Weird Meets glitches?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kokomokola

Reaction score
So I've encountered a few oddities on my (secondhand) Sanrio Meets in the few weeks that I've had it. Anyone else experience any of these?? Or have you experienced any other glitch that's not the reset/peter pan ones?

1. So the first one I noticed is that sometimes the items in the toy section of the treasure box disappear. And I have definitely not deleted them. Like one time I had a pair of binoculars disappear after my tama took them to the tama hotel (where he played with them with Kuromametchi). Another time a box of sky crayons were just gone one day. Meanwhile all the other toys are sticking around just fine??

2. The second one is that there is a mysterious, nameless ditto item in the accessories section of the treasure box. It's always the last item in the list and its picture is always the same as the second to last item in the list, but it has a blank where the name of the item should be. I'm afraid to interact with it or try to delete it??

3. When I first started up the tamagotchi, I put my name as めい (mei). I definitely typed it correctly, and viewed it several times over the course of a week. But one day it changed and now shows that my name is めく (meku). I'm so confused as to how and why this happened??

This is a shot in the dark, but I don't suppose that you're using rechargeable batteries with the device, by any chance?

I ask because, though the English version of the Tamagotchi Meets, the Tamagotchi On, can use rechargeables, apparently the Meets devices can misbehave since they're not designed for them. Long story short, the voltage on rechargeables drops off quicker, and some electronics are more tolerant of this than others - this is why toy manufacturers will often recommend only using alkaline AAs and nothing else.

That's really interesting, I didn't know that! I'm actually using rechargeables now (maybe I'd better switch back lol), but I wasn't when all those irregularities appeared, I was using regular batteries then.

Latest posts

Back