My Tamagotchi Connection V4 Shuts Down In Seconds!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rainey0713

Reaction score
So, for years now, my Tamagotchi Connection V4 doesn't really ever turn on.. Once I put in the battery, the egg appears on the screen and it works normally for about 10-15 seconds or so.. it then shows one or two horizontal lines on the screen and it shuts off. If I press the reset button, it will show the egg all over again, but it's a matter of time for the same thing to happen.. I believe it's not a battery problem, because it turns on with the reset button without moving or changing the battery (also, the same battery works on my V4.5 just fine). Lastly, I recently opened it up and cleaned everything inside, even the buttons, but it still won't work.

Please, anyone who may know something or having experience on that matter, let me know on what to do! I feel very nostalgic lately, and I really want to bring my "dead" Tamagotchis back to life, starting from this one.

Thank you all in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:
My first go-to in cases like this is to use a tiny flat-head screwdriver to carefully bend the battery-contacts upwards a bit, since the contacts can get flattened over time. Have you tried this?

My first go-to in cases like this is to use a tiny flat-head screwdriver to carefully bend the battery-contacts upwards a bit, since the contacts can get flattened over time. Have you tried this?
I haven't tried this because I believe that it's not a battery problem.. There is no harm into trying though, so I will do it and let you know shortly after.. thank you! 😊

So, I tried bending upwards the battery-contacts, but unfortunately it made no difference
Have you ever dropped your Tamagotchi or exposed it to water? If you have it could have damaged some of the internals. My only other guess to the problem would maybe be the brand of batteries? If you can, try a different kind.

Have you ever dropped your Tamagotchi or exposed it to water? If you have it could have damaged some of the internals. My only other guess to the problem would maybe be the brand of batteries? If you can, try a different kind.
I can't recall a specific incident, but for sure I have dropped it a few times / exposed it lightly into rain, it was my childhood Tamagotchi.. I took it everywhere with me and it definitely had a few accidents. But what I remember is that it stoped working unexpectedly.. I mean, it wasn't a "rough" day with big accidents.

I may try a different brand of battery one of those days, although I believe that's not the problem.. But I'll have to try everything first before I jump into conclusions 😅😂

I will try it and let you know, thank you for your time!

What you can try is to slightly take apart your Tamagotchi, and check for the condensator condition, inside.

It's just a visual check : if the top of the condensator it fully flat, it's ok.

If it appears like it has been "inflated", the condensator is torn apart.

I can't recall a specific incident, but for sure I have dropped it a few times / exposed it lightly into rain, it was my childhood Tamagotchi.. I took it everywhere with me and it definitely had a few accidents. But what I remember is that it stoped working unexpectedly.. I mean, it wasn't a "rough" day with big accidents.

I may try a different brand of battery one of those days, although I believe that's not the problem.. But I'll have to try everything first before I jump into conclusions 😅😂

I will try it and let you know, thank you for your time!
Did ya manage to fix your Tama ?

What you can try is to slightly take apart your Tamagotchi, and check for the condensator condition, inside.

It's just a visual check : if the top of the condensator it fully flat, it's ok.

If it appears like it has been "inflated", the condensator is torn apart.
Not OP, but I looked up pictures of condensators online and I remember seeing those in a few of my tamas when I took them apart!

If it is the condensator, could OP be able to get someone to solder a replacement one in? 

Maybe your Tamagochi does not work because it is too old. Sometimes when tamas get too old the screen never stays on/ never turns on. So, Rainly0713, Your tama broke because it got too old.

P.S, Rainly0713, When did you buy the Tama? If it was in 2009, The tama broke because it was too old. 

Maybe your Tamagochi does not work because it is too old. Sometimes when tamas get too old the screen never stays on/ never turns on. So, Rainly0713, Your tama broke because it got too old.

P.S, Rainly0713, When did you buy the Tama? If it was in 2009, The tama broke because it was too old.
I have several tamagotchi from 1998 and they work perfectly. They're fine despite being 24 years old. Age is not a reason for a Tamagotchi to break. Heck, a Tamagotchi has the potential to work for 100 years from manufacture, with a bit of tending, such as replacing the capacitors and replacing the screen(so with some maitnence).

Edit: oops, just realized this was a dead thread. Sorry for replying, I just got a notification on it and checked it out. 😅

Latest posts

Back