Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, iTamannadi said:

Q: Is there a reason for the delay in the “Blue Ocean” and “Green Nature” shells? Also, is there any timeline on these for pre-orders and/or launch?

A: Based on our research and previous learnings, we decided to hold off. We’ll let all the fans know when pre-ordering begins.

4 colours was already too much? And of course, they picked the two girliest colours out of the 4. (Good thing I had already decided on pink...) This will hurt sales. And it shows how little faith Bandai has in the product.

Q: Will the Tamagotchi Pix be sold alongside the Tamagotchi On? Will this merely be added to the existing Tamagotchi lineup, or is it replacing the Tamagotchi On?

A: In today’s environment, does a product really ever go away? Our marketing focus will be moved from the Tamagotchi On to the Tamagotchi Pix, though the application and website will continue to be available!

The Tamagotchi Friends website was just suddenly replaced with the On website, after the account system corrupted without being fixed 2 years earlier. Good that they're keeping the On site on a subdomain this time.

Q: Can you transfer pictures from your Tamagotchi Pix to your computer or another storage device (via Bluetooth or USB connectivity)?

A: No, due to childhood privacy, we wanted to keep the images on the device.

How does that protect your privacy? Obviously the actual reasons are that they had to drop Bluetooth to stay under the £60 budget, and that the pictures are too low-resolution to look good when stretched to a larger screen. You can still take a picture of your Tamagotchi's screen with another camera (which will be the only way to preserve the photo's in case of a reset), this just brings the quality down even further.

Q: Can you name your Tamagotchi on the Tamagotchi Pix?

A: No you cannot since you are raising a pure Tamagotchi that already has a name!

But that also goes for the Connexion games, and you do have to name them there…

Edited by Joc
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Joc said:

4 colours was already too much? And of course, they picked the two girliest colours out of the 4. (Good thing I had already decided on pink...) This will hurt sales. And it shows how little faith Bandai has in the product.

......,.....What?

1 hour ago, Joc said:

Thankfully,Tamagotchi Friends:Dream Town Closed down.

1 hour ago, Joc said:

How does that protect your privacy? Obviously the actual reasons are that they had to drop Bluetooth to stay under the £60 budget, and that the pictures are too low-resolution to look good when stretched to a larger screen. You can still take a picture of your Tamagotchi's screen with another camera (which will be the only way to preserve the photo's in case of a reset), this just brings the quality down even further.

They want to keep the images on the device due to Childhood Privacy. (Childhood Privacy might mean to protect people in their childhood)

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Joc said:

4 colours was already too much? And of course, they picked the two girliest colours out of the 4. (Good thing I had already decided on pink...) This will hurt sales.

They also changed the shades on the pink device, as far as I can see! (Though maybe the prototype picture was just kind of washed-out.)

Anyway, I agree, and this is my only major concern about the device so far - we've already seen for the last two years that there's an audience who wants to buy into the colour Tamagotchis, but finds the available casings to be off-putting (and that audience is not entirely male, either). The monochrome releases don't have this problem, so why do the colour ones? The franchise hit its heights when it offered a wider range of casings to suit all tastes - both gender-specific and gender-neutral.

Maybe the research concerned was geared towards confirming existing biases, much like the minor controversy that sprung up around the product-research for the Lego Friends line, some years ago? I would hope that's not the case, though.

Myself, I'm a lass who's not into girly-girl colourways, and I liked the look of the blue prototype with the 1990s-esque faceplate-art. I had to settle for the purple one here. :P These being the launch colours, I won't be inclined to buy a second device (it's different when we're talking about the low-price monochrome versions, but the Pix is £60!), but I do hope that they widen the scope of this later on.

5 hours ago, Joc said:

How does that protect your privacy? Obviously the actual reasons are that they had to drop Bluetooth to stay under the £60 budget, and that the pictures are too low-resolution to look good when stretched to a larger screen. 

That's true, though after a rash of security issues regarding "connected" toys over the last several years, I can't blame them for naming that as a concern too - to be fair it probably was one, since some of the affected products in those cases included cameras (see the 2015 VTech breach, for example - no toy company wants something like that on their record). If they don't let you take the photos off of the device or connect that device to the internet, then they can't fall foul of anything like that.

5 hours ago, Joc said:

You can still take a picture of your Tamagotchi's screen with another camera (which will be the only way to preserve the photo's in case of a reset),

This reminds me of the Game Boy Camera, where it was never intended to let you transfer images off of the device, but which allowed you to use the Game Boy Printer to print them onto little stickers. Later on, people found out that the printer data could be captured and turned into an image, and it led to a revival of the device for novelty photography due to the Game Boy Camera's charmingly unique look. I wonder if we'll see any sort of hacks like this for the Pix?

Edited by Penguin-keeper
  • Like 6

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Tamagirl_14
      Hello tamatalk peeps! This my kuromametchi and my previous tama had a glitch so I just had to restart my tama and then I hatched a boy and he turned into a kuromametchi.

• By Tamagirl_14
      This pompomtchi and mametchi twins! They have evolved into teens and they are so cute!
    • By Eternal Mametchi Fan
      There is going to be an upcoming animated Tamagotchi short film to be released in Japanese theaters with the Himitsu no Cocotama movie.

