Sign in to follow this  
Hobbit

Where is the best place to look for Tamagotchis to purchase?

Hi guys!

When I was younger, I had the Tamagotchi Connection V5 in the Argos variant.

Sadly, I lost it when I ran away from home several years ago. I'd really like to get another one, but I don't know where to start. I've checked eBay, but there were none for sale. I expect it'd be expensive too because it was a special version here in the UK!

I'm going to keep checking eBay each day or so to see if one pops up, but do you guys have any other site recommendations? I have no idea where to start. Just want a piece of my childhood back :)Thank  you ❤️

(P.S - I understand this site is not for selling, I'd just like to know the best sites to look on to buy!)

a899d9dc0c596eda66277aea40d1ee83.jpeg

Edited by Hobbit
To abide by rules better!
  • Like 1

Oh wow - I asked my Dad to have a look and see if he still has it, and he did! No chain but I'm so happy!! :D

• Like 2

I'm sorry for the delay in approving your post (for future reference, topics like this are better off in the "What's On Your Mind?" section, where this isn't required :)), but I'm really glad to hear about the unexpected positive outcome! :D

That's okay! Thanks, I'll keep that in mind for future posts :) wasnt too sure where to put this post so it ended up in here 😅

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lainey cassels said:

Amazon. It has less bootlegs.

Amazon UK, at least, has just as many bootlegs as eBay, if not more. Is there really a regional Amazon arm that has less? :huh:

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By ChildofCheed
      Specifically the sega toy versions, like the ones below. I've been searching the internet for so long to find some but can never seem to find any! Only the newer versions made by Wild Planet. All the websites I've seen are out of these ones so maybe any individuals who have one they would sell?

• By rajanhoxha
      A while ago, I bought 2 used Tamagotchi Connections at a pawn shop. They worked just fine, but the battery cover screw was corroded in both of them:

I searched the internet for ways to remove the corrosion. Some people would even use ketchup, but the most effective way was letting the screws sit in vinegar, then using a toothbrush to remove the rest of the corrosion, and finally cleaning them with alcohol. However, due to me being busy with school, a year passed and I still hadn't tried cleaning the screws, until a few days ago when I had some spare time and decided to try it out. I thought, why not demonstrate the whole process on TamaTalk to help people out? 

First, I removed the screws from the battery covers. Tamagotchi Connection battery covers have some sort of retainer that keeps the screw from falling out. To remove the screw, I had to hold the retainer using my fingernail, then pull on the screw while twisting it counterclockwise. Now, both the screw and the retainer came out. The retainer was also a bit corroded, as well as the screw hole in the battery cover. I cleaned those with alcohol.
      Now, the fun part. I let the screws sit in apple cider vinegar for around 30 minutes.

Then, I scrubbed them with a toothbrush several times. Both the screws came out looking way better, but one of them still had some ugly black marks where the corrosion was. As a last resort, I sandpapered it. I have no idea what the exact grit of the sandpaper was, but eyeing it, it seemed to be around ~200 grit. This improved the appearance of the screw drastically. Here are the results!

Comparing it to a non-corroded screw of another tama, the finish looks less shiny. But it's a lot better than a corroded screw! 
      I hope this tutorial was easy to understand! If you have any questions, feel free to ask. 
    • By Eozeda
      Hello, I'm new here at the forums but I would love some insight from anyone interested in helping out, and I hope to get more involved soon. Right now I'm looking to "complete" my current collection and it's the one I can't seem to find anywhere anymore. 😰 I realize it's asking a lot but is anyone in the community able to point me in the right direction, or is in the market to sell to another heartbroken collector? My collection will never be complete of course, but it's at the top of my current wishlist, and it would make me so happy to find one. I live in the United States which makes it a bit more difficult too. Thank you to all who read and respond! 😊
    • By Knighttchi's Ballad
      Oh boy, do I have a strange story for TamaTalk for once. It centers on this:

While I was connecting Sotilde, my Hanerutchi, to my Akai using the same-version connection, suddenly this weird flashing image pops up before the usual connection seeking animation. It flashed between black and white or negative colours and positive colours. Unfortunately, I didn't get to take a positive coloured image but I can tell you it looked like a weird Kusatchi creature leaning out of its pot and crying, or possibly just being super anxious. After the flashing was over, it then transitioned to a screen displaying an empty meter at the top with a timer counting down from 9 seconds. It turned out I had to mash the A button in order to fill up the meter before the time ran out. The B button would make a noise but wouldn't fill up the meter and I didn't get to try the C button. Of course, button mashing is hard enough and I failed the first time and was then abruptly transitioned to the usual connection seeking screen. I exited out of the connection but was still in the connection menu so I selected same version connection again. The game reappeared! I tried my best to fill up the meter now that I had effectively unlimited retries unless I exited the menu altogether, as I did later. My button mashing skills were not good enough and at best I was two blocks away from completion. I was also getting nervous about harming Sotilde's device, considering she is a long-living oldie being 3 human years old. That's why I wouldn't have given her to my brother who's got excellent button mashing skills 'cause he'd probably total her.
      Now this isn't the first time this event has happened. I know for certain it happened twice on my Akai while I was unfortunately completely flabbergasted and unable to get any pictures because it ended so fast. The first time it happened, I thought I was hallucinating because such a weird, unexplained things started happening to my Tamagotchi for a few, brief confusing seconds and then it was just gone. And of course, the whole line of Japanese at the top made me even more confused. I tried rendering it in romaji using my Japanese connection chart but it looks like some of the characters are either truncated or completely unique. It would have helped if I got the normal picture of it but I can't so I'll have to wait for my next opportunity. I have a feeling this minigame might not be as uncommon as it appeared since I don't do that many connections to begin with, and most people probably don't.
      I wonder if this minigame actually requires prior connections or if it might be some special Easter egg intended to be stumbled upon by a bored kid messing around with the connection feature even though they didn't have another tama. Does anybody have any info on this?
    • By persephonedeterm
      Hey!
      Tamagotchis have been with me through my childhood. Now I am an 18-year-old who occasionally transforms into a total tama-stan. XD
      I've currently got booted up a connection v2! However, since I last used it, I think it may have bugged out slightly... I downloaded my old tama (petitchi, gen 12) to find that the age of my tama was 61??? Not sure how that happened. XD
      My first ever tamagotchi was the connection v4.5 <3, I got it for my eighth birthday and I loved it soo much!!! However, it just so happens to be the only tama I have that no longer works!! 😢 It's really hard to replace that model.
      Anyway! I thought now is a good time to return once again to my hobby, since I'm inside all the time, haha! 

My collection of tamagotchis:
      Tamagotchi P2 (J)
      Connection v2 (E)
      Connection v5.5 (Celebrity Familitchi) (E)
      Connection v6 (Music Star) (E)
      Tamagotchi Friends (E)
      Gudetama Tamagotchi (E)
      ...oh! and a Violetchi lanyard.
      I'm also planning on purchasing some more japanese models! I've been hopping about on ebay, looking for good deals. 😛 As the v4.5 is so hard to come by from what I can tell, I am definitely considering investing in the Ura Jinsei Enjoi, which features my beloved Ura tamas!! 😮
      I'm always open for discussions!! If you have any questions for me, or stories to tell, please don't hesitate to comment!!