4 hours ago, Knighttchi's Ballad said:

That's... actually how it supposed to be pronounced.

4 hours ago, Naze77 said:

In fact english speakers pronounce it wrong. French and japanese are way more simple to speak. We don't mix voyel sound. So it's ta (with the the a of papa or mama), ma ( with the a of mama) go (like the verbe go) and tchi ( like the beginning of cheese without the se)

The word "Tamagotchi" is a portmanteau of the Japanese "tamago" and the English "watch", with the "gotch" part intended to rhyme with "watch".

The small "つ" (tsu) in "たまごっち" ("Tamagotchi" in hiragana, but this also applies to katakana as well) indicates a very brief "break" in the middle of the word that changes the sound of it. Accordingly, per the IPA note on the Tamagotchi Wikipedia page, the correct pronunciation is "Tam-a-gotch-ee" for English speakers (where the "i" is not silent) or "Tam-a-gotch" (where "gotch" rhymes with "watch") in the original Japanese.

I do speak and read a little Japanese, and part of its charm is that hiragana and katakana are their own pronunciation-guide. :)

5 hours ago, Knighttchi's Ballad said:

(apparently the character with the "tchi" in it has a silent "t")

The "i" is silent, not the "t". ;) (I know it throws people to find out that names like "Takahashi" are pronounced like "Takahash", as well. Same phenomenon.)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

The whole social media gimmick already feels so outdated to me. I personally hope it wouldnt have the m!x gene features, but it seems like it will??? I might buy it if i have enough money by then, i still havent even bought the wonder garden yet...., but it definitely seems like it'll be interesting. I just hope Miraitchi is there so that I can raise her or get her genes at least haha. I still think the whole concept seems rather convoluted, but we arent the target audience for this anyway... hopefully it surpasses our expectations tho!   

• Like 4

7 hours ago, tamastar133 said:

I personally hope it wouldnt have the m!x gene features, but it seems like it will???

yeah the mix genes feature was really unique when it came out, but if it's gonna be a staple of tamagotchis from now on, then that'd be a bit disappointing. i kinda miss raising specific characters.. i hope at the very least that if they keep that feature in then they'd program it differently. getting stuck with kuchipatchi's body for like 10 generations straight kinda sucked LMAO 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, tamastar133 said:

I still think the whole concept seems rather convoluted, but we arent the target audience for this anyway...

Maybe it's something that the younger generation "gets" that we don't? :lol:

1 hour ago, PurplePyonkotchi00! said:

i kinda miss raising specific characters..

As fun as I found the genetics system in the Meets (I skipped the M!x), so do I. :(

1 hour ago, PurplePyonkotchi00! said:

getting stuck with kuchipatchi's body for like 10 generations straight kinda sucked LMAO

I saw a shirt based on that phenomenon on Etsy. :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I love the idea of this, and I think it's really great to see Bandai taking this big of a step for their new Tamas. Unlike the ON as such, I think these Tamagotchis will be geared towards a slightly older generation of kids, I wanna say 9-13. The ON was made for younger kids and I think the whole 'taking pictures' thing wouldn't match up with the demographic. Just me?

Also, I'm really thrilled about this being a European release. I can't wait to get my hands on one of these! 

I think the thing that could matter the most is the camera quality. I doubt it would be amazing considering it geared towards kids, they aren't going to make it have the quality of an £1000 DSLR. I hope they do their best though.

Also the faceplates, I really hope these are just prototypes. That includes the packaging. It's such a downgrade from the ON and Meets, this reminds me a lot of these VPets. Looks like something similar. 

• Like 4

Update:

According to Tamagotchi Wiki on Twitter, all preorders are now cancelled and the listings are removed. 

EB526614-A598-4-DBA-AE2-D-BF04-C3-A16-EF

This only means that they were not meant to be available for preorders until there’s an official announcement. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Guess it was just an early leak after all. kinda weird how things keep getting leaked for the pix, first the model patent pic that was leaked, and now this. tho i dont remember if this happened with other color tamas before, but still its interesting 

• Like 5

I logged in just to gush about how excited I am about this!! The fact that the description and the box seemingly make no mention of the mix feature is just, aaaaaaaaaaaaa! I'm so, so tired of the mixing feature, so seeing a (hopeful) return to a more traditional Tamagotchi has me super hyped. That's all I care about lmao! I just want regular Tamas. It's also good to see another English tama! This one is an original release, so I hope this means Tamagotchi is doing well in the west?

The 3 egg types is interesting, are we going to have a return of the personality system or the skill points system? I'm going to guess that the 2 Mametchis and the Furawatchi (she's pink? on a english tama?) on the packaging represent Intelligence, Cuteness and Creativity respectively. Makes me think that the types won't affect your evolution, kinda like the Music Star.

The packaging is almost the same as the packing for the iD which is also interesting. Much better than the wasteful packing the On had, but I wonder why they went for this design specifically?  Interestingly enough the packaging shows a real up-close shot of Mametchi, which I believe hasn't shown up since the iD (possibly the iDL, but I can't find any screenshots)? I wonder if the Pix is based off the iD in some way...

