Good news TamaTalkers, well still need to be confirmed! ;)

I found this information in a tamagotchi Facebook group called “Tamagotchi Collectors” and apparently Bandai is planning to release a new western exclusive tamagotchi. The name is “Tamagotchi Pix”. They are listed in Amazon Spain, Italy and UK so far and are available for pre-orders. It is stated that it will be released on 31/8/2021. 

The price is roughly $100 USD / £71.76 GBP

the description below was translated from Amazon Spain website:

“The little animal of the 90s has evolved well. Keeping the basics of the original, the new generation tamagotchi offers more features, stories and games for fun. A color screen, a camera that connects the tamagotchi to the real world, and touch keys. All these new features for more interactions, excitement and fun. Thanks to its integrated social network, the tama social, you can visit your friends, share photos and make virtual gifts. Accompany them throughout their life by choosing the starting egg (cute, intelligent, creative). Depending on your egg and the activities you do, you will have a job as an adult that suits your life. Tamagotchi Pix available in various colors.”

Here’s a picture of it:

9-A17-AB0-A-76-F5-44-A4-B1-FB-022-D33-A5

What do you guys think? ^_^

Source: https://www.facebook.com/groups/TamagotchiCollectors/?ref=share

Edited by iTamannadi
  • Like 7

It’s on Amazon uk too, I have the link here.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08TK5TKTQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_imm_t1_ZgXcGb9EJ9308

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

darn, i tried making a topic about this in the rumors section but looks like you beat me to it! im really excited for this new version, specifically the camera function. i have no idea how well itll actually work considering the smallness of the tamagotchi, but i love when they try new innovated things like this! im pumped for it! 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, PurplePyonkotchi00! said:

im really excited for this new version, specifically the camera function. i have no idea how well itll actually work considering the smallness of the tamagotchi, but i love when they try new innovated things like this!

This is definitely something interesting I can’t wait to find more about the new functions and interactions. I don’t like the faceplate of the device though, I hope they’re still not done with the designs and the final product faceplate would be different . :) 

• Like 3

It's nice to see a new Western-exclusive colour version (that's a first!), and even nicer to see that the UK will get this one, since we didn't get the Tamagotchi On. :) However, this one's not aimed at people like me, I suspect - I have no interest in social-media, and the description makes it sound like something of that nature will be a key component of the device (unlike the Tamagotchi Meets/On, where the app was an optional outside extra). It also seems odd to me that it doesn't have actual buttons.

On the plus side, I really like the shells for these - they look very 1990s-influenced, both in terms of the plastics and the designs on the faceplates. I think that the blue one is more visually-interesting than the pink, though.

Also: Calling @Naze77 and @hwd45, who were trying to get to the bottom of the regulatory filings about this one in another thread. ;)

Edited by Penguin-keeper
  • Like 6

Super excited for this! ☺️
The only thing I’m not sure of is having touch buttons.. I like the normal buttons *sulk* lol 

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Penguin-keeper said:

Also: Calling @Naze77 and @hwd45, who were trying to get to the bottom of the regulatory filings about this one in another thread. ;)

I'm laughing quite a lot about how off I was in some respects, yet how close I was in others. If it were a Japanese release it probably would have been a much earlier release, but I did have a sneaking suspicion that we'd need to wait a bit longer if it turned out to be an international release:

Here's something curious - the only international model here was one with a particularly long cycle, and another case of the design patent being out before the release or the announcement, unlike the Japanese models. It's been nearly four months since the new version first had its trademark claimed, so about 3-4 months until release makes sense, but I'll note that this is much more in line with the Tama-Go than with any of the Japanese versions. Maybe a hint at an international release after all? But we'll see.

Either way it looks like it's still around a month before an announcement and probably three months before release.

Exactly a month before the "announcement", it would seem!

A leak detailing this release from a few months ago actually mentions a May announcement and August release. Given how far off May is I'd be surprised if we were waiting that long for an announcement, but I still guess we're not going to see any official word on what this release is for quite a while.

• Like 5

The Pix sure is pretty~ :) 

Welp, I would be very perplexed/happy if I saw it in a local Toys R Us.

(Off topic?) Like I said last time, Tamas actually seemed to be trending here because yesterday i was looking at tamas on one of the Malaysian e-commerce sites and I saw the (possibly) first Connection ever listed :P It was a v5 Famitama listed for RM119, rather tempting.. Is that a good price?

