Spring rust?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Princess Lovelitchi

Reaction score
Okay, so I have a color tama that had some battery corrosion in it. I got the corroded batteries out and cleaned the white corrosion, but one spring is rusted, and the other is a rusty greenish looking color. Is there any way to salvage this tama? Is there anywhere I could send it off to where someone could perhaps replace the springs for me and fix it up? Or should I just consider this tama a lost cause?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm pretty sure that there's still something that you can try. If you have any white vinegar to hand, it may be worth trying to scrub up the springs using a cotton-bud (sold under the brand-name Q-Tips in some countries) soaked with the stuff.

There's a video here that shows what happens to some very rusty tools when soaked in white vinegar for 16 hours, but I would imagine that the sort of rust you're dealing with here wouldn't need such a lengthy treatment - you can probably just leave the springs in place and clean them up as described above, rather than taking the device apart and soaking them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back