Music Star Prices Soaring

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

linty_lint

Reaction score
Sorry if this is in the wrong area. Just needed somewhere to type this out. It feels nearly impossible to just find a Music Star for sale anymore, and anyone selling it is just trying to make a buck on it. I know it's stupid, but I kinda cried about not being able to find one today because I was never allowed to get one as a kid and now that I finally have my own money to buy one, they're just gone. Not sure if anyone else is going through this too right now.

I've noticed this too over the past few years! :(  Music Stars are really high in demand, especially recently, and that really sucks you can't find one! ;A; Your feelings of frustration are totally valid, and the fact that you've been waiting for one since you were a kid?! That's a terrible position to be in! Tamagotchis have become collectibles, unfortunate at is is, appealing to former 'gotchi owners and shell hoarders alike. There's so many people like you in the same position - I've been searching for a V5.5 myself over the past year! And they're very hard to find, along with a good price. Most listings I've mistaken for one are just the original V5 too! so many heartbreaking visits to Tamashell.com have ensued XD

Trust me, there's many people all around the world who have a Music Star in storage and don't even know how valuable it is. You will get your hands on one someday, mark my words - my first Tamagotchi back when I restarted my collection was the Glam Rock V6, listed under 'tamagotchi' with nothing hinting towards the type of tama it was! And I didn't even know there were different Tamagotchi versions at the time! You have to be patient, no matter how painful the wait is. I have a search under "tamagotchi" listed on my favourites bar that I check every morning, set to newly listed + used condition as new in package listings are usually the newer models or unfairly-priced new-old stock. The less specific you are with your hunting, the more rarities you may be able to find. :D  You might already do this though, haha! I'm just rambling now, good luck finding your dream Tamagotchi! We're all rooting for you! ^^

I've noticed this too over the past few years! :(  Music Stars are really high in demand, especially recently, and that really sucks you can't find one! ;A; Your feelings of frustration are totally valid, and the fact that you've been waiting for one since you were a kid?! That's a terrible position to be in! Tamagotchis have become collectibles, unfortunate at is is, appealing to former 'gotchi owners and shell hoarders alike. There's so many people like you in the same position - I've been searching for a V5.5 myself over the past year! And they're very hard to find, along with a good price. Most listings I've mistaken for one are just the original V5 too! so many heartbreaking visits to Tamashell.com have ensued XD

Trust me, there's many people all around the world who have a Music Star in storage and don't even know how valuable it is. You will get your hands on one someday, mark my words - my first Tamagotchi back when I restarted my collection was the Glam Rock V6, listed under 'tamagotchi' with nothing hinting towards the type of tama it was! And I didn't even know there were different Tamagotchi versions at the time! You have to be patient, no matter how painful the wait is. I have a search under "tamagotchi" listed on my favourites bar that I check every morning, set to newly listed + used condition as new in package listings are usually the newer models or unfairly-priced new-old stock. The less specific you are with your hunting, the more rarities you may be able to find. :D  You might already do this though, haha! I'm just rambling now, good luck finding your dream Tamagotchi! We're all rooting for you! ^^
Thank you for your kind words. I honestly felt so childish for crying about it, but my biggest regret now is not putting up enough of a fight for a Music Star while I was younger. The tips are very helpful! Most of the searches I find are NIB but I really don't need anything in a box - I just want to play with one.

While on Facebook yesterday, I lost out to someone I know already has a Music Star. It's petty, but that really made me upset. There are people that have 4 sitting around while I only want 1 and it's nearly impossible. I'm hoping someone sells for a fair price one day and maybe if you check that tag enough and see one, would you be able to let me know?

uh same!!

Thank you for all the kind words. I definitely feels like I'm fighting a losing battle. I know they're just toys, but I remember how much I wanted one and just want that to come full circle so badly. It's probably going to be impossible in the near future, but I'm holding onto hope someone is nice enough to sell.

Music stars are hard to get but u can still get them for around $20 on trade-me if you check like every day.

Or you could trade tamagotchi on face facebook. 

Honestly I'm really surprised on how expensive music stars are now. I literally got mine new in the box for 20$ back in 2014. Personally I don't really like running it since I find it really high maintenance, but I think the shells are so pretty. Sadly every tamagotchi device is always inflating in price and it's so sad....

Update for anyone who cares: I ended up getting a Music Star! I think I'll be getting two so they can connect for the funsies. Could not believe it, 2 people reached out to me asking to sell, after days of having nothing.
I'm really glad to see you got two of them! Hope you enjoy it~   

Glad you were able to get the music star! it's definitely one of my favorite versions (so much harder and more complex than the other connection tamas in my opinion) but yeah the pricing of them is getting ridiculous :( i remember they would be sold at walmart for only $15 when they were still actually available in stores, crazy how much the price has risen now. Same with the eevee nano, it was only $25 or so at launch but now its in the hundreds..... im always gonna be mad about scalpers and price gouging

Glad you got your Music Star.  Be patient, and keep looking for your second one.  I have 3 of them---Blue equalizer, Blue Rock City, and the black disco one.  The last one I bought in 2008 at Kmart for 3 dollars on clearance.  I do check ebay now and then, and have seen a few, but they were hella expensive.  It's a fun version, and more challenging than the other Connections.  I'm still looking for a blue Yasashii---found one on ebay recently for over 500 dollars, and that was a place bid, not a buy it now.  The price gouging is ridiculous!!!   Again, I say good luck finding a second Music Star.  You'll find it. 

Another update - Someone accepted a trade with me for a Music Star! I had a Tama I wasn't super attached to and they wanted it so I'm getting a Pink Piano MS :D  

The other one I got is an Argos from someone on Facebook; I dug into the depths of the Facebooks to search out someone who had one for sale in like 2018 and it didn't sell then. Shot my shot and I ended up being available!

I made the original post thinking there was 0 hope of getting one so I'm surprised how it's turning around and how nice everyone is to offer stuff to me like that too! Now I'm not looking anymore. If I do see one I kind of like, I'll consider it, but more than likely I'll just share it with someone else who's looking for a MS. I'm happy I'm at the point where I can help other people get Music Stars if they want one!

I'm guessing Music Stars are expensive because they were released at the tail end of the Connection line. As a general rule be it virtual pets, action figures or any other collectible toy items released at the end tend to sit on clearance while they're current. Because interest is fading, the company is moving on and collectors are losing interest these items are left to rot at the time they're new. But because not many people bought them not many are in circulation for collectors later on. This creates demand which drives up value. What was once something stores couldn't give away is now highly sought after. Pretty much happens with any popular collectible vintage toy line.

Latest posts

Back