Edited by Tacoburritotchi
  • Like 5

6 hours ago, PurplePyonkotchi00! said:

im really excited for this new version, specifically the camera function. i have no idea how well itll actually work considering the smallness of the tamagotchi, but i love when they try new innovated things like this! im pumped for it! 

I wonder if the camera is actually underneath the top cover. Although, the only versions that had removable tops were the Osutchi and Mesutchi and they bothered to add a metal rings connected by the key chain loop to prevent the top from getting lost. Maybe it's just ornamental then. Because the buttons are probably a touch screen, I wonder if the whole display can turn into a camera screen.

While the shell design is very eye-catching and follows the egg motif, I'm with iTamannadi that the faceplates are uggo. The ombré and the generic shapes make it look like a knockoff since knockoffs are known to reuse or imitate existing elements. PurplePyonkotchi00!'s topic has pictures of the other shells:

8 hours ago, PurplePyonkotchi00! said:

Only the purple one is decent to me - although it still looks very lacking. I think the coloured shapes with a white line going through them are supposed to be metallic, so that does make the design a little better but still doesn't remove the "homemade in a bad way" vibe. I feel it really doesn't stand up to the designs of past devices, even including the Plus Colour which just left the faceplate section white.

3 hours ago, Penguin-keeper said:

However, this one's not aimed at people like me, I suspect - I have no interest in social-media, and the description makes it sound like something of that nature will be a key component of the device (unlike the Tamagotchi Meets/On, where the app was an optional outside extra).

I sure hope it's not that extensive since I, too, am not a fan of social media - heck, I have a Tumblr and an Instagram account just to stalk people browse. I also don't really have an  compatible phone available.

8 hours ago, iTamannadi said:

Accompany them throughout their life by choosing the starting egg (cute, intelligent, creative). Depending on your egg and the activities you do, you will have a job as an adult that suits your life.

Judging by the standard characters on the package and this description, it sounds like they're nixing the gene-mixing and partially taking up the job system again.

• Like 5

I have... many thoughts about this - I remember the leak and already feeling wary of the shell design, and even now the Pix gives me a really cheap vibe? I agree with the bootleg vibes some of you are getting. I'm not sure why, pessimism aside about original western Tamagotchi releases. :( At least it's in colour this time! Yay. I do actually like the designs of the faceplates, except for the separated crack segment up the top with the google docs-looking 'tamagotchi' font. It would be a good place for the camera though - now that I think about it, how will this device even be able to process a camera considering how small it is?? I mean, small-sized digital cameras for kids have been around since the early 2000's (the 90's if you count the legendary Gameboy Camera!), but still. The packaging + its mix of Connection-era and Modern-era artwork, even though its the same art style, kills me inside - but that's only because I fret about these kinds of aesthetic continuities, oops.

4 hours ago, Penguin-keeper said:

However, this one's not aimed at people like me, I suspect - I have no interest in social-media, and the description makes it sound like something of that nature will be a key component of the device (unlike the Tamagotchi Meets/On, where the app was an optional outside extra).

I feel the same! I really don't care for social media... but thinking about it, the picture part is cute for novelty's sake. This is the closest I can get to my virtual 32x32 sprite sheet, leave me alone. I also like how jobs are implied to be returning - that was one of my favourite features on the V4, which is my favourite Tamagotchi! (hopefully the minigame aspect will be there, as opposed to the rational choice of having a cute animation and a photo-op). Choosing from an egg reminds me of the Friends, down to the number you can choose as well. Interesting...

I'm not sure about the lack of buttons but hey, at least I won't have to worry about them refusing to respond (unless the touchpad stops responding... oh no). A part of me is excited, but a part of me also feels like this could possibly be a very watered-down Tamagotchi... toy, if that makes sense. I'm sure this is all irrational, new releases always get me feeling this way. Hopefully I'll be able to get excited about this as well in due time! I still think the most exciting part is how it's a western-exclusive colour Tamagotchi - hey, if it's cheap, maybe I'll be able to pick it up as opposed to having to import the ON! Then again... I'll probably have to import this version too. XD Time to wait and see!

