Tamagotchi Price Inflation

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Princess Lovelitchi

Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed that the price of tamagotchis (especially tamagotchi that have been discontinued, even in the last few years) has skyrocketed a bit lately? Or have I been out of the loop for too long and this has been a thing for a while? I've been curious if the current situation of the world has made the desire for virtual pets go up in general, or if tamagotchis have really crossed into being this high of a collector's item (which I could totally understand by itself being the reason for the inflation, since there are a lot of collectors and shell collectors out there).

Yeah, im not sure when the sudden surge happened but it really sucks. Sellers are crazy, I understand you gotta make a profit but dang....

It's honestly really sad, sadly it's not like the problem is gonna go away any sooner or later. I hope bandai can release the older models again, so collectors who are on a budget don't have to struggle so much.

I've been curious if the current situation of the world has made the desire for virtual pets go up in general, or if tamagotchis have really crossed into being this high of a collector's item (which I could totally understand by itself being the reason for the inflation, since there are a lot of collectors and shell collectors out there).
It's probably a bit of both - these things are getting older and (barring some remakes and re-releases) they're not making any more of them, so the prices were bound to rise eventually, but the pandemic has also caused a rise in spending on toys and games, and that has definitely caused a spike in aftermarket prices.

I think the prices are too high because of both the pandemic and the fact that they don’t make particular tamagotchi’s anymore. 

I hope bandai can release the older models again, so collectors who are on a budget don't have to struggle so much.
I agree on this one! That will definitely help collectors and might bring back old tama lovers and make them interested again. :)  

I know scalpers are a part of the problem as well, i heard that's why the eevee tamagotchi's prices are crazy nowadays :(  

I hope bandai can release the older models again, so collectors who are on a budget don't have to struggle so much.
I agree too, they made a start with the p1/p2/mini rereleases, I hope they can do the same with the connections next (or maybe the devilgotchi or yasashii?? the prices on those are WILD) 

Latest posts

Back