Sign in to follow this  
KuchipatchiPod

What do you actually play with?

Hello, I am new and had a curious question. Which Tamas or other vpets do you actively play with? Or do you just collect them and keep them as collectibles and not really play anymore?

I'm ordering some batteries online so I can play with my P1s and a Digimon Ver20th :)

I also play My Tamagotchi Forever on Android app though it's kind of not fun. But I love the Tamagotchi characters.

• Like 3

I actively play with whichever ones I feel like running! :D It'd feel like a waste to have them and never touch them.

Some of my favourites are the Tamagotchi Gen 1 (original or reissue - they each play out slightly differently due to some changes in the reissued version), Pac-Man Tamagotchi, MGA Penguin, and GigaPetsAR Unicorn.

• Like 1

I love the gen 1 and 2 re-release Tamagotchi, so I play with those primarily (alongside an angelgotchi), I'm also running a v4 and a v4.5 too!

• Like 1

spacer.png

Here's my "active squad." I broke down and bought a bunch more Digimon (must... have... exclusive... monsters... <_< )

Four Digimon ver20th, and two P1s (left is the OG English one and right is the OG Japanese one, so I can go for both Bill and Oyajitchi :D ) 

Yellow Digi was started two days ago and English P1 was yesterday. The rest were started today. That's why everyone is so young. ^_^

Look at how happy Koromon is about his poo :P 

So far keeping track of 6 pets has been a bit difficult, but not impossible. I'm going to try to 'stagger' their needs so they don't all suddenly beep at once tomorrow. I also kind of ignored the black and white Digimons for a while and they beeped at me with 4 poops and sick Koromons. But if I mess up on some I'll get different evolutions so it's okay, right?? :unsure:

I ordered two new Tamas (the new versions of p1 and p2, because the shells are soooooo cute :wub:) and am thinking about adding them to the roster but I don't know if I can handle 8 pets. I might retire the two OG Tamas when I get the new Tamas since the old buttons are kinda hard to press and it hurts my delicate fingers :lol:. And I can't get the screws off the JP one so the batteries will probably die soon and I won't be able to replace them. -_-

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

im getting the p1/p2 repilca. the new tamas seem more girly and gimmicky to me. as for virtual pets in general, i dont really have any games in that genre. (yet.) but it seems fun! i'll post my little guy when i recieve him! probably gonna name him budderoo or something lol

Edited by TamaHog
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

I actually fell off for a long while. Started vlogging to give myself motivation to actually play with them daily. Currently, I'm running 3, the On, the 20th anniversary chibi, and a P2 rerelease. 

I recently ran my angelgotchi and V1.

Next, I'll probably run the Pix, if I can find a place to preorder it locally as all the preorders I've found online don't have release day delivery, and a digimon 20th or two. I also have my silver plated entama that needs reassembling and a Tamasuku, deku, and another entama taking it's sweet time in the post. Maybe I'll hold off on those until I'm bored with the pix, and do a big ole weeby japanese tama run. 🤔

I'm scared to run my tamaotch. It seems so complicated and I feel like to really enjoy it I'll need a bit of a better grasp on japanese AND a bit more free-time. 😅

On 5/22/2021 at 3:39 AM, KuchipatchiPod said:

spacer.png

Here's my "active squad." I broke down and bought a bunch more Digimon (must... have... exclusive... monsters... <_< )

Four Digimon ver20th, and two P1s (left is the OG English one and right is the OG Japanese one, so I can go for both Bill and Oyajitchi :D ) 

Yellow Digi was started two days ago and English P1 was yesterday. The rest were started today. That's why everyone is so young. ^_^

Look at how happy Koromon is about his poo :P 

So far keeping track of 6 pets has been a bit difficult, but not impossible. I'm going to try to 'stagger' their needs so they don't all suddenly beep at once tomorrow. I also kind of ignored the black and white Digimons for a while and they beeped at me with 4 poops and sick Koromons. But if I mess up on some I'll get different evolutions so it's okay, right?? :unsure:

I ordered two new Tamas (the new versions of p1 and p2, because the shells are soooooo cute :wub:) and am thinking about adding them to the roster but I don't know if I can handle 8 pets. I might retire the two OG Tamas when I get the new Tamas since the old buttons are kinda hard to press and it hurts my delicate fingers :lol:. And I can't get the screws off the JP one so the batteries will probably die soon and I won't be able to replace them. -_-

Oh! Japanyouwant sells replacement screws made out of a harder metal(meaning the replacements won't be as easy to strip) Get someone who is skilled and patient with stripped screws to try and extract them. 

Edited by Penguin-keeper
Merged multi-posting.
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

Hey There! i'm new to this forum so nice to meet you all!

I recently picked up a pocket puppy (sorry it's a pooping picture, I thought it's so cute lol)

1187945736_PocketPuppy.JPG.3953d7fd3b8dc2d3a77a3f4031b68425.JPG 

Edited by Shizuma
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)

I've only ever played the tamagotchi on handheld so far, as that was like the first time I actually bought one of the virtual pet handhelds. lol

I've been aware of the other handhelds they released in the past, especially the classic/vintage era, but back then, tamagotchi was just that one series that I knew about, but never actually checked out myself. It wasn't until I became a fan of the anime a few years ago that I would decide to finally get one of the handhelds, which was when Tamagotchi On was coming out here in the west, being the first color screen handheld that would actually GET an english release, and the rest is history there. 

Edited by Klonoa13
  • Like 2

Im kinda late because i got it 5 days ago, but i got my P1 repilca! Its a blue transparent model! Im in the vintage hatch if you want updates on the tama inside.

• Like 1

On 6/3/2021 at 5:18 PM, Shizuma said:

Hey There! i'm new to this forum so nice to meet you all!

I recently picked up a pocket puppy (sorry it's a pooping picture, I thought it's so cute lol)

1187945736_PocketPuppy.JPG.3953d7fd3b8dc2d3a77a3f4031b68425.JPG 

Ahhhh this reminds me of my old nano puppy! Who is this vpet made by? 👀

The tama that I most actively play with is my Wonder Garden ON!! I get really excited to see what the different adults will look like, haha. My favorite 'connection era' tama is my Keitai Akai (some people don't like the red pixels, but I find them very charming).

• Like 1