Proxy buying

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iAM

TamaTalk Supporter
TamaTalk Angelgotchi
Reaction score
Hello TamaTalkers!

I thought of making this topic to share my experience with proxy services to help others who are struggling decide if they could use these kind of services.  :)

What is Proxy buying?

When you want to buy something from abroad but the item can’t be shipped to your country, you use a third party to get the item for you and then they will forward it to you. That it is basically what proxy buying means.

In this case I will be specifically talking about buying Tamagotchis/Vpets and my personal experience with Buyee which is located in Japan.

Buyee

I was doing a research on the internet to find what is the best and trusted proxy service to deal with and Buyee was defiantly on the top of the list. What I liked mostly about Buyee is that the website translates the pages and also gives you the option to either bid as if you were bidding in the actual Japanese website or buy the item immediately. I started the process of creating an account which was simple and easy. Thankfully Buyee provide a list of which countries they ship to, so if you ever decided to use their services them I suggest you check the list first.

The reason why I created a Buyee account is because I mainly wanted to buy the Magical Witches and also see if there are any Tamagotchi related items for reasonable prices. Luckily I managed to buy 2 Magical Witches from Mercari and won a Yahoo auction for the third one. During this time of purchasing, shipping and delivering the items, Buyee provided a best customer service to ensure that you are aware of the their services and the process of how they take the items and send it to you.

What makes Buyee in my opinion the best choice is:

1- They have A LOT of online shops to purchase items from.

2- VERY fast replies to your questions and inquiries.

3- Multiple shipping methods that you get to choose what is more suitable for you.

4- Provide extra protection to your item.

5- Can combine items if you have more than one and put them as one package.

The only problem is with the total at the end, considering they add their services fees plus the shipping and the items total :eek: . I think they are one of the best proxy services which of course based on my personal experience with them. I definitely recommend Buyee to those who might have a hard time finding a specific Tamagotchi/Vpet from Japan.

I’d love to hear about others experiences in other websites.  ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:
Great thread for this time of the year! I was actually doing some searching about this last night and wasn't finding very good results. You mentioned the price, what's the average for the fee service and shipping? This is what has always scared me off about trying a proxy service. Shipping international is already pretty expensive to begin with (sometimes you can find great deals and then shipping ruins it).

You mentioned the price, what's the average for the fee service and shipping?
I used Buyee multiple times and used two delivery methods. These prices are excluding the item price and any additional services:

EMS = ¥2,600 (around $20)
DHL = ¥4,597 (around $33)

Adding the mandatory services:
Service feePlan feePayment handling
¥300¥500¥200

Total would be = ¥1000 which is around $7-$8.

There are of course other optional services you can add such as additional extra protection, taking pictures of the item and consolation.

Overall Buyee for me was a great experience, even though the final total I had to pay was expensive because I requested for the additional services to ensure the items are protected during the delivery.

Latest posts

Back