Hi! so.. uh. i got this tamagotchi p's used off ebay a few days ago, and it was working fine for a few days but now it won't turn on. i tried new batteries but... nothing. it didn't even give me a dead battery screen so it was wishful thinking i guess.

but its like theres no power to it at all. even with batteries in i cant turn it on or anything. im... afraid to take a color tamagotchi apart but ill do it if i need to, i guess. i can also try to contact the seller on ebay.

any.. suggestions for what might be wrong?.. all i know is that i put it in my pocket and it beeped and, i think my jacket pocket might have hit something? but i don't think so. then i went out the door to the car and it wouldnt turn on. been like this for i think 3 days now, i was waiting on new batteries.

• Sad 1

I will preface this by making it clear that I'm not an expert, but I did hear of a similar case before where it turned out to be the capacitors. Capacitors are an electronic component that can eventually die, and part of servicing electrical and electronic devices is to replace them every so often.

I'm not saying that this is definitely the case here, just that this can be a cause of a device dying like this, just like any number of other things can be. It's unlikely to be something that you've done that's caused the problem.

Your best bet is just to contact the seller. It's best not to open the device unless there's nothing that they can do to help you.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Penguin-keeper said:

Your best bet is just to contact the seller. It's best not to open the device unless there's nothing that they can do to help you.

yeah.. im afraid to touch it for now. in the meantime ive been offered uh. $10 if i decide to keep it, and then other than that i ... assume my option is to return it for a (i assume/hope) a full refund? ... mmmm.

i was gonna say i could get one in the box its just more expensive and now i cannot find ANYTHING that isn't over 300 when last time i looked it was 225 on amazon.... annoying...... the sellers being nice though. ill probably get back to them in the morning but. i would like to fix it if i cant seem to.. get a replacement, i guess.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Diannatchi
      Hello everyone! I have a tamagotchi on right now but I’ve been really wanting the p’s. It is very expensive but it seems like so much fun. I don’t think I’m going to be able to get any pierces because they are also pretty expensive. For those of you who have a tamagotchi p’s, do you think it’s fun without the deco pierces (or an IRDA phone)? Thank you
    • By missusmelty
      I’ll start off by saying, I LOVE cleaning tamagotchi’s. 🧽

I’ve bought a few where people have claimed the buttons don’t work, I’ll take a risk, and purchase them. Once receiving them, I delicately take them apart and see what could possibly be wrong. So far I’ve been lucky that all it is, is that they’ve been taken everywhere by their previous owners/owner, collecting dirt, hair, you name it, and with that collecting around/under the buttons is what makes them not work as well as they should. 

After giving them a “bath” and piecing them back together, they work good as new! ☺️ I know these photos aren’t the best in quality, but I had to resize them to be able to upload on here. These two are my most recent ones that I’ve worked on. I wonder who use to own these before they ran into the person I purchased them from?

With that all said, I’ve been on the hunt now for tamagotchi lots/sets that are “broken” and was hoping that people here might be able to point me in the right direction of sellers who do that. I know there were a few on eBay who did, but at the moment I can’t seem to find them selling any. 

• By Bitter_Merringue
      My Tamagotchi ON was working fine yesterday and today when I went to turn it on it wouldn't even start up. I replaced the batteries and the screen just stays white with what I assume is some internal damage, although i don't know how this is possible as I haven't taken my Tama anywhere that could've resulted in this.
      Anyone know how to fix this? I really don't want to those my family tree and I don't really have the money for a new Tamagotchi ON.

• By GinaJinSarang
      Hey, Tama Lovers!!! My name is Gina! I have been part of this forum for a while!   Content removed - topics promoting personal links are not allowed. Sorry! --Penguin-keeper
    • By TRDFizzy
      Hi. I have owned this pink tamagotchi P’s for around 2-3 years. I am a 13 year old male, and while personally I do not mind the color much I’m sure it would not go over well in public places, especially in the area where I live. I’m not sure if this is against the rules, and if it is I will remove this post, but I was wondering if anyone was interested in “trading” my tamagotchi for one of a blue or green color. I will also accept other kinds of colored tamagotchis (as in the screen, not the shell). As long as it’s within reason monetarily wise. I might be able to meet up if you live somewhere in the central Virginia area, or am willing to mail it to you. (I would hope this community is nice enough to partake in their part of the deal, for I am new here and have only recently discovered the site.) Thanks! (I cannot post pictures because the file size is too large, but if I find a workaround, I will edit the post with pictures, or message them to you if you are interested.) Bye!
    • By BodyGlitter
      Hi,
      Recently I bought a preowned Royal pierce from Japan you want and I can't get it to unlink from the previous owner and link to mine.
      My Ps came with the Dream Coffret pierce and I had trouble linking that one too but once I married off my adult tama and had a baby I was able too, I figured that since that one now worked so would my Royal pierce but it was still unable to link it and I ended up resetting my tamagotchi but my Royal pierce still isn't working, I haven't tried my Dream one yet though.
      I know accidents happen but I feel that since I bought it from JYW it should be functional I didn't buy it from somebody on ebay yk? I don't think my tama pierce port itself is damaged because my Dream pierce works? I blew on both so I don't think it's dust either.
      I'm wondering if I can only connect certain pierces during certain stages, like am I only able to connect my Royal pierce when I have a teen? Or is it just broken?
      Sorry this is so long, thank you in advance!