Osutchi and Mesutchi didn't evolve into their Senior form

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

321Boom

TamaTalk Supporter
TamaTalk Angelgotchi
Reaction score
Hello fellow Tama caretakers!

Yesterday afternoon, after being on Gen 4 for 19 days on my Osutchi and Mesutchi, they didn't evolve into their Senior form (Ojitchi and Otokitchi), and they just died abruptly. They never even had one care mistake, and the discipline bar was full, so why didn't they evolve into the Senior form?  :huh:  The wiki page states that perfect care needs to be sustained till they are age 13, and I'm 100% positive that I never got a care mistake till this age (or ever while running this model), so why didn't they evolve? (Wiki page for reference: https://tamagotchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tamagotchi_Osutchi_and_Mesutchi/Character_list#TMP4)

Is perfect care defined as not letting the hearts drop below 3 for example? Rather than not getting any care mistakes? I'm quite disappointed, been over a month and a half running these 2, and I didn't get the results I was aiming for at the end  :(

I got both of them a little while ago (both passed on about two days ago). Did you have both ChoHimetchi and ChoMametchi? If so, the only other thing might be that you need to catch all discipline calls for it to count as a full discipline bar and not just the bar to be maxed out (the later models with discipline seem to follow this principle). Your care criteria is fine - I'm assuming you turned the lights out before the attention light went out and also that they slept cleanly. I think the criteria might be just don't get any care mistakes since I got both even when the hearts dropped down to one a few times (I think). Based on what I've heard about the vintage originals, the evolution age for special characters may vary by a few days. If you paused your tamas, that may have altered their actual clock age. This could have been made further misleading by how age goes up every time tamagotchis awaken on most non-colour Japanese models. Although in the case of the Osutchi and Mesutchi, both of my seniors died at 19 too, even though I'm sure they accumulated 6 hours of lost time through pausing. They never got care mistakes either aside from the time one of them slept next to a mess. Even with that care mistake, they both died about 2 minutes apart. I had elevated their weight to somewhere over 50 because I wanted to get Debutchi at least once, but I never went that far. I'm not sure if that had any impact.

I've noticed that the Osutchi and Mesutchi, once during every stage, seem to get sick very close to when they will evolve. Watching for this in the adult stage is a good future indicator if you decide to try again. You might want to come back to them after a break if you still feel disappointed. If you do try again and succeed, you will get to see their hilarious eating sprites - especially for Otokitchi. I found the sprites had allot more personality in them than in the later models. 

Did you have both ChoHimetchi and ChoMametchi?
Yep, I had both those characters.

catch all discipline calls for it to count as a full discipline bar and not just the bar to be maxed out
I definitely caught all the discipline calls in their Teen and Adult stages (I timed when I mated them on purpose with my work roster so I'll be working from home on those days, it's easy to catch them all when I'm not at the office), but might have missed a couple when they were in Child stage since I wasn't working from home. Discipline bar was still full in Child stage although I might have missed a couple.

I'm assuming you turned the lights out before the attention light went out and also that they slept cleanly.
I always turned off the lights on time, but there was that one time where they slept with a mess next to them. Does that count as a care miss? Is doing that just once enough to lock you out from evolving into the Senior form? x_X That's quite harsh if so, a month and a half all ruined with just one poop!! x_X

If you paused your tamas, that may have altered their actual clock age.
I only paused them for a total of 12 hours when they were on TMP 4. I keep track of how long they're paused so I know how much of a delay to expect for evolution as you're stating.

I've noticed that the Osutchi and Mesutchi, once during every stage, seem to get sick very close to when they will evolve.
Yes, I've noticed that too, they tend to get sick extremely close to the next evolution stage. My Adults (ChoMametchi and ChoHimetchi) got sick at age 12, so I was expecting them to go into Senior form that day or latest the next, but they never did  :(

If you do try again and succeed, you will get to see their hilarious eating sprites - especially for Otokitchi. I found the sprites had allot more personality in them than in the later models. 
I definitely will try again sometime in the future, thanks for the tips  ^_^  Just received an Angelgotchi, Music Star, Umino, and Uratama that I want to play around with first though!  :D  Thanks once again, your insight is very much appreciated!  ^_^

I always turned off the lights on time, but there was that one time where they slept with a mess next to them. Does that count as a care miss? Is doing that just once enough to lock you out from evolving into the Senior form? x_X That's quite harsh if so, a month and a half all ruined with just one poop!! x_X
Possibly that was the issue but I never fully tested how many care mistakes that condition is equivalent to (usually basic empty hunger and happiness is good enough for lowering the care). I think most vintage models allow at least one care mistake when achieving perfect care characters, but I'm not sure if messes are exempt from that. I hope the senior stage doesn't have some hidden criteria like other special evolutions - I learned awhile back that Zatchi is actually achieved from fully disciplining a Zuccitchi with an empty bar. At least if you do try again, you can freely plump them up a bit since I did that with my TMP4 adults (Chips and Chops XD).

