer one, but it's okay since they appear in the animations. The device is just filled with references, the snack to feed are angels are watermelons, and one of the characters has a watermelon patch so I liked that. It's a must get if you are an Evangelion fan.
That does sound like a really cool concept taking care of antagonist angels! Lol. I know nothing of the series but I find that interesting. I love how the company usually makes an attempt to connect the devices to series references instead of just slapping designs on tamas and calling it good. Sure, die hard collectors might still bite, but it has no soul at that level. That's why I hope they can continue to release new nanos just to see the creative features they come up with.  :)

Side note: Has anyone actually managed to purchase a Jordy? Being the nano seemingly with the most games, it caught my interest. However, scalpers are making serious bank on it right now. That thing goes for roughly $25 in Korea -- even less on seller meetup sites, yet scalpers are selling it for around $75 on western sites. Then if you want the cute chonky case, it's at least $100+! Makes me so mad and bummed.  :angry:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back