ura tamagotchi anime (conceptual)

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pokeysoda

Reaction score
hiiii I don't know how much this will particularly interest anyone, but I thought this was a good place to talk about it — I've been brainstorming an idea for what an anime including the ura tamagotchis (and ura tama town) would be like. I LOVE the ura tamagotchis, there's just something so so special about them to me, and combining my two favorite things about tamagotchi (connection era, the anime) was bound to happen in my little brain eventually  :p

maybe in different circumstances I would turn this concept into a fanime project, but the idea of being the leader of something like that is overwhelming to me as it stands LOL.. the BIGGEST thing that excites me about this concept is the idea that tamas who don't have ura versions could be GIVEN an ura version, basically reviving the ura concept for modern tamagotchi characters who weren't around for it!!!!!

I guess yeah, the main reason I'm posting this is because I may start drawing and posting concepts for ura versions of various tamagotchis who don't have one. I have an ura kuromametchi design floating around in my brain, I may show off that one first if anyone's interested in seeing what I've thought of!

As good as the anime is, it kinda focuses more on selling merchandise (it's based on a toyline wholly owned by Bandai, a toy company, so of course merchandise sales are gonna be a top priority) than on being as close to an adaptation of the virtual pets as possible. There wasn't even a single death, and anytime such a subject was brought up, it was an implication at best.

And not every location from the virtual pets has been adapted to the anime either. There's of course Ura TamaTown, but the Everlasting Spring & Autumn Islands are also left out, which is odd considering the Everlasting Summer & Winter Islands have been adapted.

I'd love to see a ura tamagotchi anime! I always felt the tamagotchi anime missed a lot of opportunities by not delving into the weird lore from before. A long time ago i was messing around and drew some ura versions of characters who don't have one (not sure if I have the art anymore though :( ) and I'd think it would be really cool to play around with concepts and whatnot for a uratama anime

This would be a really interesting concept! Honestly surprised the anime never really dived into the ura counterparts of the various tamagotchi characters (as far as I'm aware), I'd love to see the other versions of mametchi and other characters in animated form!

Latest posts

Back