• Like 5

On 1/23/2021 at 8:09 AM, Tamacass said:

I'm not sure about the lack of buttons but hey, at least I won't have to worry about them refusing to respond (unless the touchpad stops responding... oh no). A part of me is excited, but a part of me also feels like this could possibly be a very watered-down Tamagotchi... toy, if that makes sense

Buttons are a classic tamagotchi concept I hope it’s not true that they would change that. :( 

I’m exactly feeling like how you are feeling, excited and worried at the same time because of the camera function this is something new and I’m afraid it will have to depend on something else for people to be able to enjoy it fully! What I’m loving about is they brought the jobs system back which reminds me one of my favorite versions V4! :lol:

I can’t wait and see more information about it in the future. :) 

Edited by iTamannadi
  • Like 5

9 hours ago, Tamacass said:

I do actually like the designs of the faceplates, except for the separated crack segment up the top with the google docs-looking 'tamagotchi' font. It would be a good place for the camera though - now that I think about it, how will this device even be able to process a camera considering how small it is?? I mean, small-sized digital cameras for kids have been around since the early 2000's (the 90's if you count the legendary Gameboy Camera!), but still. 

That's a very apt description of the font. I forget to mention that I don't like it either since instead of complementing the sleek, modern look, it just looks lazy. Lazy, of course, seems so much more bootleg. I just checked the font style on my V3 and it was drawn in a scratchy style while the On uses a cursive font. In contrast, the Gudetama nano's font is allot more simplistic but even it has more variety than the Pix as it varies letter size and is very rounded. The 4U's is all uppercase, the Plus Colour is bold and cartoonish, the Dream Town is pseudo-cursive, and the P2 is scratchy and varies. In comparing the Pix to past models, it's font choice seems even more lazy. Typography is a pretty interesting artistic area so the fact they went with such a simple font seems underdeveloped and disappointing (I also didn't realize until I did this how the font style is a charming little detail). It is worth noting that some of the Japanese models don't even bother with adding a name while it's a standard practice for English releases.

Your comment about the camera made me realize that the pictures of children used on top of the Pix's screens are supposed to indicate the camera quality. Thus - unless this is false advertising - the pictures will only fit the screen size. Of course, the promotional photos really tell us nothing about the camera qualitity because they are totally photoshopped. Chances as are that unless people have a studio, the pictures are going to turn out all sludgy since indoor lighting stinks.

I wonder if the camera feature is going to kick out another feature from the menu. Or, like the screen capture photo feature on the actual Meets and On, if it will be tucked into a menu.

If the Pix's top half isn't removable, it might attract grime like crazy.

9 hours ago, Tamacass said:

(hopefully the minigame aspect will be there, as opposed to the rational choice of having a cute animation and a photo-op).

I'm not sure about the lack of buttons but hey, at least I won't have to worry about them refusing to respond (unless the touchpad stops responding... oh no). 

A colour Tamagotchi without minigames would be terrible. If they really wanted to make a cheap colour, they could just go back to the Dream Town's attraction-style locations and changing resturant menu. Until we get to see a video ad or more promos, it's hard to tell how much they are altering the concept.

I never thought of the maintance problems with the design. With a reguar tama, it can be just opened up and the button contacts cleaned. This one might not have the option but perhaps the touch screen wont become unresponsiveness (the only faulty touchscreen I experienced was with a bootleg DS Lite, which was faulty from the start).

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Knighttchi's Ballad said:

The ombré and the generic shapes make it look like a knockoff since knockoffs are known to reuse or imitate existing elements.

11 hours ago, Tamacass said:

I remember the leak and already feeling wary of the shell design, and even now the Pix gives me a really cheap vibe? I agree with the bootleg vibes some of you are getting.

oh yeah i definitely agree (also ignore the topic i posted, it didnt get approved before this topic did, so its basically a repeat of whats being said here oops). seeing the picture at first glance made me think it was one of those knock off color tama qpets

qpet3.png.89fa47e4cc3660a5ff70ed4522ee296c.png

still though, i kinda like the aesthetics of it. im just curious about how cheap the camera function is gonna be, right now its giving me gameboy camera vibes 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Knighttchi's Ballad said:

If the Pix's top half isn't removable, it might attract grime like crazy.

I wonder if it's a camera button? That would be odd considering the lack of the traditional A, B, and C trio, though...

A colour Tamagotchi without minigames would be terrible.

One thing's for sure, with the touch-panel instead of buttons, they won't be able to have any button-mashing games like the Meets has!

Until we get to see a video ad or more promos, it's hard to tell how much they are altering the concept.

I just hope that they don't mispronounce Tamagotchi as "Tamma-go-chee", like they did in all of the Tamagotchi On ads. :P

Just now, PurplePyonkotchi00! said:

(also ignore the topic i posted, it didnt get approved before this topic did, so its basically a repeat of whats being said here oops)

I'm really sorry about that! :( I didn't have the time to come here until quite late, yesterday!

