cyac

Glue on tamgotchi screen!!

So i got a tamagotchi v5.5 and it had a plastic sheet that made the screen super shiny and strange. So i removed it and the plastic sheet was so old that it left all the glue on the screen!

first thing i did was get a sculpting tool and try get the glue off and it just made tons of scratches on the screen so i took the tamagotchi apart and washed the screen that sort of worked.

Eek! You might need to get something like the kits made for car headlights, to truly buff those sorts of scratches out!

Taking it apart was a good call to get that screen protector off, but goo-be-gone MIGHT have been a safer alternative for the thick screen overlay(I haven't tried it myself on the tama screens, so it'd involve a patch test on that little plastic tab that is hidden).

That said, the deed has been done. If the scratches are prominent after drying completely, they do make liquid phone screen protector kits now, you might be able to set that and hide any scratches, but as they're initially a liquid, I'd also do that with the tama taken apart 👍

• Like 2

You might want to look into Displex or Polywatch to buff those scratches from the screen :)

• Like 1