I definitely will try again sometime in the future, thanks for the tips  ^_^  Just received an Angelgotchi, Music Star, Umino, and Uratama that I want to play around with first though!  :D  Thanks once again, your insight is very much appreciated!  ^_^
You're welcome! :kusatchi: :kuribotchi: Ooh, that Umino's definitely going to keep you busy and the Music Star, too :D

Oh man. The things you don't even notice with hobby context XD Out of context, it sounds like someone had a really traumatic experience with their dog. I wonder if that's a signature my brother might use since he's really taken with crude humour and loves finding bathroom related usernames (which seem to pop up everywhere). Sadly - or maybe fortunately - User:Vomit on one site never accepted his friend request  :(

Possibly that was the issue but I never fully tested how many care mistakes that condition is equivalent to (usually basic empty hunger and happiness is good enough for lowering the care). I think most vintage models allow at least one care mistake when achieving perfect care characters, but I'm not sure if messes are exempt from that. I hope the senior stage doesn't have some hidden criteria like other special evolutions - I learned awhile back that Zatchi is actually achieved from fully disciplining a Zuccitchi with an empty bar. At least if you do try again, you can freely plump them up a bit since I did that with my TMP4 adults (Chips and Chops XD).
It's a shame that it takes so long just to get to TMP 4 to be able to test this theory out :(  Well the wiki page states to just keep maintaining perfect care, so hopefully there are no hidden criteria and I just messed up with that poop lol. That's quite neat for Zatchi, especially since it requires having a Tongaritchi that began with 0% Discipline, so it's something you actually need to plan out. Thanks for the tip about it being ok to plump them up a little lol.

You're welcome! :kusatchi: :kuribotchi: Ooh, that Umino's definitely going to keep you busy and the Music Star, too :D
Dang right about the Umino! I just tested it a bit just till a Polar Bear attacked it (to make sure the sensor to scare it away was still working since it's a very old Tama), and it's a a very intense experience! Could barely put the thing down cause it's constantly draining hearts or calling for discipline. That's gonna be a MASSIVE problem to run at the office. . . Yeah, I imagined the Music Star will be a more high maintenance V4 kinda, especially with all those skill points required to win contests/trophies and whatnot. Looks like a really fun Tama though, and I love the V4, so a music themed V4 sounds like an awesome idea! :lol:

... Why can I imagine someone finding this hilarious enough to quote in their signature? :lol:
Haha, glad you're all having a laugh at my poop misfortune lol.

Oh man. The things you don't even notice with hobby context XD Out of context, it sounds like someone had a really traumatic experience with their dog.
It really does when you look at it out of the original context haha! xD

User:Vomit
Vomit? x_X

Oh yeah, the Umino is known as one of the most difficult tamas to run and I heard that it was designed so that most wouldn't even see the adult stage. If you did manage to keep it alive at the office, Bandai should give you a medal. Oh yeah, I found this website gives allot of details about the Umino/Ocean and has some nicely written logs.

Vomit? x_X
Oh yeah, there's gross people everywhere. I actually did tell to him to send Vomit a friend request. Man, I thought it would of worked and also since he was well known in that particular community.

Oh yeah, the Umino is known as one of the most difficult tamas to run and I heard that it was designed so that most wouldn't even see the adult stage. If you did manage to keep it alive at the office, Bandai should give you a medal. Oh yeah, I found this website gives allot of details about the Umino/Ocean and has some nicely written logs.
Thanks for that link, I'll definitely make good use of it! It's especially helpful seeing a log of someone obtaining Ningyotchi (the mermaid), I really like her. Yeah, it's a tough little Tama I'll give it that, you'd really need to dedicate a week to it I imagine. Running it at the office is gonna be super tough if not close to impossible, that's really putting me off from starting it, taking care of it for a whole weekend only to have it die the next time I'm in at work x_X When I'm working from home it's manageable, but we shift on a roster, so I always have at least 2 days a week from the office 😢 

Oh yeah, there's gross people everywhere. I actually did tell to him to send Vomit a friend request. Man, I thought it would of worked and also since he was well known in that particular community.
Why would you even suggest that to your own beloved sibling????? :p  

Latest posts

Back