Really kicking myself

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bentobuff

Reaction score
I had an account I was SUPER active on when I was a teen (~zunky~ if you were wondering) and I'm kicking myself, I'm getting back into the hobby and I remember the email address I used to have the account on. 🤦‍♀️ I decided to come back here for tips and such and why not continue to use my old account, ya know?

Apparently I had a lurker account from before(hence why this account is from before that one). I couldn't have been older than eleven or twelve when I made this one! 😂

I guess, as I've managed to get into one of my old accounts, I may as well figure out how to change the display name to something more... Fitting? Less cringy for sure 😜 

Anyway, running my angelgotchi and having a blast with it too. 

Anyone else a super old tamaparent at this point? One concern of mine was that I'd be an adult on a forum full of children but then I remembered the awesome, most certainly adult, members, like Binary and Mothra. Hopefully I can contribute something half as awesome as they have to the community as they did when I was a kid. 💖

Children rarely use forums anymore. They’re not very mobile-friendly, and Windows 10 is too user-hostile compared to older versions. Maybe the rising popularity of Chromebooks and MacBooks will help.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know I have some cringe child moments lol :lol:  
I just accept it was a different me back then. I know I'd likely have a whole different identity here had I made my account a few years later, but the Nazotchi theme is just too nostalgic at this point to change it.  :p

Children rarely use forums anymore. They’re not very mobile-friendly, and Windows 10 is too user-hostile compared to older versions. Maybe the rising popularity of Chromebooks and MacBooks will help.
That's good to know! I can't get wifi out here so I mostly use my phone for the internet, but I'll deal. And yeah, hopefully that'll change. I think they might all be on amino now, based on my interactions with the tarot community on there.  -_-  it's similar to a forum, but almost all on an app.

I know I have some cringe child moments lol :lol:  
I just accept it was a different me back then. I know I'd likely have a whole different identity here had I made my account a few years later, but the Nazotchi theme is just too nostalgic at this point to change it.  :p
I'd forgotten all about the tama emotes!  :ichigotchi:  

And I agree, I'm certainly not the same person I was back then. I think I'll keep this account because it IS 15 years old and that's just really cool to me for some reason, even if I might not be able to change the dorky handle. Shortening it to just cobratala would be nice, however. Some of the nostalgia with juuuust enough of the babby me cringe.  :p

That said, going by Nazotchi on here is pretty rad. It's on theme, simple, and cute. I dig it and think it has staying power.  

I know what you mean, I was like 11 when i started posting here and now im almost 19. I remember 2013-15 there were some other youngsters my age. It's a pretty slow place, but i think mainly adults run the site here haha. Ever since  new year's, ive been visiting this site almost daily back like i used to ^^ 

I know what you mean, I was like 11 when i started posting here and now im almost 19. I remember 2013-15 there were some other youngsters my age. It's a pretty slow place, but i think mainly adults run the site here haha. Ever since  new year's, ive been visiting this site almost daily back like i used to ^^ 
Yeah, I was on it all the time back in 2006, a lot of us were youngsters then too.

I like the idea of visiting daily, it'll keep the site fresh with new posts. 🥰

oh yeah same here, i still remember talking w you and tamacass in the last post wins thread and tamachat, back when that existed LMAO it was some fun times. even as the years go by, i still like the community in this forum and try to visit it often :)

And I agree, I'm certainly not the same person I was back then. I think I'll keep this account because it IS 15 years old and that's just really cool to me for some reason, even if I might not be able to change the dorky handle
LMAO i feel that too, i made my account when i was still in middle school and my username is kinda cringe, though honestly bc of it, i went by purple for about 7 or 8 years online. i still feel kind of emotionally attached to this account in a way, it was one of the first ever social media accounts i ever made haha

LMAO i feel that too, i made my account when i was still in middle school and my username is kinda cringe, though honestly bc of it, i went by purple for about 7 or 8 years online. i still feel kind of emotionally attached to this account in a way, it was one of the first ever social media accounts i ever made haha
Ahhh, I remember the tamachat- that chatroom was so fun back in the day!

And hey, it's not all that cringe, much like Nazotchi, it's short, simple, and on theme! And there are far worse things you could have call yourself online than Purple.  :D

I got chatting with my childhood bestie yesterday and told her about getting back into this account and she told me about how her boyfriend was curious about her old deviantart account back from her childhood sonic the hedgehog roleplaying days. She said they had a lot of really good laughs revisiting that! 😂 

And thanks everyone, this has been a rollercoaster of emotions but in the best way, it's gone from a kaleidoscope of cringe and delight to just pure delight!  ^_^

I absolutely feel this, I made my first account (of many) on here when I was 10, and I'm 25 now, so I definitely have some moments from years ago that I look back on and cringe at myself for, there's good memories as well though of course!

I absolutely feel this, I made my first account (of many) on here when I was 10, and I'm 25 now, so I definitely have some moments from years ago that I look back on and cringe at myself for, there's good memories as well though of course!
That's the joy of it too, we grow and we see just how differently we saw the world back then! 

Latest posts

Back