Edited by Penguin-keeper
  • Like 5

30 minutes ago, PurplePyonkotchi00! said:

(also ignore the topic i posted, it didnt get approved before this topic did, so its basically a repeat of whats being said here oops).

Not completely, as iTamannadi didn't have pictures of the green and purple shell. If you had posted in the same sub-forum, the topics would have been merged and I can see why you posted it where you did.

seeing the picture at first glance made me think it was one of those knock off color tama qpets

qpet3.png.89fa47e4cc3660a5ff70ed4522ee296c.png

I can't see the picture. If the picture is from another website, you could add it just as a link.

still though, i kinda like the aesthetics of it.

The more I stare at them, the more I'm getting used to their look. However, they still seem very subdued unless the ombré is actually reflective (I'm using the accent mark because without the accent, it refers to a card game instead :puroperatchi:).

30 minutes ago, Penguin-keeper said:

I wonder if it's a camera button? That would be odd considering the lack of the traditional A, B, and C trio, though...

One thing's for sure, with the touch-panel instead of buttons, they won't be able to have any button-mashing games like the Meets has!

Oh, so you can just press it down at the top to take a photo. That'd be a nice gimmick and probably lead to some kid repeatedly mashing it and there'd be a whole lot of Pix's down the road that couldn't take pictures. If this is true, I know some people - the mint condition collectors - would get so paranoid about breaking it that they probably wouldn't use it. I'm basing that angle of the reaction to the Motchimaruzu Hamster which caused some people to strip off the soft, silicone hamster skin and just play with its "skeletal" form because they heard the rubber wore off.

Ah ha, I've gotten allot better at button mashers since my practice with the mysterious Keitai connection minigames - even beating my brother who is a button mashing king - but I wouldn't mind seeing those games go. I prefer the game mechanics are unique rather than the controls.

I just hope that they don't mispronounce Tamagotchi as "Tamma-go-chee", like they did in all of the Tamagotchi On ads. :P

That's... actually how it supposed to be pronounced. If you assume that the Japanese pronunciation is the true canon because it came first and it's a Japanese word, then it should be "tama-go-chee" (apparently the character with the "tchi" in it has a silent "t"). If you're going with the localized - or the dubbed XD - version is canon, then the pronunciation should be treated as the English norm. I've shown my tamas to my Japanese ESL students and they all have been inclined to pronouncing it "tama-go-chee" and have only changed how they said it when I called it by the "dub name". I would have gone along with the Japanese pronunciation with them but both are equally acceptable and I didn't feel like changing. 

On a side note, I was going to add how we were starting to post like we were in the same timezone but it seems to always take me half an hour to reply :angry:

Edited by Knighttchi's Ballad
  • Like 4

Well apparently france is not concerned... I am curious to discover what they mean when then said that the social part is in the device (no app?)

I see that they really thougt about making boys and girls designs. (Some reproched that the on was too girly. Thats the case of every color tamagotchi...)

The price is really really high so I hope they improved. On the On the memory is really small, and i dont mentionned the animations or the lag in the menu. Nor the fact that if you want to buy meal and snack to a location, you must go twice.

The release date is bizarre. End of August, so end of the summer hollyday in europe? Parents must buy school stuff at that time. And they spend money during the vacations. And did teacher will allow child to feed them tamas in class? They already have to fight against smartphone... A release in june or before christmas would have been better. No one want to spent big amount of money in late August...

5 hours ago, Penguin-keeper said:

Hope that they don't mispronounce Tamagotchi as "Tamma-go-chee", like they did in all of the Tamagotchi On ads. :P

In fact english speakers pronounce it wrong. French and japanese are way more simple to speak. We don't mix voyel sound. So it's ta (with the the a of papa or mama), ma ( with the a of mama) go (like the verbe go) and tchi ( like the beginning of cheese without the se)

Edited by Penguin-keeper
Merged multi-posting.
  • Like 2

Dang, the pic is showing up on my end. idk why its not for anyone else. the pic was from this qpet unboxing video, so you can see what i mean: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjZiqHwNPJU

The info i got was from the tamagotchi wiki twitter blog, theres a small thread here: https://twitter.com/TamagotchiWiki/status/1352677585696780292

If that top part is actually a button then that'd definitely suck for me, i got mad butterfingers and drop my tamas all the time lol 

• Like 2