Generation 2 vs version 3

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lilauren125

Reaction score
Hi, I bought the new generation 2 last week the new ones that have just come out and they seem so small I have been looking into getting on the version 3 going to be a bit pricey been so long since I last had one. But the question I'm asking is the version 3 bigger than the new ones that have just been released tried to search on the Internet but it seemed as if no ones done a comparison video 

The Gen 2 tamagotchi is a rerelease replicas of the original tamagotchis that were released in 1996. They are simple and the focus is mostly on raising the tamagotchi. You can feed it, play with it. It’s very simple.  :tarakotchi:

Version 3 is also about taking care of your tamagotchi, but it’s a bit detailed. For example you can visit the shop, play multiple games (I believe they were three games) train you tamagotchi either by praising it when it’s sad or punish it when it’s misbehaving. You can also marry it with another tamagotchi or wait for the matchmaker to visit you. At the time it was the very first tamagotchi where you can visit tamatown on the internet to collect souvenirs and money. Sadly the website is now gone. :(

If you click the links you will find information about Version 3, and Gen 2.

Last edited by a moderator:
Am I correct in assuming that you're referring to the Tamagotchi Original/The Original Tamagotchi Generation 1 and 2 devices (which are remakes of the 1996/1997 originals), as compared to the Tamagotchi Connection Version 3 (which is from the 2000s), here?

If so, then yes, the Connection line is a little bit bigger than the 1990s originals and their recent remakes. Not by too much, but they are a little bit larger.

Yes that is was I'm referring too. I got the generation 2 2018 the remakes, but I've just spend a fair amount of money on the tamagotchi connection v3, and wanting to know the difference in size :)

I took a picture of both my Gen 2 and V3. As you can see the difference is the V3 (left one) has a small antenna and is larger than the Gen 2:

DA9588-E4-8-F6-C-4431-996-D-7645998-CD543.jpg

@iTamannadi - Thanks so much for providing the photo. I don't have a V3 (only a V2 and a V4), so I couldn't do anything like that. :lol:

Hi, I bought the new generation 2 last week the new ones that have just come out and they seem so small I have been looking into getting on the version 3 going to be a bit pricey been so long since I last had one. But the question I'm asking is the version 3 bigger than the new ones that have just been released tried to search on the Internet but it seemed as if no ones done a comparison video 

Latest posts

Back