New GigaPets addition: GigaPets Pixie

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Penguin-keeper

Reaction score
I just hopped onto the official GigaPets AR website, as I do every now and then, and noticed that they released a new virtual pet in December 2020, called the "GigaPets Pixie". The official GigaPets store has them listed here (or here for the card-mounted release that's discounted by $5 at the time of writing), and you can download a digital copy of the manual from the same link, too.

Interestingly, the official description makes it sound like they have some elements in common with Bandai's Magical Witches, of all things!

The GigaPets Pixie is the most advanced GigaPet ever!
Care for and guide your Pixie as the choices you make will affect its evolution path. As you play the game you will collect elements such as clovers, which you receive when you win one of the four mini games. You can also receive dew, seeds, and fireflies if you correctly cast a weather spell by matching up two alike icons in a ‘slots’ style game. From there you can mix your elements together to create potions. There are 5 different types of potions and which ones you take will determine which Pixie you evolve into next. The game includes 8 different Pixies with unique animations and personalities including an evil Pixie which appears if you let your stats drop too low. As the game goes on it gets progressively harder. The games become more difficult, you need to take more potions to evolve your Pixie, and your Pixie need will just generally need more care and attention. The game also features several classic GigaPet features such as feeding your pet, giving it a bath, taking it to the doctor, and putting it to sleep.
(please note that the gameplay is the same in both the collectors box and card editions of the Pixie)
The official promotional video is below;

I'm really glad to see that the crew at Top Secret Toys are still looking to do new things with the GigaPets brand. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah! I remember seeing this on Amazon and getting really intrigued. Was it something you ended up collecting and any thoughts on the gameplay? It's cool how it is the Gigapet with the most evolution forms, if that's what they're called. Such an affordable pet at around the cost of a Tama P1/P2 anniversary reboot, and the purple is my favorite if I might name one.

Was it something you ended up collecting and any thoughts on the gameplay?
I didn't pick one up, no, but I do own a GigaPetsAR Unicorn and found it to be quite good, though it's a lot more repetitive than a Tamagotchi, due to how you're expected to balance out the various care meters - obviously, I don't know if this design choice carries over to the GigaPets Pixie, though.

If it's of a similar quality to the other Giga Pets revival offerings, though, it should be a fun pet. :)

I picked one up and ran it for about a week.
It's a GigaPet with an honest to goodness growth tree, which is pretty rad. The games are fun. If I remember, it borrows a lot from the Gigapets troll, which is also solid.

The reason I didn't run it longer, though, is that if your stats fall too low, your fairy turns into like... a troublemaker fairy until the stats come back up. Except it refuses to do 90% of the things that bring the stats up. And every moring, the stats basically bottom out. It's the same problem that's always plagued gigapets - for some reason, stat decrease doesn't stop during the night, so you end up waking up to a zeroed-out pet every morning and have to spend WAY too much time getting it to stop sulking. There seems to be an actual sleep mechanic, but it never seems to work for me.

That said, for the price (I think they're under $20?) it's totally worth it, and if you have the time in the mornings, a lot of fun.

Did you maybe find a way to get the stats at the pixie up again or to find out the sleep mechanics?? I need help for mine :(

Latest posts

Back