Tamagotchi P's Broken?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DraconicDetective

Reaction score
Hi! so.. uh. i got this tamagotchi p's used off ebay a few days ago, and it was working fine for a few days but now it won't turn on. i tried new batteries but... nothing. it didn't even give me a dead battery screen so it was wishful thinking i guess.

but its like theres no power to it at all. even with batteries in i cant turn it on or anything. im... afraid to take a color tamagotchi apart but ill do it if i need to, i guess. i can also try to contact the seller on ebay.

any.. suggestions for what might be wrong?.. all i know is that i put it in my pocket and it beeped and, i think my jacket pocket might have hit something? but i don't think so. then i went out the door to the car and it wouldnt turn on. been like this for i think 3 days now, i was waiting on new batteries.

I will preface this by making it clear that I'm not an expert, but I did hear of a similar case before where it turned out to be the capacitors. Capacitors are an electronic component that can eventually die, and part of servicing electrical and electronic devices is to replace them every so often.

I'm not saying that this is definitely the case here, just that this can be a cause of a device dying like this, just like any number of other things can be. It's unlikely to be something that you've done that's caused the problem.

Your best bet is just to contact the seller. It's best not to open the device unless there's nothing that they can do to help you.

Your best bet is just to contact the seller. It's best not to open the device unless there's nothing that they can do to help you.
yeah.. im afraid to touch it for now. in the meantime ive been offered uh. $10 if i decide to keep it, and then other than that i ... assume my option is to return it for a (i assume/hope) a full refund? ... mmmm.

i was gonna say i could get one in the box its just more expensive and now i cannot find ANYTHING that isn't over 300 when last time i looked it was 225 on amazon.... annoying...... the sellers being nice though. ill probably get back to them in the morning but. i would like to fix it if i cant seem to.. get a replacement, i guess.

Latest posts

Back