Tama pouches?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Princess Lovelitchi

Reaction score
Hi, this isn't an ad or anything, I was just curious about something. Has anyone had any copyright troubles selling handmade pouches/cases made specifically for tamas? Or is that fine? 

Last edited by a moderator:
i wouldnt know about that personally but i am an ebay/etsy/aliexpress HOUND. i am constantly looking at things on those sites just for kicks and there are a TON of cases and pouches. specifically handmade ones on etsy, but there's a silicone one that keeps popping up repeatedly on wish and ali. 

i dont THINK there's a copyright issue? theyre super popular and ive seen the same listings up for a few years now, especially the ones that are more expensive and kind of like art pieces more than they are Just a case. i doubt there would be any issues? you're selling an accessory, not ripping off the product itself, and it looks like for the crochet ones there so many patterns you can buy and its.. probably just making a decent magic circle to swallow your little egg, then including a window. i bet some of the patterns let you use THAT pattern to sell your cases, but i don't know about that.

nothing legal involving bandai at the very least, or else this would have been swat away a good while ago.

Before I start I'll make it clear that I'm not an expert, but I'm not aware of any issues - if you're making a third-party aftermarket product, and you aren't claiming that it's an official item from Bandai, there's nothing wrong with that, as long as any pattern(s) that you're using permit you to sell items made from them. And the latter point is a non-issue if you design your own patterns. :)

If you're using licensed fabrics you'd have to check the terms for those, though, but to be fair I've never heard of a crafting fabric that forbids people from selling items that they made with it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back