Which TamaGotchi on theme is for boys or close?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Every variation is suitable for any gender. If a boy likes pink, then he can purchase the pink fairy version. 
To be fair, the Super Glitter and Hyper Feminine designs isn't appealing to most males. I hesitated to purchase one at first even though I like purple.

There is nothing wrong with variation, and I bet they would shift more units if they had colors from the original tamagotchi and chilled out with the glitter. There are not many men that are into glitter, much less boys.

Last edited by a moderator:
To be fair, the Super Glitter and Hyper Feminine designs isn't appealing to most males.
They're not appealing to a fair few of us girls, either. :lol: There are a few designs that don't seem quite as in-your-face with it (though I think all of them have glitter), but they're unhelpfully few and far between thanks to the "for girls" and "for boys" labels that have become increasingly dominant in the toy industry; In this case, the colour-model Tamagotchi shell designs would appear to be limited because supposedly "nurturing is for girls" or something like that, even though in times gone by the neutral approach made the brand a household name globally.

I said in another thread about this same topic, where the question was simply whether the product is "for girls" or "for boys", that it's up to the individual what they like rather than what someone else says they can have (I grew up with an interest in computing and video games, so I had to deal with a lot of that nonsense as a youngster!), but even with that said I would definitely like to see more cosmetic variety, because the lack of it is obviously narrowing the market for these devices when that needn't happen.

They get it absolutely right with the monochrome releases (as demonstrated over the last few years with the 20th Anniversary Tamagotchi Mini, the still-ongoing remakes of the 1996/1997 devices, and most of the current character-themed Tamagotchi Nano offerings), so I don't get why the far-more-expensive colour models don't get the same treatment.

...they're unhelpfully few and far between thanks to the "for girls" and "for boys" labels that have become increasingly dominant in the toy industry; In this case, the colour-model Tamagotchi shell designs would appear to be limited because supposedly "nurturing is for girls" or something like that, even though in times gone by the neutral approach made the brand a household name globally.
This conversation has reminded me of a certain passage in the Tamagotchi (1996 Pet) page on the fandom wiki.

As Tamagotchi was garnering a sizable female audience, the duo would later create Digimon using the same groundwork and overall concept as Tamagotchi, but with a more masculine style and added training and battling in an attempt to increase virtual pet appeal to males.
I must be a female then. I have almost no interest in Digimon. I only seen some anime episodes when I was I kid, and I barely remember it. I only remember watching it, that's it. However, I remember going nuts over my sister's Tamagotchi, and wishing I had one.

I finally got a Tamagotchi Connection V4.5 for my birthday in around 2008 or 2012. It was red, with a yellow star on it's antenna. I adored it, at least for a couple of years. I even remember using tamatown. Sadly I lost interest in tamagotchi. I think ether the screen broke and started leaking, or I forgot about about it, or both. Yes, I know, I am a horrible monster. I wish I continued to take care of it.

If you are wondering, I am pretty young. I am Twenty-Five, practically born yesterday. Tamagotchi can totally be multi-generational if Bandai wanted it to be.

I must be a female then. I have almost no interest in Digimon. I only seen some anime episodes when I was I kid, and I barely remember it. I only remember watching it, that's it. However, I remember going nuts over my sister's Tamagotchi, and wishing I had one.
I know what you mean. I like Digimon well enough (I have a vintage one and one of the recent anniversary models - it's really neat to see that Bandai did a pro-consumer thing and made them interoperable), but I prefer the older ones, rather than the anime tie-in stuff, precisely because they were so close to the Tamagotchi line that they were spun off from! I just saw it as an extension with different aesthetics, rather than seeing their intended "for girls"/"for boys" division. Raising real pets is not a gender-specific pursuit, after all, so my logic was that why would virtual pets be? :p

If you are wondering, I am pretty young. I am Twenty-Five, practically born yesterday. Tamagotchi can totally be multi-generational if Bandai wanted it to be.
Oh, it can definitely be multi-generational! :D I was in my teens when the original 1996/1997 models came to the West in early 1997, and I'm far from the only one around here who's in that bracket. The franchise has every hallmark that it needs to reach more people, just like it originally did.

Latest posts

Back