Sign in to follow this  
Yuki Frost

Help getting backplate off of tamagotchi ocean or other vintage tamagotchi

The Batteries of my tamagotchi ocean have officially died. This is the oldest tamagotchi I have and the screws seem smaller than the newer ones; however, I am blind and cannot tell. What sized screwdriver do I need? Anybody have any tips on getting them out? How quickly do I need to get the batteries out before I may start expirance get problems?

it is a Japanese tamagotchi if that makes any difference. 

Edited by Yuki Frost
Clarification
  • Like 2

If you look into this topic you will be able to find the best screwdriver for vintage tamagotchis, they are JIS size 00 

Usually keeping the battery won’t harm the tamagotchi if it’s not kept there for too long so don’t worry! :) 

Edited by iTamannadi
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, iTamannadi said:

If you look into this topic you will be able to find the best screwdriver for vintage tamagotchis, they are JIS size 00 

Usually keeping the battery won’t harm the tamagotchi if it’s kept there for too long so don’t worry! :) 

Ok good to know!! I’ve had problems with newer tamagotchi and batteries so my nerves are always pretty high. That’s so much !!

• Like 2

We got the screwdriver however that still has not worked. The backplate is still firmly in place.

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Yuki Frost said:

We got the screwdriver however that still has not worked. The backplate is still firmly in place.

In this case I recommend you take it to a jeweler and see what they could do to the backplate. 

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By milkgotchi
      I recently purchased this on eBay because it looked interesting. I couldn't find a wiki article about it or much info anywhere else. I don't think it's a traditional tama in which you hatch and raise a baby. I believe it's an accessory for possibly the v3 or v4? Does anyone know or recognize this big boy and can give me some details about it? Seems to be from 2005 according to the bandai copyright on the box.

• By Scrungo
      Hello, and welcome to my Morino log!
      Now, I REALLY like bugs, ESPECIALLY Stag Beetles, or really anything with a horn/pincer. I also just like most bugs in general.
      After finding a Tamagotchi thats ALL about bugs, I knew I had to get it. The only thing that comes this close to my love of bugs is Fish.

In this log, I plan to:
      Run the Polka Dot egg to get a feel for how this Tamagotchi plays.
      Run the White egg several times after the Polka Dot egg, and see who I get.
      Discuss how I got specific outcomes to the best of my ability.
      Talk about new features the Morino has, and differences it has from other vintage Tamas the best I can.

With introductions out of the way, I hope you all enjoy this log of the Japan exclusive, Morino Tamagotch!

• By QueenRita
      I'm debating purchasing a new tamagotchi. I haven't finished my collection of Connections yet (need a V1, any .5's and a Music Star, then any Japanese 'connections', I just don't know what to really call them generally) but I think I would like a vintage right now to be honest. I have a lot of free time when, I have free time, as I'm a senior in high school so I still have to attend all my classes and whatnot.

I'm curious if a vintage tamagotchi would be good for me or not... I don't think I want a P1 or P2 (though I'm not opposed), and I know how busy an Ocean is so I'm not even gonna try. A Devil would be nice but those are so expensive I'm not gonna mess with it, but on the other side of that I think I would enjoy an Angel or a Forest! Maybe even a Mesutchi and Osutchi, I'm not sure.

My schedule is this-
      During the school week, from 8am to 4pm, I'm at school. I always set my connections to sleep in until 10:30am because my first period classes are too demanding for me to bother my Tamagotchi's, so I can easily set my time on Tamagotchi's a bit late. I usually only care for one tamagotchi at a time while I'm at school because they click together on my belt loops, but if I can figure out a way that they don't make noise I can easily care for multiple at a time. After school I'm free until I go to bed. Sunday mornings I have work (9am to noon, I'm usually not busy though and have taken fine care of Tamagotchi's during work before). Sometimes I have DnD in the evenings but my other players know that I play with my tamagotchi's so that's not a distraction from the game.

If a Vintage wouldn't do well with my schedule I'm curious what other Tamagotchi's would do well with me. I already have 2 M!Xes, so I'm good on that front... Plus I just, don't want another color tama for now. Any tamagotchi suggestions? I'd also take tamagotchi cousin suggestions too, like I think qpets are really cute and I'd honestly order the dog one if I knew where the find it...

In short, I'm a senior in highschool with a lot of free time looking for another Tamagotchi. I would prefer a vintage but any other Tamagotchi or Tama Cousins recommendation would be just as good as well. I am not looking for a colored Tamagotchi.

Thank you so much!
    • By lanayasha
      I bought myself a Mothra for Christmas <3 Right now, I have the batora grub teen and I was just wondering if anyone knew at what age do they go into their cocoon form or become an adult? My little guy is 10 years old (really I've been running him for like a week or so; I had to put him to sleep a few times while I went out) and I thought surely he would have evolved by now!

Does anyone have any pointers?

Thanks <3
    • By alysssa
      Hi! I am new to the Tamagotchi P (and this website so forgive me if this was answered in a previous forum) but not new to tamagotchi, in general. It has taken me some research to understand all the buttons and menu's but so far I have gotten it down pack for the most part. The only thing I am having trouble with understanding and finding information on is the "IRDA" business.

All I know is that it's used to download things, but I am not even sure how to go about this.
      I don't even know what you can necessarily download.. Any help would be very much appreciated.
      (P.S I have a macbook.)