help me choose a color one šŸ˜œ

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

athena!

Reaction score
hello everyone! I'm going to buy my first color tamagotchi, and I don't know which would be better and interesting!

so now I'm choosing between 4u+ and idl.

but should I think about newest versions? is On/ Meets completely better than the previous releases? help me decide please^^

I can tell you about the Meets/ON, their main feature is that you canĀ mixĀ the genes and get a unique character, thatā€™s all.Ā The 4U and iD L both focuses more on raising the tamagotchi and their personality.

I havenā€™t played with neither the 4U orĀ iDL I hope someone can help you with their gameplay. :) Ā 

i tend to focus on what gameplay elements i think i would like the most when tamagotchi shopping to expand my collection! thats why i prefer connections over the earliest tamas, i like having minigames and items šŸ™‚Ā i havent done a lot of looking into IDLs, and i know i personally have more interest in a 4U for the english patch, BUT, i think theyre both fun versions from the little digging ive seen! it really just depends what you're interested in as far as features go. that's always what i use to make my decision, anyway.

i can also tell you that personally i am... getting sick of the gene mixing on the m!x, meets, on, etc. i find it interesting the first few generations, but then it gets old. which isn't a big deal! that's just me. i like knowing how well ive done and the gene makes that... hard, i guess? it's cute though. the m!x was my first color tamagotchi and i definitely wish id waited a bit for the on/meets to come out, but of course i had no idea about them at the time. and thats ok! but if you think you'd like the gene mixing then i definitely recommend those, they are really cute.

Between the 4u+ and the iD L, the iD L is imo the better Tamagotchi. It has a lot more content, like twice the raisable characters, and is generally just a little complex than the 4U models are. If you want to use downloadable content then the iD L is also better there since it uses IRda, which is much more universal than the NFC the 4U models have. Additionally, if you want to collect more colour Tamas, the iD L can connect all the way from the Plus Color to the P's.

As for the On/Meets, I think that's just up to personal preference. If you want a full english Tamagotchi the On is great choice, since english iD L are pretty hard to find (and expensive) and the 4U+ doesn't have a patch (even the patch for the regular 4U isn't a full translation). It has less content than the iD L I believe, but I think it makes up for the content in the actual gene-mixing gameplay.

Latest posts

Back