Not too sure about the design, the faceplates look a little weird. Then again, I thought the m!x had a ugly design but I ended up liking it much more once I actually saw it motion. The product images really do not do the m!x any favours. I wonder if you'll be able to change the faceplate with the touch buttons? The whole camera gimmick is also a meh for me. How it's actually incorporated into the gameplay (or not) will make it a hit or miss for me.

Hopefully we don't have to wait forever for an official reveal from Bandai. I want to see a trailer~

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, molldoll said:

I'm so, so tired of the mixing feature, so seeing a (hopeful) return to a more traditional Tamagotchi has me super hyped. That's all I care about lmao! I just want regular Tamas. It's also good to see another English tama! This one is an original release, so I hope this means Tamagotchi is doing well in the west?

I will have to disagree on the mixing part, I thought mixing the genes is a great idea so adding that into a regular tamagotchi would be amazing! Like you said a “traditional tamagotchi” is what tamagotchi fandom are looking for. If they decide to bring back the job and the personality systems they will sure attract so many people. I would love to hear an official announcement to know more about the Pix. :) 

1 hour ago, molldoll said:

Not too sure about the design, the faceplates look a little weird. Then again, I thought the m!x had a ugly design but I ended up liking it much more once I actually saw it motion. The product images really do not do the m!x any favours. I wonder if you'll be able to change the faceplate with the touch buttons?

Both the faceplate and the packaging are not looking great if I’m going to be honest but I’m thinking this is only a prototype, we are not meant to see it anyways as some sources stated that they are leaked! Making the faceplate changeable is going to be amazing I can’t wait to see what the fans would do because let’s be honest the fan made stuff sometimes look better than the original :P

I can’t wait to learn more about it! 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, iTamannadi said:

but I’m thinking this is only a prototype, we are not meant to see it anyways as some sources stated that they are leaked!

The thing is, retailers get their images from official distributors. Though prototypes being pictured does happen sometimes, the images may feature production samples instead. Moreover, the units shown in the images that Amazon was displaying match up to the patent diagrams for this device - the final version might not change very much from what we've seen.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Penguin-keeper said:

The thing is, retailers get their images from official distributors. Though prototypes being pictured does happen sometimes, the images may feature production samples instead. Moreover, the units shown in the images that Amazon was displaying match up to the patent diagrams for this device - the final version might not change very much from what we've seen.

You’re right, if I remember correctly this happened with the sweets meets when it was first leaked, people were happy about the colors of the shells until we saw the official designs. The shell itself looks great, I’m just worried about the faceplate that gives me Tamagezi vibes! :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

It seems Good because,Kids who uses Social Media will Probably Love this Tamagotchi!

• Like 2

wonder if the Pix will have the gene mixing feature. I have heard people say that it probably won't based on the fact that the leaked images show only 'regular' tamagotchis, but on the other hand I feel like 'Pix' could be a play on 'pics' (pictures) and 'mix'. What does everyone think?

Edited by Izzyd07
  • Like 5

On 2/2/2021 at 3:00 AM, iTamannadi said:

I will have to disagree on the mixing part, I thought mixing the genes is a great idea so adding that into a regular tamagotchi would be amazing!

it's definitely a great idea, but after 4, almost 5 years of the same gimmick it's just become very meh for me. It would be great if they released a Tamagotchi with both mixing, and the ability to raise regular Tamas (without have to kill of your current one, lol).

On 2/2/2021 at 3:00 AM, iTamannadi said:

Making the faceplate changeable is going to be amazing I can’t wait to see what the fans would do because let’s be honest the fan made stuff sometimes look better than the original

For this I actually meant changing it like you can on previous colour Tamas by prying up the faceplate and replacing the paper that's under there, I didn't even think of it being intentionally changeable like the Tama-go and 4U are!

...Man I hope there's some official news soon. Please Bandai I'm begging you!! I am impatient lol

• Like 4

4 hours ago, molldoll said:

after 4, almost 5 years of the same gimmick it's just become very meh for me.

oh absolutely. i am... very tired of mixing my tamagotchis aah.. i mean its CUTE but. i miss being able to tell how well i did like with my connections yknow?

• Like 5

yeah same here. i wont lie, the mixing thing was really unique and innovative and i had a LOT of fun playing my mix and on because of that. though it does get kind of old after a while. I hope this version either doesn't have that feature or has it programmed in a different way, i feel like ive seen every single part of each character and it barely feels like im mixing anything anymore. I'd like it if they had the same number of adult characters that the mix/meets/on had (wasnt it like around 30 adult characters to marry on the tama itself?) but they were all raiseable characters

• Like 4

I'm weird in that I really like the mixing feature. I think I'd be disappointed to see it go. I usually wouldn't bother with buying new versions of the same model of tamagotchi just for new characters but I have all the meets and all of the mixes except the melody mix because I wanted the new characters to mix with.

On the other hand it is fun to try and get specific characters with care misses etc on the older models.

Edited by Izzyd07
  • Like 4