It is called something along the lines of 'Tamagotchi: Big Operation Secret Delivery' and here is the official synopsis-

'To commemmorate the 20th anniversary, Tamagotchi appears on the big screen after almost 10 years! Mametchi and his friends were asked to carry something important to the Gotchi King. An uproar suddenly targets the luggage! Nostalgic elements are also incorporated, so it can be enjoyed by parents as well as children. Cocotama and Tamagotchi... please stay tuned to see what big adventures unfold on the screen in both!' You can find this by going to the Cocotama movie's website and clicking the top right corner. http://www.eiga-coco-tama.com/ It's also mentioned when you go to Tamagotchi Channel's home page. http://tamagotch.channel.or.jp/index.php The Cocotama movie, along with the Tamagotchi short, will release during the 2017 Golden Week in Japan, which lasts from the end of April to the beginning of May if I remember correctly. What do you think of this? I am personally very excited. The artwork looks different from the anime and is so cute. Also, Nijifuwatchi is getting her animated debut and we would be able to hear a voice for her! I wonder if they'd use the same voice actors for the other characters or not.
    • By Mame-Chan
      Tamagotchi friends is supposed to be released sometime in june in the US. Does anyone know the exact date?
    • By tamagirl1017
      its time for pretty cure daily news :

here are some pics of precures ppl with cats.

this weeks winner of best precure pic.
      so if you would like to enter, plz put your pic link on my profile comment.ty
      this weeks pretty cure video winner
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=FA4bDn_G4U0
      thank you elizascarlett for making the video.
      this weeks pretty cure episode:
      'futari wa pretty cure episode 45'.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51YDpg54PxY&list=PLmDcb0UXlinKAUO2qhQSUK2quDtpJfG7z&feature=player_detailpage
      thank you 123prettycureable for uploading the video.
      or watch it in non english on gogoanime.com .

hope you all are ready for doki doki precure! it comes out feb 3!.
      and this week precure is cure heart :

cure heart.
      and this weeks fairy/pet is :

Sharuru!.

this weeks best precure (and family and friends)outfit goes to:

Kurumi Momoka!.
      dont forget ppl! you can make your own outfits and could be next weeks winner! just go to my profile and post you pick on my comments page!.
      this weeks precure story:

hibiki: its raining cats and dogs today!
      kanade: lol
      hibiki: whats so funny?
      kanade: its funny cause you said its raining cats and dogs and its not.
      hibiki: but it really is!
      kanade: ok ok!
      *after school*
      kanade: well its time to go home now.
      hibiki: lets go!
      * both walk out door*
      kanade : its not raining cats and dogs.
      hibiki: maybe not dogs bu....
      *hummy falls from sky on to kanade*
      kanade: AHHHHHH!!!!
      hibiki: i told ya so....
      *kanade cuts hibiki off*
      kanade : i know i know!!!
      *hummy and hibiki giggle*
      kanade: so you two were in this together?!
      hibiki : maaaaybeee...
      *hibiki and hummy run*
      * kanade runs after them*
      kanade: i am going to get you two!!!!
      *all of them start giggling and running.

THE END

thats all for precure news( i have to go to bed) but if you have a story , or any of the above headlines you would like to enter in, plz post it to my comment page! you will get full credit. see ya next friday! dont for get to enter if you have any drawlings, videos, storys, ect. ty for comments! and you can also comment here on this topic. i will open a new topic every week with a number like the ''1'' there now to mark how many weeks i have been doing this and so ppl dont can confuzzeld on witch week its is. ty for reading and comments! check out my profile! bye bye!and good night to you all! ps: i will make it A LOT longer next week with your guyziz help!

• By TamaGoogoo
      Sorry For The Wait On TaMaGossip, News & Hints guys, i haven't been on in a while...but anyway, enough about why i didn't post the second part of TaMaGossip,News & Hints =)

The TaMaGossip For This Week-

Okay, so I've heard there's this really popular Tamagotchi user that everyone's talking about, everyone's saying that he's been putting on really fun party's, they said it was ''OFF THE ROOF, YOU SHOULD HAVE CAME!!!'' but unfortunately i wasn't online to actually go to the party, luckily, my friend told me all the info about it. She said that they were playing a ''SECRET GAME'' only people who were invited to the party only had to know, i was thinking WTF at the time, ''but i guess its okay''. She told me nothing after that, she just started talking about something such as.............well i dont know how to explain it . She told me if i wanted to meet him, that i will have to wait until 5.00pm on a Friday or Saturday, outside your apartment. I done EXACTLY what she told me to do but he didn't come . So... im going to see if he shows next time!

The News For This Week-

I haven't been on in a while so please don't post mean things on this topic if you think this news sucks okay so my news this week is...Im Giving Away A Special Code For TamaTown To People Who Get This Quiz's Right!! if you have a idea what the answer is PLEASE!!! Send me the answer do not post on topic. NOTE- Only three questions, whoever gets the questions right first wins the special code questions are from Rio, Good Luck To All Who Try =)

Quiz
      In the movie Rio~ 1.
      why did blu and Linda go to Rio (Brazil)
      In the movie Rio~ 2.
      What sort of shop did Linda own
      In the movie Rio~ 3.
      Who was the voice to Fernando

Hints

I am so sorry, but no hints this week =(

Sincerely- TamaGoogoo's TaMaGossip, News & Hints